07-15-10 08:35 AM
46 12
tools
    Didn't they already do this?
    No, not at first. Again, you didn't read what I wrote.

But don't ever come off as if it's "no big deal", or respond with some "JUST buy this, or JUST hold the phone this way", like it's some kind of "duh" moment, and we're stupid for not thinking we would have to hold a phone a certain way, or buy something else to help with the basic operation of the phone.
    07-14-10 05:06 PM
    I'm going to be honest with you Smith Apple is stubborn always have been their not gong to admit it's a hardware problem although we all know it is. There is no way the software update will fix this hardware issue. So long story short take it back or suck it up.
    07-14-10 05:07 PM
    I'm going to be honest with you Smith Apple is stubborn always have been their not gong to admit it's a hardware problem although we all know it is. There is no way the software update will fix this hardware issue. So long story short take it back or suck it up.
    Well, I'm free to comment, so "long story short", deal with it, or suck it up.
    07-14-10 05:12 PM
    No, not at first. Again, you didn't read what I wrote.
    I did read what you wrote. The Apple statement was released on July 2, which is about a week after the phone was released. Perhaps that isn't as soon as you would have liked, but Corporate America tends to be slow with admissions of anything bad, It took GM 10 years to admit they made crappy cars in the 80's. I mean, in the first couple of days, the causes could have been anything. It could have just been a bad batch of phones. It probably took a couple days for the whole thing to sink in. Then another couple days to consult with their engineers, public relations department, and lawyers.

Perhaps you wanted to hear something like, "We liked our new design, but we didn't recognize that the consequence of it would be really bad reception if you hold it a certain way. It's our bad and if you want, we'll give you a free bumper, otherwise feel free to return the phone." Something like that was never gonna come out of Apple, or any other major company for that matter.

Sure, Steve Jobs could have perhaps been more diplomatic, but hey, he's a human being, and maybe he's just not that kind of guy. The guy comes out and introduces his new baby, and people are raining on his parade. I'd be a bit bent out of shape too if I was him.
    07-14-10 05:18 PM
    If any one person with an iPhone is having the problem and is upset that Apple hasn't exactly said to just take the phone back, that person is stupid. Plain and simple. If one cannot seriously make that decision for themself, that person is stupid. I'm not going to defend people like that. There is hardly a principle involved here. If someone gets irked that they tell you to spend more money and buy a case, and they decide to throw a hissy fit, that's their problem.
    07-14-10 05:25 PM
    I did read what you wrote. The Apple statement was released on July 2, which is about a week after the phone was released. Perhaps that isn't as soon as you would have liked, but Corporate America tends to be slow with admissions of anything bad, It took GM 10 years to admit they made crappy cars in the 80's. I mean, in the first couple of days, the causes could have been anything. It could have just been a bad batch of phones. It probably took a couple days for the whole thing to sink in. Then another couple days to consult with their engineers, public relations department, and lawyers.

Perhaps you wanted to hear something like, "We liked our new design, but we didn't recognize that the consequence of it would be really bad reception if you hold it a certain way. It's our bad and if you want, we'll give you a free bumper, otherwise feel free to return the phone." Something like that was never gonna come out of Apple, or any other major company for that matter.

Sure, Steve Jobs could have perhaps been more diplomatic, but hey, he's a human being, and maybe he's just not that kind of guy. The guy comes out and introduces his new baby, and people are raining on his parade. I'd be a bit bent out of shape too if I was him.
    Lol...this is funny. First, most of the folks here say that this issue was known BEFORE the release. So, there was no surprise when the reception issue became...an issue. Apple knew...we know that.

I told you what I DIDN'T want to hear...which was more of an attitude problem. If he'd just said, "Take the phone back" ...and left it at that, I would have been okay with that. But I don't like the "Gee, it's not a big deal!" (primarily from the online community) response. That's just me, and that's just fine. I am not you, which means I may not think like you. But that doesn't make my position wrong, nor my thinking flawed.

Again...you have to read what I said, and not read "into" what I said, nor assume that I don't know how big business works. I'm 47 years old, and have worked since I was 15. I know how things work. So, it's best to ask for clarification, if my posts aren't clear.

Sometimes some folks here can be very condescending in the way they respond to others...and that's fine, even though it's suspect because it's not necessary. We all don't think alike, and that's what makes the world spin.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 07-14-10 at 05:37 PM.
    07-14-10 05:35 PM
    +5 I fully agree Meastro.
    07-14-10 05:37 PM
    Well, I'm free to comment, so "long story short", deal with it, or suck it up.
    Sorry if I offended you, just saying your complaining for something to happen that won't that's all.
    07-14-10 05:39 PM
    The funny thing about this thread is the only people who are actually having hissy fits are all the "tough guys" talking about sucking it up and moving on. Y'all are hilarious. Too funny. Lynn I see your point and respect your tone. I'm going back to real life now but y'all feel free to each take a shot at what I said with as much arrogance and masculinity as you can muster on your keyboards.
    07-14-10 05:46 PM
    Sorry if I offended you, just saying your complaining for something to happen that won't that's all.
    You didn't offend me, but I think you and others are a bit condescending and quick to the draw, when it comes to hittin' the "reply" button.

There's nothing to "prove" here. If someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't make them stupid.
    07-14-10 05:46 PM
    The funny thing about this thread is the only people who are actually having hissy fits are all the "tough guys" talking about sucking it up and moving on. Y'all are hilarious. Too funny. Lynn I see your point and respect your tone. I'm going back to real life now but y'all feel free to each take a shot at what I said with as much arrogance and masculinity as you can muster on your keyboards.
    Yeah...the testosterone gets real thick up in here. Thanks for considering my point of view.
    07-14-10 05:48 PM
    There's testosterone and there are feelings. Being upset at Apple's and Steve Jobs'
    "attitude" problem take the latter.
    07-14-10 05:50 PM
    Lol...this is funny. First, most of the folks here say that this issue was known BEFORE the release. So, there was no surprise when the reception issue became...an issue. Apple knew...we know that.
    Wow, that's like saying Toyota knew about the problems with their cars before they started selling them too. It begs the question "WHY?" Did Apple want to create a huge headache for themselves? Did they want extra BAD press? Did they want to test out how much crap their faithful could put up with? Maybe they just wanted to make an extra 30 bucks selling all those bumpers.

Corporations are about money, and releasing something with problems costs money. They're not going to purposefully release anything that could potentially cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

I love a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but really, most of them are just nonsense.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 07-14-10 at 05:55 PM.
    07-14-10 05:51 PM
    You didn't offend me, but I think you and others are a bit condescending and quick to the draw, when it comes to hittin' the "reply" button.

There's nothing to "prove" here. If someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't make them stupid.
    I never Once called you stupid. And I never will that's childish. My whole point was from the beginning you didn't like how Apple handled this. And my point was hey Apple has always been stubborn and arrogant. I don't believe this one situation will change their tone either. So in conclusion why not boycott their products that's all I was getting at.
    07-14-10 05:51 PM
    There's testosterone and there are feelings. Being upset at Apple's and Steve Jobs'
    "attitude" problem take the latter.
    Regardless, you have a funky attitude and you need to relax. Not sure of the origins, but I get the impression that you think this really is "The Wild West". Okay, Clint. You get out of control, and need to be "pulled back" into reality. Your opinions are yours. Folks who don't agree with you aren't stupid.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 07-14-10 at 05:56 PM.
    07-14-10 05:52 PM
    Hook, line, and sinker.
    07-14-10 05:57 PM
    It's foolish to really dislike like or be upset with something but still keep it. Whatever the reasons may be, it's still foolish. This is the reason why Apple has to do nothing. Because there are people that will sit around a complain on discussion boards but not do anything by showing Apple this is unacceptable. As long as you don't give it back, you are considered to be "happy with your purchase".
    07-14-10 06:05 PM
    Because I don't want to. Why do you care so much?
    You know what, you're right. No sense in me going back and forth with someone loves and complains about the same thing. I can go to my wife for that.
    07-14-10 06:07 PM
    It's foolish to really dislike like or be upset with something but still keep it. Whatever the reasons may be, it's still foolish. This is the reason why Apple has to do nothing. Because there are people that will sit around a complain on discussion boards but not do anything by showing Apple this is unacceptable. As long as you don't give it back, you are considered to be "happy with your purchase".
    Yeah it is. Too bad I don't dislike the phone.
    07-14-10 06:08 PM
    You know what, you're right. No sense in me going back and forth with someone loves and complains about the same thing. I can go to my wife for that.
    Yeah, well git to gittin'.
    Cuz you're not obligated to read nor reply to what I write, if it annoys you.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 07-14-10 at 06:11 PM.
    07-14-10 06:09 PM
    closed..........
    07-15-10 08:35 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD