I like my iPhone but I hate iTunes. It was a royal pain to update the iOS from 4.x to 5. The computer I used to set up my iPhone was long gone (hard drive died) and iTunes complained. I ended up having to re-import all my music since almost none of it survived the update. (I buy very few tunes on iTunes so they were the only ones I could re-download from the iCloud).

Those who are familiar with iOS5 -- will my 8 gigs of music (not purchased from iTunes) be automagically backed up to iCloud? I'm not interested in purchasing any extra storage
    from Apple.
    You have to buy itunes cloud servive for that, its $25 a year and then import your music library into itunes. It"ll still be drm free and you can still import those files where ever you want. You could also just import your files to itunes and sync to your iphone without paying the $25, you just won't get cloud support.
    Last edited by fernandez21; 02-13-12 at 03:23 AM.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    02-13-12 01:29 AM
    You have to buy itunes cloud servive for that, its $25 a year and then import your music library into itunes. It"ll still be drm and you can still import those files where you want. You could also just import your files to itunes and sync to your iphone without paying the $25, you just won't get cloud support.
    But then I can only sync with one computer, correct?
    02-13-12 01:53 AM
    For some reason, my work emails show up on my iPhone4 often up to 10 minutes after they appear on my desktop. My mail is on an Exchange server accessed by ActiveSync on the iPhone. Gmail is usually instant.
    I could be wrong but I think exchange is not enough, your email provider needs to support imap idle, pop3 and imap is not instant even on a blackberry, imap idle is(without exchange)
    02-13-12 02:50 AM
    But then I can only sync with one computer, correct?
    correct. There is a way around it, you have to copy some library files and copy them over to the second computer so when the iPhone syncs up it "thinks" its hooked up to the original computer.
    02-13-12 03:21 AM
    correct. There is a way around it, you have to copy some library files and copy them over to the second computer so when the iPhone syncs up it "thinks" its hooked up to the original computer.
    That or use copytrans and never worry about it again.
    02-13-12 06:52 AM
    I'll leave this here... http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Enjoy your new smartphone!
    02-13-12 06:55 AM
    A small one, but I domt think it was mentioned:

Check Live Profile as a BBM replacment that works on iPhone, BlackBerry and Android. My parents (and most of my family and friends) use iPhones and we all use Live Profile.

Enjoy the device, it's awesome! Check back sometime and tell us how you like it. Or don't like it...
    02-13-12 06:57 AM

5. How can my Podcasts be synced to my iPhone? My guess would be 3G, WIFI, USB sync, and WIFI sync. If I do not desire to sync via WIFI, and 3G, will I be able to sync to my Macbook via WIFI & USB cable sync? On the Blackberry Podcasts take FOREVER to download via 3G, so my guess would be the same on the iPhone.

iTunes is the easiest way to do this. Subscribe in iTunes and they'll download automatically. Set the iPhone to sync to iTunes over wifi and when you get on your network (while charging) it'll sync for you. There are plenty of third party apps that you can use on the phone if you choose not to use iTunes.

6. What app do I need to Facetime over 3G?

jailbreak and use 3G activator

7. How can I copy my ringtones from my Blackberry to my iphone? As I understand I cant access the iPhone as a drive in the finer like I can with my Blackberry so this may be a problematic solution.

either iTunes or a ringtone app

8. When I sync with Mail does it automatically sync all my E-mail accounts or can I configure mail to skip some of my email accounts that I do not want to be seen on my iPhone?

You get to choose, in iTunes, which accounts to sync. I personally set mine up on the phone itself and don't use iTunes to sync mail at all.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-13-12 at 07:42 AM.
    02-13-12 07:37 AM
    I have enjoyed the BB, but since Sprint got the iPhone I am changing. There are 50 x more apps for the iPhone, the web browser is 50 x faster, and the iPhone is overall a more capable phone. I may miss BB Maps, and BB Traffic, but I can get just as capable apps for the iPhone. BB Messenger is worthless to me, since everyone I know has moved from the BB to a iPhone. Its my turn soon.
    50x apps YES

50x faster browser, if you got the 9930, you'd see the browser speed between the Sprint iPhone, and the Sprint 9930 are near identical, with the slowdown of sprints network, the compression RIM has actually removes that half-1 second slow down between an AT&T 9900 vs an iPhone. you're comparing speeds of a phone that retails at 1/3rd the cost of the iPhone and painting all BlackBerry's with that brush

as for overall more capable phone, that is a opinion piece, that can start a massive debate, it is completely dependent on what capabilities one is looking for.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-13-12 08:03 AM
    I could be wrong but I think exchange is not enough, your email provider needs to support imap idle, pop3 and imap is not instant even on a blackberry, imap idle is(without exchange)
    Gmail and yahoo BOTH allow setup thru exchange pretty sure hotmail does too and yes it's instant push

http://www.imore.com/2011/02/16/begi...e-push-emails/
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 02-13-12 at 09:55 AM.
    02-13-12 09:52 AM
    Gmail and yahoo BOTH allow setup thru exchange pretty sure hotmail does too and yes it's instant push

http://www.imore.com/2011/02/16/begi...e-push-emails/
    The guy was talking about his work hosted account, he stated gmail was instant but his work email account wasn't even though it's exchange.
    02-13-12 10:27 AM
    This thread should be moved to the iphone forum.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-13-12 11:31 AM
    This thread should be moved to the iphone forum.
    I fully agree.
    02-13-12 11:34 AM
    The guy was talking about his work hosted account, he stated gmail was instant but his work email account wasn't even though it's exchange.
    Ohhhh hahaha my bad - never comment when one first wakes up lol and that sounds like a host problem not an exchange or the iOS device cuz it should push
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    02-13-12 01:03 PM
    I fully agree.
    Agreed as well.
    02-13-12 01:06 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD