I've owned my iPhone for quite a while, almost two years, and I recently bought a BlackBerry 9000 just to check out what the addiction was all about. The iPhone is so much more fluid than the BlackBerry.
    Lol I would hope it was more fluid than a 9000!

I have owned both... Liked both, and went back to BB. I can be a 2 device type of guy, so I am awaiting the iPhone 5 to see what its all about. Maybe a companion to my future Dakota.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 11:41 PM
    It has been almost one week and I am loving it!!! The texting is so much easier than I thought it would be. BB is still easier, but I should not be texting while driving anyway and that is really the only time it makes a difference. I do miss knowing when my messages are received and if and when they are read, but what can you do.

I downloaded a free ringtone maker so now I can have all the ringtones I want.

I tested my battery yesterday by not recharging it all day while I was at work (from 6:30 am to 11 pm - wasn't at work all that time but that is how long i went without charging). Battery was at 26 % - not bad - however, very light usage since I was in the office most of that time using my computer. Still, not bad.

Also, phone itself is very good. not as good as bb (which is an amazing phone), but I am not dropping many calls (I must admit I have dropped 2 or 3) and call quality is great. Also, since I was on ATT before and am on it now, the problem is clearly the phone and not ATT. It will be interesting to see what happens on verizon.

I am also loving my Klipsch iphone dock that I use at work. Sounds really good and only $119.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and comments.
    01-22-11 07:47 AM
    I'm glad you are enjoying your iPhone. It is an awesome phone! I hoping that the new iPhone 5 will have an led blinky light for notifications.

My only issues with the iPhone, is that I occasionally mute people that I talk with. To date, I have not dropped a single call.

Do you see yourself returning to blackberry anytime soon? And... Do you think of the iPhone as a toy, after coming from a blackberry?
    01-22-11 05:46 PM
    TiPb: The #1 iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch blog will have a lot of info for you in the forums there. Also any mp3 you have you can convert to a ring tone. Just snip it to less than 45 seconds and convert to ACC in itunes. Then manually change file extension to .m4r and drag and drop into itunes. Very simple after the first time you do it and you can create as many as you like. (I've been doing a lot of research regarding jumping to the Verizon iPhone) hope that helps...

Things I have noticed so far:
    1 I don't think I can set it to automatically turn on and off. I really liked that feature in my bb - really helps save battery to have it turn off at midnight and turn back on at 7 am.
    2 I don't think I can use my mp3s for ringtones. I have to use one of the ones that are provided - which are lame - or buy one.
    3 Definitely a lot bigger and heavier than the bb - however - much smaller than the androids and at least I can read it!!
    4 I have a slim case that protects the back and sides but not the face. I will get a screen protector, but I am nervous about it breaking or getting scratched.

Those are the negatives, but I am still loving it!
    01-22-11 06:49 PM
    I just got mine and love it to death. My Tmo contract has been uP for a bit, and after 6 BBs I was going to switch to AT&T to get the iPhone 4 but just decided to wait so I can try out VZWs network. So I bought a beautiful white 32gb 3gs off Craigslist to just play with and try out before I jump ship next month and am so happy. I had so many problems with my S2 and compared to it, this phone is SUCH a joy, it's so much fun. I got rid of my other BBs but kept my old 9000 (that baby has been so good to me), and I don't think I'll be going back to RIM. Of course it may just be the 'new toy' syndrome, but we'll see. I'm sure I will be starting a lot of 'How do I...' threads in the next couple of days, so my apologies ahead of time! RIM, you should have stepped up your game.

01-22-11 08:09 PM
    i left blackberry awhile back and never went back to one!! yes the iphone 4 is alot nicer and more fun than a blackberry!! but android came out and i left the iphone! but i might get the iphone on verizons network!!
    01-22-11 09:31 PM
    After 5+ years with BB, I decided to get an i4 last summer. I thought I would like the Torch, so I sold my i4 and bought one. Six weeks later, I went to the AT&T store and bought another i4. Had to have it back.
    01-22-11 09:45 PM
    The iPhone 4 is a very good out of the box experience. The first time I typed something on it, It picked up everything I threw at it.
    01-22-11 09:52 PM
    After 5+ years with BB, I decided to get an i4 last summer. I thought I would like the Torch, so I sold my i4 and bought one. Six weeks later, I went to the AT&T store and bought another i4. Had to have it back.
    I was actually a little shocked when I saw you leave. But had a feeling you would be back.
    01-22-11 10:40 PM
    I was actually a little shocked when I saw you leave. But had a feeling you would be back.
    Well, I had to try, OS6 was hyped beyond belief. The 9800 is a sold device, just not up to par with an i4.
    01-22-11 11:54 PM
    I went from my bold 9700 to a second hand 3GS and can't wait till the new iPhone is released so I can upgrade. I will never go back to a blackberry unless major changes take place. The iPhone just does everything. BB experience just seems so out dated. I was expecting more from os6.

01-23-11 02:06 AM
    I'm glad you are enjoying your iPhone. It is an awesome phone! I hoping that the new iPhone 5 will have an led blinky light for notifications.

My only issues with the iPhone, is that I occasionally mute people that I talk with. To date, I have not dropped a single call.

Do you see yourself returning to blackberry anytime soon? And... Do you think of the iPhone as a toy, after coming from a blackberry?
    When I first ordered the phone, my thought was that I would return to bb next year when the next gen of phones came out, but now I am thinking the iphone is going to be really hard to beat, especially when iphone 5 comes out. What I am loving is that it is a toy and an enterprise phone. One reason I did not get the iphone years ago was because I could not get my corporate email on it and now I can. It is so much easier to read emails and attachments on this phone. I also have logmein so I have access to my entire desktop which is great (logmein is better on the ipad, which I have too). I bought the iphone for myself and my two partners and set them all up in about 20 minutes total.
    01-23-11 07:15 AM
    Hey guys,

I don't post very much. Just a lurker really. I'm going Iphone when the new Iphone 5 comes out. I've had it with blackberry. Tired of battery pulls, slow and laggy system. Can't even play my music properly. Overall I'm just bored.
    01-23-11 08:16 AM
    Hey guys,

I don't post very much. Just a lurker really. I'm going Iphone when the new Iphone 5 comes out. I've had it with blackberry. Tired of battery pulls, slow and laggy system. Can't even play my music properly. Overall I'm just bored.
    Playing music improperly: that's a new one to me. Care to elaborate? Thanks in advance.
    01-23-11 01:22 PM
    I finally got my iPhone 4 a few days ago, mind you I've been the biggest blackberry fanboy over the years. But in all honesty I don't miss it like I thought I would. I even questioned myself why I never did this sooner. I even hate to admit it.
    01-23-11 06:50 PM
    I finally got my iPhone 4 a few days ago, mind you I've been the biggest blackberry fanboy over the years. But in all honesty I don't miss it like I thought I would. I even questioned myself why I never did this sooner. I even hate to admit it.
    I think this went for a lot of us. I remember reasons I used to defend my BB retention: Phone first, email second, fun third, were my reasons. I don't know what triggered a switch, but it became: I knew most smart phones could be a decent enough phones, email machines, but not enough in terms of the customization arena. So it went: hackery, phone, email, then fun.
    01-23-11 10:17 PM
    I am literally counting down the days and hours till I can get rid of my S2 for an iphone 4. The S2 has to be the most poorly designed smart phone.
    01-23-11 10:24 PM
    I am thinking of switching from cellular south bb tour to att iphone 4. I am just tired of caring around two devices. bb is my phone and texts, ipod touch is my books, music, and games. With that being said, what is att upgrade policy? do you have to wait a certain? pay a higher price?
    01-24-11 08:29 AM
    AT&T has a 2 year contract but you can upgrade in 18 months. If you have been with them for a long time, you can upgrade after 1 year.

01-24-11 10:38 AM
    AT&T has a 2 year contract but you can upgrade in 18 months. If you have been with them for a long time, you can upgrade after 1 year.

+1 for you, warriorwoman! As a long time AT&T user, they let me upgrade after a year + one day. Best move i've ever made. The iPhone4 is just so superior to the Bold, and much faster than OS6.
    SandAngel likes this.
    01-24-11 11:02 AM
    so now the question is get iphone 4 now and wait 18 months to upgrade for iphone5 or 6 by then....or just wait until june/july and start out with iphone 5
    01-24-11 01:30 PM
    Wait until June, no doubt.
    01-24-11 01:34 PM
    I made the plunge 2 weeks ago after being a bb owner for 4-5 years. I have looked back only because I still have my bb with verizon for work, lol. But in one week it will be just my iPhone4 and me... And I love it. Awesome phone!
    01-26-11 09:46 AM
    Thought about the i4 but since i am still with At&t i am going to give that Moto Atrix a try .... It was wild ride 9700 , you will be missed
    01-26-11 10:34 AM
    Playing music improperly: that's a new one to me. Care to elaborate? Thanks in advance.
    When I go into my music and go to all songs and press play, it says "problem while launching playlist. Please try again later"

Then it won't even save most of my songs. Second, it will say turn off mass storage, so that means I turn it off, pull the battery for it to take the change. It's a headache. I never had any problems playing music on my Ipod touch.
    01-27-11 08:37 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD