After countless years with Blackberry, I'm finally doing the one thing I thought I would NEVER do.....going to Apple (Iphone 4).

I've ordered an unlocked Iphone 4 from Rogers (I live in Canada) and I'll be retiring my Curve 8900.

I'm impressed by some of the features of the Torch but its become increasingly obvious that Apple is the industry leader in the smartphone market. Perhaps Android can be considered up there as well.

I am looking forward to a smooth touchscreen interface, great web surfing, hundreds of thousands of apps and its great media capabilities.

My Curve 8900 was my dream BB for a couple of years.....but its slowed to a grind these days. Looking back, I was in denial about its terrible web browser and media capabilities....but no longer!
    08-06-10 10:34 AM
    I'm impressed by some of the features of the Torch but its become increasingly obvious that Apple is the industry leader in the smartphone market. Perhaps Android can be considered up there as well.
    Actually Android is the leader now I believe. Their sales outstrip both Apple and RIM by a wide margin now.
    08-06-10 11:43 AM
    I think that was just in the last quarter, not the overall numbers
    08-06-10 01:01 PM
    Actually Android is the leader now I believe. Their sales outstrip both Apple and RIM by a wide margin now.
    Lol ... That's all I have to say ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 01:10 PM
    Apparently Androids are selling a total of 200, 000 units a month now. Not hard considering how many there are.

From a Google point of view they will rake in more cash than anyone, they even make a load from Apple now. Don't wanna say what the future holds, but I am beginning to think Google will dominate regardless of what anyone wants.

The amount of revenue they get by not making their own phones and just providing the OS is staggering.
    08-06-10 01:52 PM
    I switched from an Iphone 3G to a curve 8900 to a Storm 9550. Iphone slows down a lot too and the battery life was TERRIBLE (like 14 hours)
    08-06-10 01:57 PM
    But dont the sales stats reflect ALL Andoid devices? It no surprise that all Android devices outsell Apple, which really makes only one model and is confined to one carrier.
    08-06-10 02:53 PM
    But dont the sales stats reflect ALL Andoid devices? It no surprise that all Android devices outsell Apple, which really makes only one model and is confined to one carrier.
    Yes, it's a little like BB where they outsell Apple but are contained to one company. It's a hard metric to follow, one company many devices, many companies and many devices, etc.

The bottom line rests with Google though who profits from almost every company now. Regardless if it's Apple, any Android manufacturer, RIM, etc. Google will make a tidy profit from them all.

Even so, it's a matter of perception in a way. If a style of phone outsells another by 10:1 let's say, it doesn't matter if the 10 is derived from many companies. All people will see is the bigger number and flock to that even though the individual company they choose may have a lesser market share.
    08-06-10 03:05 PM
    Yes, it's a little like BB where they outsell Apple but are contained to one company. It's a hard metric to follow, one company many devices, many companies and many devices, etc.

The bottom line rests with Google though who profits from almost every company now. Regardless if it's Apple, any Android manufacturer, RIM, etc. Google will make a tidy profit from them all.

Even so, it's a matter of perception in a way. If a style of phone outsells another by 10:1 let's say, it doesn't matter if the 10 is derived from many companies. All people will see is the bigger number and flock to that even though the individual company they choose may have a lesser market share.
    Well said.
    08-06-10 03:19 PM
    I consider the industry leader someone who brings new ideas to the table, all Google does is what all the other companies do, follow Apple. Had it not been for Apple, Google would still be making toasters, concentrating on search engines and selling ads. So Apple is the true industry leader (smart-phones) and will continue to be, once the iPhone hit Verizon it will put an end to the leader debate.

One more note: When you need 10 phones on all networks to overcome 1 (2 if you count 3GS) on ONE, that alone speaks for itself.

iOS 4 > Android <= iOS4 then Android <> leader

Overall iPhone share is comfortably ahead, although Google is putting up the fight that Palm or RIM only dreamed of.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 08-06-10 at 07:51 PM.
    08-06-10 07:43 PM
    Good for you, welcome!
    08-06-10 08:13 PM
    congrats, i love my iphone 4
    08-06-10 09:44 PM
    Congrats man did the same thing except with a 3GS four days ago.
    08-06-10 10:52 PM
    congrats, i love my iphone 4
    How is your batt? Seriously?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 12:07 AM
    After countless years with Blackberry, I'm finally doing the one thing I thought I would NEVER do.....going to Apple (Iphone 4).

I've ordered an unlocked Iphone 4 from Rogers (I live in Canada) and I'll be retiring my Curve 8900.

I am looking forward to a smooth touchscreen interface, great web surfing, hundreds of thousands of apps and its great media capabilities.

My Curve 8900 was my dream BB for a couple of years.....but its slowed to a grind these days. Looking back, I was in denial about its terrible web browser and media capabilities....but no longer!
    Got my iPhone 4 on the launch date here in Toronto, Canada and I haven't been able to put it down. I to came from a BB device and I must say the difference is astounding. The iP4 is just hands down the best smartphone in the market today PERIOD.

The device is quite simply gorgeous, the design and build quality is second to none, nothing comes even close ! It feels like a serious piece of technology in the hand it has very nice weight and is just the right size.

The UI is just so easy and practical and the OS is lightning fast and don't get me started on the browser ! The best and fastest , PERIOD ! In fact Kevin from CB did a web browser shootout and guess who won ?!?!

Sorry BB and everyone else you guys are so far back it ain't funny, and I don't give a crap about the android nerd devices they suck !

You have made the RIGHT choice, the iP4 is the complete package.
    08-07-10 12:46 AM
    Mine is coming Wednesday.

I just can't hold out any longer with RIM. The 9800 is intriguing, but without a higher resolution display and a faster processor, it's not enough for me to resist the temptation of switching.

Looking forward to the iPhone4. I'm thinking it should keep me satisfied until LTE phones comes out.
    08-07-10 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD