Well I've been the most hardcore blackberry user I've ever met. But finally went to a iPhone 4. Love it.

Gotta say the thing that pushed me over the edge was the fact I went from torch back to my trusty 9700. Then realized the best bb was from November 2009.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 01:10 AM
    Well I've been the most hardcore blackberry user I've ever met. But finally went to a iPhone 4. Love it.

Gotta say the thing that pushed me over the edge was the fact I went from torch back to my trusty 9700. Then realized the best bb was from November 2009.

Sorry, but this post made me laugh. Great way to sum it all up in a few sentences.
    01-29-11 01:42 AM
    Put it this way, I was a MOD on CrackBerry.com, yep, my ID\Username is legend.

But, alas, iPhone all the way!
    01-29-11 08:59 AM
    My first BB was when the Storm launched on VZW: I went through the pain battery pulls, freezing screens, and random shut offs. I went through software push after software push .. to have a pretty ok working phone. Eventually Mother Verizon was kind anough (after countless trips to the service counter and 5 returned Storms) to upgrade me to the Storm 2. So I got my Storm 2 and it has had some rough spots, but overall I love it! So when I saw the commercials for BB6 and got super excited about it and then then found out RIM was leaving me in and other Storm users in the cold ... as the Storm 1 and 2 users will not get BB 6 and on top of that THERE WILL NOT be a new Storm coming out. I was a little disappointed to say the least .

My next hope was the Iphone 4 on VZW and alas my wish came true.. I plan on ordering my Iphone 4 ASAP. I love my storm and plan on keeping it as a back up but I'm not happy with the blackberry's that offered by VZW and feel that my Storm is being left in the dust of the new smartphones of the future. So since I have literally weathered the Storm .. I have decided I will l be taking a trip over to the darkside ..
    01-29-11 10:23 AM
    Put it this way, I was a MOD on CrackBerry.com, yep, my ID\Username is legend.

But, alas, iPhone all the way!
    That makes five of us mods/ex-mods that have switched from BlackBerry.

Hopefully BlackBerry will come out with some great devices in 2013!

01-29-11 04:51 PM
    Folks who have joined the dark side: I was holding out b/c of push email and b/c I have Verizon. But I have an outlook web access account for work via BIS. I need my email fast b/c I am out of the office a lot. Sometimes it is fast & sometimes there is a 15 minute delay.

Can I get it at least as fast on an iphone 4? If I have the iphone on push, how much battery life will I lose? Is it just a matter of getting a car charger to keep it topped off during the day?

Will I be ever be able to type as fast? (If I can't text in the car that is a good thing).

I will be able to view PDFs & view & edit docs, right?

Anything else I should be concerned about? (I don't BBM)

Thanks for your thoughts.

01-29-11 06:03 PM
    That makes five of us mods/ex-mods that have switched from BlackBerry.

Hopefully BlackBerry will come out with some great devices in 2013!

It would take until late 2012 or early 2013, (based on the leaked CDMA device roadmap I saw this week), until I'd be tempted.

I see them narrowing the gap, but slowly.
    01-29-11 09:04 PM
    The problem with RIM narrowing the gap with Apple... is that we are comparing RIM's expected phones to current Apple offerings. Apple will continue to evolve.
    01-29-11 09:44 PM
    Folks who have joined the dark side: I was holding out b/c of push email and b/c I have Verizon. But I have an outlook web access account for work via BIS. I need my email fast b/c I am out of the office a lot. Sometimes it is fast & sometimes there is a 15 minute delay.

Can I get it at least as fast on an iphone 4? If I have the iphone on push, how much battery life will I lose? Is it just a matter of getting a car charger to keep it topped off during the day?
    Not sure what's the false rumors are spreading again. I'm going through with over 60% of my battery remaining at evenings, with 2 emails pushed by exchange and listening to music on it and time to time mess around with the apps.

Will I be ever be able to type as fast? (If I can't text in the car that is a good thing).
    An example not to be followed of me sometimes I text with my iphone in my car. Short ones though. My brother just showed me his work, stuck at work from the snow the other week, he typed out a bunch of pages of text for his college study. If he can do it - and this is his first smartphone- first touch screen-first phone with a keyboard - then everyone can do it.
    I will be able to view PDFs & view & edit docs, right?
    Yes. And with the right app (either free or better ones costing 99 cents), you can even transfer them wirelessly to your computer over wifi. I would say, there are so many pdf and other format viewers converters, uploaders, downloaders etc.., that I spent like 15 minutes trying to choose one over the other. I usually go by user review scores for the best one.

Don't take my word for it:
    iPhone Apps - PDF Reader Pro | Apptism
    iPhone Productivity App Reviews Sorted by Editor's Rating | Macworld
    Anything else I should be concerned about? (I don't BBM)
    No flashing red light.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 01-29-11 at 11:24 PM.
    01-29-11 11:15 PM
    Went and bought an Iphone 4, played with it for about 7 hours, and returned it.

Here is what I found with most Androids, Palm's OS, and iOS: they just aren't too efficent for me. I love push email for all my accounts. Security is second to none as I have encryption enabled. Also, I can do everything much faster on the BB Platform than any other. Battery life is also extremely good on BB so I expect at least two days with moderate use.

Just my fity cents.

01-30-11 11:33 AM

That's the problem right there. 7 whole hours?
    01-30-11 01:37 PM
    That's the problem right there. 7 whole hours?
    Agreed. It's called attention deficit disorder. Sheesh!?
    01-30-11 02:47 PM
    I think the norm would be three at most. If one is obsessive compulsive, I think seven hours would seem the norm, IMO
    01-30-11 03:36 PM
    Count me in for an iPhone come March! Over the last year and a half I've had a Tour and now a Storm 2....I've tried official OS upgrades and even hybrids to make my BB experience more enjoyable, "cooler" - but to no avail. Blackberry is just plain boring, not to mention slow.

I demand more from my smartphone, so bye-bye RIM...
    01-30-11 07:06 PM

Here is what I found with most Androids, Palm's OS, and iOS: they just aren't too efficent for me. I love push email for all my accounts. Security is second to none as I have encryption enabled. Also, I can do everything much faster on the BB Platform than any other. Battery life is also extremely good on BB so I expect at least two days with moderate use.

Just my fity cents.

iPhone's not for everybody, plain and simple. I know a guy who still swears by his old Palm Treo and trolls eBay looking for spares in case he loses or breaks the ones he has. I even have a friend who thinks Windows and Mac are garbage, he still thinks he works faster with a DOS prompt.
    02-02-11 05:42 PM

Just my fity cents.

You do realize that iOS, Android and I believe WebOS all do push e-mail right? They all have security measures in place as well, at least iOS does. iOS on i4 is the king of battery life and is on par with many popular BB's, my fifty cents tells me either you didn't ever get your hands on an i4 or that 7 hours was more like 7 minutes. Who tries a phone out for 7 hours anyways....
    02-02-11 06:29 PM
    Personally I think that many who bash iPhones have really never tried one, whether reluctance to leave the platform they're already on or preconceived notions about Apple Inc. I don't see how anyone who has tried one, especially an i4 could not like it. What's not to like? I've had MANY different brands. models and makes of smartphones, and this is the smoothest, fastest, easiest to operate, and most enjoyable device I've owned.
    02-02-11 07:44 PM
    I think the iphone 4 is a good device. I can see preferring a different type of smart phone or OS but I think it's silly to suggest the iphone 4 isn't a good smart phone.
    02-02-11 07:49 PM
    haha I4's are on ebay right now for 700-1200 bucks(crazy).... 6hrs to go woooooohooooo
    02-02-11 08:07 PM
    haha I4's are on ebay right now for 700-1200 bucks(crazy).... 6hrs to go woooooohooooo
    Why would anyone pay $1,200.00 for an iPhone 4?
    02-02-11 10:37 PM

Just my fity cents.

Quick Tip: you should read up on the products, before you try to talk about them
    02-02-11 11:13 PM
    It's official. Pre-order complete. Now just waiting to see how steep my learning curve will be. I hope I adjust & I like it.

My poor Blackberry.

02-03-11 02:52 AM
    I just pre ordered my 32g Iphone from VZW.... comming from BB for the past 3 years. ( storm ,tour, and bold) I am looking forward to this new adventure... Just tired of the BB. Wanna change !
    02-03-11 05:18 AM
    I am coming over to the darkside. I pre-ordered at 2:50 am on vzw's website. I'm coming from Android, and although I really like the platform, it still has some work to go. I only played with the iP4 for about 10 mins at the apple store last weekend and I was sold. I love everything about it. It's extremely fast, games play awesome, the app store is great of course, and the screen is gorgeous, no other screen compares! Can't wait to get my hands on the iP4!
    02-03-11 07:53 AM
    Let us know how you like it. I like reading iPhone/ BlackBerry / Android comparisons!

02-03-11 08:36 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD