I just switched over to an Iphone4. The only real negative point I have noticed over the last 24hrs is that I cannot get my Gmail account set up. Keeps telling me that I am using the wrong pw/username.
    02-08-11 05:41 AM
    I just switched over to an Iphone4. The only real negative point I have noticed over the last 24hrs is that I cannot get my Gmail account set up. Keeps telling me that I am using the wrong pw/username.
    I'm getting both my verizon and gmail on my iPhone 4. Maybe you should double check that your username and pw are being input correctly.
    02-08-11 08:43 AM
    Already done that. confirmed it numerous times.
    02-08-11 12:52 PM
    I had that problem also, turns out I had set up a Google account some time ago with a different password and username. If I'm remembering it wanted my Google info only. If this is not the case, I would delete the account(s), and start fresh, creating a Google account first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 02:59 PM
    This is what I did to get gmail to work.

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Now the problem I am having is deleting email off my iphone and it also deletes off my server for Gmail.
    02-08-11 03:33 PM
    I'd use Gmail via exchange on the iPhone, push gmail.
    02-08-11 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD