I am a new iPhone 4s user and I couldn't be more happy that I made the switch from BB to iPhone. I love it! I do have a couple of questions that maybe some of you can answer for me.
    1. When I set up my gmail account under the native mail app, it works the first time and then I start to get the message "Cannot Get Mail; The mail server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings."

How can I fix this?

Also, what are some good battery strategies to increase the battery life on the iPhone? Can you allow all the apps that want to use your current location, etc. to do so or will this kill a battery faster? Saw where some people had a day or 10+ hours on the pics of their standby times. The most I have seen is 3 hours. Just wanted to know what I need to do to correct that as well.

Thanks.
    01-25-12 04:26 PM
    Delete your Gmail account and Set it up as an exchange account instead. Use the server m.google.com.

This will give you full exchange functionality, push email and calendar and contact synchronization.

This works perfectly for me and doesn't seem to affect the battery at all.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-26-12 07:37 PM
    +1

Its much easier to delete and everything using exchange. ITs a much better choice.
    01-26-12 08:02 PM
    All new iPhone users batteries suck for the first few weeks.. its a new toy to them and they are excited about it.

read this thread here to get some insight on gaining battery life
    http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...solved-665954/
    01-26-12 08:18 PM
    All new iPhone users batteries suck for the first few weeks.. its a new toy to them and they are excited about it.

read this thread here to get some insight on gaining battery life
    http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...solved-665954/
    Tks for the link joe.
    Informative.
    Good Luck
    01-26-12 11:21 PM
    Yes, you soon get used to how your battery lasts, I charge mine every night.
    01-29-12 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD