I'm going to get my first iPhone next month as soon as my contract expires and I'm ready for an upgrade. How do I get my media (pics and music), emails, and texts onto the iPhone?

I've looked around a little, but I'm still foggy. If anyone has the time to get me going, please know that I know nothing about the iPhone, so if you use words that are exclusive to iPhone apps, programs, or whatever, I won't know what you're talking about.

Thank you.
    01-09-12 11:42 AM
    well g'luck getting all you music on the iPhone. If it's not all legit, you'll lose it
    01-09-12 11:55 AM
    Its legit, but the music is really only a small part of everything. I have scads of pictures, that's the main thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-12 12:16 PM
    well g'luck getting all you music on the iPhone. If it's not all legit, you'll lose it
    that's not true, i have tons of songs loaded into my itunes that i had on my old berry.
    with pictures you need to create a folder and name it iphone, copy all of your pictures to that folder from your berry's media card. then once hooked up to your iphone click on the device to the left and you should have a list in the center of itunes to link your photos to.
    01-09-12 12:25 PM
    Well that's completely innacurate! Are you saying that iTunes will delete music that was stolen? You couldn't be more wrong. Do a little research before spouting off.
    fu53d and Cool Breeze like this.
    01-09-12 01:49 PM
    Another statement of ignorance. Dada please at least use google. Smh
    01-09-12 06:47 PM
    I don't know why that comment was made anyway. It didn't have anything to do with my question.

01-09-12 07:06 PM
    I don't know why that comment was made anyway. It didn't have anything to do with my question.

its just another berry user upset that there is an iphone subforum and that iphone users still come to crackberry for help and advice.....
    01-09-12 07:12 PM
    sooooo lets sees.. crackBERRY... not crackiphone... theres a website forum for all things iPhone take this ish somewhere else... please
    01-09-12 07:16 PM
    sooooo lets sees.. crackBERRY... not crackiphone... theres a website forum for all things iPhone take this ish somewhere else... please
    Nope. But nice try though....
    01-09-12 07:54 PM
    I'm going to get my first iPhone next month as soon as my contract expires and I'm ready for an upgrade. How do I get my media (pics and music), emails, and texts onto the iPhone?

I've looked around a little, but I'm still foggy. If anyone has the time to get me going, please know that I know nothing about the iPhone, so if you use words that are exclusive to iPhone apps, programs, or whatever, I won't know what you're talking about.

Thank you.
    Music and photos are handled by iTunes. Drag your music into iTunes and you're good to go. Point iTunes to a folder of photos and it'll sync those too.

Email. If your email is set up on your pc then you can also use iTunes to sync the account to your phone. Or you can set it up on your phone yourself. Every email system works, POP, IMAP, exchange and gmail (with exchange active sync for contacts and calendar). Also the iCloud does email cal/contacts photos music etc.

Exchange activesync, Gmail Exchange, Gmail IMAP and iCloud are all push mail systems, and for me faster than RIM email.

There are a lot of ways to accomplish your goal except for text messages. I personally thought that I tunes could see a blackberry and transfer that stuff over but someone said that doesn't work anymore. I'm certain it used too.

Here is a great article for email calendar and contacts. It's old but it works. It also has links to more articles for music photos etc.

http://www.imore.com/2008/07/07/swit...e-wait-a-thon/

And an article that's slightly more specific to blackberry switchers

http://www.imore.com/2010/06/25/swit...erry-iphone-4/
    Last edited by xandermac; 01-09-12 at 08:23 PM.
    01-09-12 08:01 PM
    THANK YOU so much!

01-09-12 10:07 PM
    I hated I had to ditch my berry. (6 urs plus! ) but truth be told rim is messing up bad. And what I pay at Verizon I had to do something. iPhone is okay. But bb and android do much more user friendly. Let alone apple has to know everything about you! Only beef I have. And iTunes! Plus no ringtones! Or alerts. Well it's a pain in to get or cost out to do. Let your phone go off in public and you'll see the herds if iPhone users look around. We all sound alike. Ya! Other then no ringtones , cant just lit songs on device , and I'm still trying to send attachments on email. The phone is way faster then a bb. Picture wise and Internet. User friendly it sucks. FYI no indicator light. Do chech your phone if your s heavy user. Couse it'll stay black screen!
    01-09-12 10:19 PM
    ^^ there are ways to get custom ringtones onto your phone.
    01-10-12 05:50 PM
    Fund, what is not user friendly about the iPhone?

I do hope it has email & text alerts. Those are important to me for my work & also for my kids.

Although in thinking about it, all 3 of my daughters have iPhones & I know they have special ringtones & other sounds & stuff for notifications.

01-10-12 06:01 PM
    Go to zedge.net. Set you phone selection as iphone4 and all the ringtones will download in m4r format to your desktop. Double click the file and bam they're in iTunes. Sync your phone and voila custom tones for everything.

Wow that was hard.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 01-12-12 at 06:56 AM.
    maxiang and Rockdog97 like this.
    01-10-12 06:17 PM
    Go to zedge.net. Set you phone selection as iphone4 and all the ringtones will download in m4r format to your desktop. Double click the file and bam there in iTunes. Sync your phone and voila custom tones for everything.

Wow that was hard.
    Thanks for helping us lazy folk
    I used the iTunes method to convert my fav ringtone over, but I've been too busy to swap the rest over LOL!!!

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    01-10-12 06:23 PM
    Thank you, Accidental, sounds great! I can't wait to get my iPhone! I'm not eligible until Feb 18, so I've got a lil more waiting to do.

01-10-12 06:29 PM
    Go to zedge.net. Set you phone selection as iphone4 and all the ringtones will download in m4r format to your desktop. Double click the file and bam there in iTunes. Sync your phone and voila custom tones for everything.

Wow that was hard.
    Wow AP, my son-in-law wants me to switch to an HTC Vivid. What would people say about me in this forum? Ha,Ha,Ha.
    01-10-12 06:45 PM
    Troublemaker, LOL!!!!!!!

01-10-12 06:47 PM
    Wow AP, my son-in-law wants me to switch to an HTC Vivid. What would people say about me in this forum? Ha,Ha,Ha.
    I like the vivid. You should give it a look.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 08:47 PM
    CB.. I too went from the 9700 to the 4S and I'm not looking back!
    01-11-12 06:26 PM
    Thank you, that's a great endorsement! That's what I really wanted to hear from, people who went from BB to iPhone. And let me say that I have no problem with BB, my 9700 has been great really. I just got bored & felt like trying something else.

01-11-12 08:16 PM
    I had a 9550 , never had problems for the first year. Then the boredom set in, and so did the problems. I made the jump in oct and have been so happy with my iph4 and i dont have many apps.
    01-11-12 08:35 PM
    Fund, what is not user friendly about the iPhone?

I do hope it has email & text alerts. Those are important to me for my work & also for my kids.

Although in thinking about it, all 3 of my daughters have iPhones & I know they have special ringtones & other sounds & stuff for notifications.

I'm still trying to attach files in a email! And I hate having to give apple my list. And then install on phone. And ima try to get ringtones. That iTunes method not working for me and a hassle.
    01-11-12 09:31 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD