After years of being a bb owner, I have finally decided to make the switch to the iphone 4. I ordered online and it will be in hand on Monday. Since I have been an ATT customer for so long, they let me upgrade after 10 1/2 months of getting my last phone (9700) and let me sign up for unlimited data.
    01-13-11 03:09 PM
    As soon as you fire up that iPhone4, you will know the power of the Darkside! I got mine in Dec., and i've never looked back.
    01-13-11 04:54 PM
    After years of being a bb owner, I have finally decided to make the switch to the iphone 4. I ordered online and it will be in hand on Monday. Since I have been an ATT customer for so long, they let me upgrade after 10 1/2 months of getting my last phone (9700) and let me sign up for unlimited data.
    I'm with you. RIM has fallen too far behind. I had too many Storms in my life. Time to complete the iPod Touch, iPad Trillogy! iPhone 4 is next. (on Verizon)
    01-14-11 06:13 AM
    I'm with you. RIM has fallen too far behind. I had too many Storms in my life. Time to complete the iPod Touch, iPad Trillogy! iPhone 4 is next. (on Verizon)
    Me too . . . looking forward to the iPhone !
    01-14-11 07:07 AM
    Let us know how you like it compared to BlackBerry. I'll be joining you soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 07:13 AM
    Cool stuff, congrats!
    01-14-11 07:24 AM
    I'll be joining you guys on the Verizon Network. I enjoy my Blackberry but need the better capability(ies) of the iPhone.

DJ
    01-14-11 07:35 AM
    I will be joining as well...Had the OG Storm and what a piece of crap that was, it was my first smartphone and let's just say, it left a bad impression with me and I don't think I will buy another BB in my lifetime...I have a Droid Inc., and although I really love it, I've always wanted an iPhone deep down inside, and now that it's available on VZW, I will be buying one on day one...
    01-14-11 07:54 AM
    I'm going to be bummed without the blinking LED and the physical keyboard...not to mention BBM. It has to be done, though. With yesterdays news of 3 new blackberry phones and not one for Verizon...the wait is over. Its iPhone time!

01-14-11 02:25 PM
    I think we should start planning a funeral for RIM lol with the iPhone on the two largest networks, and I'm sure sooner or later it'll be available to all of them eventually, I think the only company keeping RIM in business was VZW... that's all gonna change feb 3rd/10th
    01-14-11 02:32 PM
    Ohhhhhhhhhh and welcome to the dark side
    01-14-11 02:33 PM
    Honestly if VZW had a torch or the dakota on their network I'd keep the bb. Who's crappy decision was it to give it to someone else?

01-14-11 02:36 PM
    Same here, I've only had the 9700 for a few days but tbh its nothing like I expected. Its for hardcore business or texting ppl. I'm gunaa switch to iphone 4 or 3gs.

01-14-11 02:42 PM
    It really hurt to get rid of my BB Bold, but the iPhone 4 certainly eases the pain.

OP, glad you were able to get unlimited data.
    01-16-11 02:26 AM
    Going Android or Verizon iPhone. My NE2 was up in November and was hoping RIM would have something for me. Sorry, Mike L but Fall 2011 is too late. Been with RIM since 2001 but it is time to say goodbye.

01-16-11 02:38 AM
    iphone should arrive tomorrow! I will definitely miss my physical keyboard and bbm and I am still nervous how the phone itself will be, but my decision was solidified when I read the BGR about the 3 new RIM phones. They are definitely an improvement over the current phones, but do not seem a match for what else is out there. Plus, I don't get having a touch screen on a phone the size of the 9700. One of my issues with my 9700 is that now that I need reading glasses the screen is too small.
    In advance of my iphone's arrival I have bought a case and a Klipsch speaker dock for my office that seems to sound pretty good so I can have the phone charge while at work so I don't have to worry about the battery running down.
    01-16-11 07:40 AM
    I will also be joining you soon. I'm just not sure if I'm going to switch to the iphone in february or wait and get the iphone 5 this summer when my contract is up. Either way, I'm done with blackberrys I think. I was super excited for my tour when I got it, upgraded to the bold (during tourgate this past summer), and now I can't handle it anymore. Drives me crazy on a daily basis. Step it up rim! You're losing us!

01-16-11 10:44 PM
    iphone should arrive tomorrow! I will definitely miss my physical keyboard and bbm and I am still nervous how the phone itself will be, but my decision was solidified when I read the BGR about the 3 new RIM phones. They are definitely an improvement over the current phones, but do not seem a match for what else is out there. Plus, I don't get having a touch screen on a phone the size of the 9700. One of my issues with my 9700 is that now that I need reading glasses the screen is too small.
    In advance of my iphone's arrival I have bought a case and a Klipsch speaker dock for my office that seems to sound pretty good so I can have the phone charge while at work so I don't have to worry about the battery running down.
    the i4 has a killer battery in it, you can get a through a full day easily with moderate usage... please let us know how you like or love it lol
    01-17-11 12:13 PM
    iPhone 4 arrived today and I have it all set up, including my corporate work email I just started using it, but so far so good! I have not made any phone calls yet and will update when i do.

01-17-11 08:31 PM
    Things I have noticed so far:
    1 I don't think I can set it to automatically turn on and off. I really liked that feature in my bb - really helps save battery to have it turn off at midnight and turn back on at 7 am.
    2 I don't think I can use my mp3s for ringtones. I have to use one of the ones that are provided - which are lame - or buy one.
    3 Definitely a lot bigger and heavier than the bb - however - much smaller than the androids and at least I can read it!!
    4 I have a slim case that protects the back and sides but not the face. I will get a screen protector, but I am nervous about it breaking or getting scratched.

Those are the negatives, but I am still loving it!
    01-18-11 07:36 AM
    Warriorwoman....congrats on the switch.

1.) The iPhone does not have automatic on/off, but if you just lock the phone when you go to bed, generally, there will not be a lot of battery loss.
    2.) You can import the mp3 into iTunes, but will have to convert it to a ringtone, which will cost you $0.99....unless you use a free site like Audacity to make the ringtone. Quite cumbersome at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's quite simple. It will also allow you to convert your iTunes songs to ringtones for free as well.
    4.) Ghost Armor or Invisishield.
    01-18-11 08:03 AM
    Things I have noticed so far:

2 I don't think I can use my mp3s for ringtones. I have to use one of the ones that are provided - which are lame - or buy one.
    You don't have to buy ringtones. There are some free ringtone makers, and if you know how to edit mp3 files to m4a/m4r, you can make custom ringtones in iTunes. The ringtone must be no larger than 30 Seconds.
    Last edited by h8VZW; 01-18-11 at 12:20 PM.
    01-18-11 12:14 PM
    Once you have the iPhone 4, BB just feels like a old RAZR. Welcome to the darkside
    01-18-11 12:14 PM
    I've owned my iPhone for quite a while, almost two years, and I recently bought a BlackBerry 9000 just to check out what the addiction was all about. The iPhone is so much more fluid than the BlackBerry.
    01-18-11 06:13 PM
    I've owned my iPhone for quite a while, almost two years, and I recently bought a BlackBerry 9000 just to check out what the addiction was all about. The iPhone is so much more fluid than the BlackBerry.
    The addiction comes from the fact, that Blackberry dominated the smartphones a few years ago having the best/fastest/most efficient phones in the entire world. And the BB fans are people cringing to their BB-s it like Moses to the stone tablet from God.

And expect criticism, skepticism and denial coming from them at every topic here, since crackberry.com is like the biggest stronghold of BB users.

To use another metaphor: Talking about other phones being good beside the BB's on crackbery.com, is like you are in Hitlers' bunker at the end of WWII and you are trying to tell them, that president Roosevelt isn't a bad alternative.
    01-18-11 11:05 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD