I went from being dumb to being stupid and because I turned down my brightness, I'm now a complete moron.
    Hey man. When I said what I said, I was using mild satire to show how I view the 3 phones, but I didn't personally attack the person I quoted.

You, however, took it way too far. That's seriously uncalled for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 05:17 PM
    QUOTE=RetroAndreas;5034670]I went from being dumb to being stupid and because I turned down my brightness, I'm now a complete moron.[/QUOTE]

Hey man. When I said what I said, I was using mild satire to show how I view the 3 phones, but I didn't personally attack the person I quoted.

You, however, took it way too far. That's seriously uncalled for.

I don't think he was aiming that at you. I think he was just making a joke.

Now kiss and make up.
    04-25-10 07:38 AM

I don't think he was aiming that at you. I think he was just making a joke.

Now kiss and make up.

I didn't think he was aiming it at me either. As I stated in my post, he was aiming it at the person I quoted (frreshh).

I didn't like that he took what I said as an excuse to start slamming someone else.

There's nothing on my end to make up.

04-25-10 08:35 AM
    Ahhh. My bad. Now that I've read it all again, I see what you mean.
    04-25-10 08:42 AM
    Ahhh. My bad. Now that I've read it all again, I see what you mean.
    No problem

Sorry everyone, hopefully this thread can get back on topic after this little detour. I love my bb's, but this IS an iPhone thread, after all.

Carry on

04-25-10 08:55 AM
    (attempting to steer this ship back on course lol)

I myself have been using blackberries since the BB 7250. There amazing business tools! Steady, durable , email is second to none and I like they way that RIM has stepped up there game as the time has gone on, BUT and that's a BIG BUT! The iphone has an great ui and the speed on the 3gs (cause the other iphones before i think are garbage) is great! I went into a store to just get the overall feel of one and to make some general comparisons and they seem very "today" if that makes sense. Apparently you can have more than 1 email addy on the "push" system which is nice.

I then got the thinking "Why was I not able to play with the storm 2 as I was with the 3gs"? But anyways. Apple seems to be trying to appeal to both ends of the spectrum, young and seasoned audience. I also like the fact that I'm able to go into any store that has them and be able to test one out so to speak. Anyway I hear that this 4G is coming out in June sometime so I'm going to jump ship and try this thing out, I mean the phone is blazing fast! Compared to my Storm 1 so well see what happens.......
    04-26-10 09:46 AM
    and I like they way that RIM has stepped up there game as the time has gone on
    See I disagree with that. What exactly sets apart an old phone like that from a brand spankin new 9700. A camera, smaller, better color screen, 3G- things all new phones have now, a standard in the industry, well last year really.

But what have they really done since then that sets apart a new phone vs say an 8830 from a few years ago? Tiny little OS tweaks, still havent done much with BIS and still has tons of limitations, etc.

I dont agree theyve really stepped up their game, just went with the evolutionary flow but not revolutionized anything as of lately like Apple and Google have.
    04-26-10 10:38 AM
    See I disagree with that. What exactly sets apart an old phone like that from a brand spankin new 9700. A camera, smaller, better color screen, 3G- things all new phones have now, a standard in the industry, well last year really.

But what have they really done since then that sets apart a new phone vs say an 8830 from a few years ago? Tiny little OS tweaks, still havent done much with BIS and still has tons of limitations, etc.

I dont agree theyve really stepped up their game, just went with the evolutionary flow but not revolutionized anything as of lately like Apple and Google have.
    Well by stepping up there game I mean trying to bring something new and exciting....the Storm screen, press technology as opposed to mimicking the basic tap on glass is more what I was thinking about when I made that statement, no other manufacturer has done anything like that so they are thinking....a bit to slow but thinking none the less and I'm a firm believer that Apple has caused them to do so. Yes it is a far cry from a lot of the other phones out there but hey what can you do?
    04-26-10 11:00 AM
    Well by stepping up there game I mean trying to bring something new and exciting....the Storm screen, press technology as opposed to mimicking the basic tap on glass is more what I was thinking about when I made that statement, no other manufacturer has done anything like that so they are thinking....a bit to slow but thinking none the less and I'm a firm believer that Apple has caused them to do so. Yes it is a far cry from a lot of the other phones out there but hey what can you do?
    +1. 10char
    04-26-10 01:58 PM
    i disagree.

the storm is a terrible phone. rim sucks at making touchscreens and should stick to hardware qwertys. i've used both a storm 2 and 9700 and the 9700 is better by far. the storm 2 has a bigger screen but that's it.
    04-26-10 02:10 PM
    i disagree.

the storm is a terrible phone. rim sucks at making touchscreens and should stick to hardware qwertys. i've used both a storm 2 and 9700 and the 9700 is better by far. the storm 2 has a bigger screen but that's it.
    I think they are aimed at a slightly different demographic. The Storm came out as a direct competitor to the iPhone which is more the casual general public who uses their phone for browsing + social sites and i think the large screen was purely meant for that. I've had a Storm and Tour and i feel they really would fit 2 different type of users. I feel if the user does alot of browsing and looking at social sites then the big screen definitely helps.
    04-26-10 03:08 PM
    Get a 9700 if you wanna know what a REAL berry works/feels like.

04-27-10 05:23 AM

Funny, the little BB symbol next to BLACKBERRY on my Storm2 tells me it's also a real BlackBerry.

04-27-10 05:57 AM

The 9700 is an awesome device.
    04-27-10 06:02 AM
    i disagree.

I hear what your saying.....BUT at the same time i think that too many if not all have been comparing the S1 to like the iphone 3gs, how is that fair? I've had the S1 since day 2 of launch and have done all the leaked OS updates and see it coming along decently. S2 I have yet to mess with but I seen a few reviews on it and really what more can you expect? Give it a few years and then we can revisit it lol. But I wouldn't say RIM on a whole sucks.
    04-27-10 08:48 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD