Hey, I couldn't care less, I own no apple products, all I'm saying this scandal wouldn't really exist if Apple wouldn't have reported record profits recently.

By the way, blackberry phones are not being made in China, the components are, they're ensambled in Canada, Mexico, Hungary and wherever else.

Components come from all over the world, depending how far back you want to look, what quary was the metal dug from, what well the oil in the plastics came from etc etc.

Apple just run a business, I understand them wanting to make the most profits, but there's a thin line between making good proffits and robbing your customers.
    02-09-12 12:08 PM
    Hey, I couldn't care less, I own no apple products, all I'm saying this scandal wouldn't really exist if Apple wouldn't have reported record profits recently.

By the way, blackberry phones are not being made in China, the components are, they're ensambled in Canada, Mexico, Hungary and wherever else.

Components come from all over the world, depending how far back you want to look, what quary was the metal dug from, what well the oil in the plastics came from etc etc.

Apple just run a business, I understand them wanting to make the most profits, but there's a thin line between making good proffits and robbing your customers.
    So it's money, not social responsibility? Glad we cleared that up.
    02-09-12 12:13 PM
    Precisely, it has nothing to do with social responsibility or they would take responsibility. It's purely about wealth redistribution. Or just plain punishment of the successful.

If these people really cared they would use Apple because Apple is the only company being transparent about the problem and the only one trying to do something to help.

Pure hypocrisy, even with facts presented to them they're in denial.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    It is pretty funny.

Notice how RIM is keeping very quiet?
    02-09-12 12:21 PM
    So it's money, not social responsibility? Glad we cleared that up.
    Well yeah, it's all connected, don't be so na�ve.

If Apple wouldn't be so greedy ie if they gave better margins to their suppliers and charged less for their products, the social responsibility wouldn't be a problem would it?

I used to buy my motorcycle gear from a shop called Hein Gericke, top of the line goretex stuff at the price of �500 per jacket.

I never bought from them again when I found out they were brought in the shop at �50. God knows what they cost to make, probably �10
    02-09-12 12:35 PM
    Well yeah, it's all connected, don't be so naïve.

If Apple wouldn't be so greedy ie if they gave better margins to their suppliers and charged less for their products, the social responsibility wouldn't be a problem would it?

I used to buy my motorcycle gear from a shop called Hein Gericke, top of the line goretex stuff at the price of £500 per jacket.

I never bought from them again when I found out they were brought in the shop at £50. God knows what they cost to make, probably £10
    Good! You made a stand. Every little helps. I'm using apple because they make efforts to be transparent, audit their chain and try to help the situation. They can surely do more. No doubt about it.

What is RIMs record? Other than trying to fool people into believing their device is "made in Mexico" what have they done to help?

Maybe time for another stand?

Last edited by xandermac; 02-09-12 at 12:42 PM.
    02-09-12 12:39 PM
    I'd like a list of products Belfast does patronize.
    02-09-12 12:41 PM
    Good! You made a stand. Every little helps. I'm using apple because they make efforts to be transparent, audit their chain and try to help the situation. They can surely do more. No doubt about it.

What is RIMs record? Other than trying to fool people into believing their device is "made in Mexico" what have they done to help?

Maybe time for another stand?

Was RIM acused of anything? Why do they need to respond?

Rim buys components from China, they don't build products in China, big difference.
    02-09-12 01:07 PM
    Was RIM acused of anything? Why do they need to respond?
    RIM just need to be honest.

Apple state "designed by apple in California, assembled in China" Not "Made in California".

If RIM merely assemble in Mexico they should state "Made in China, Assembled in Mexico" or merely "assembled in Mexico" (like car manufacturers do). They need to stop lying to customers.

The fact is RIM products are made in china and RIM hide that fact away on the inside of the device. Why?

Defend them if you will. I can't quietly tolerate their deceit.

Last edited by xandermac; 02-09-12 at 01:11 PM.
    jclif likes this.
    02-09-12 01:09 PM
    RIM just need to be honest.

Apple state "designed by apple in California, assembled in China" Not "Made in California".

If RIM merely assemble in Mexico they should state "Made in China, Assembled in Mexico" (like car manufacturers do). They need to stop lying to customers.

The fact is RIM products are made in china and RIM hide that fact away on the inside of the device. Why?

Defend them if you will. I can't quietly tolerate their deceit.

Are you kidding me? Every component made in China could come from material from all over the world, they're also only assembled in China, how far do you want to track the materials?

Oil needed in plastics could come from afganistan for all I know.
    02-09-12 01:13 PM
    Also RIM doesn't "make" components in china, they buy them, most of them: screens, batteries, proccesors etc. Most of them anyway.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-09-12 01:16 PM
    Are you kidding me? Every component made in China could come from material from all over the world, they're also only assembled in China, how far do you want to track the materials?

Oil needed in plastics could come from afganistan for all I know.
    If its made in china, as it clearly is, RIM should say so. "Made in Mexico" is clearly a lie.

02-09-12 01:16 PM
    Also RIM doesn't "make" components in china, they buy them, most of them: screens, batteries, proccesors etc. Most of them anyway.
    Apple doesn't make components in China either. Apple doesn't own a single factory in China. So what is the point? Are you saying apple isn't responsible? You don't seem to think RIM is for that very same reason.

02-09-12 01:18 PM
    Apple doesn't make components in China either. Apple doesn't own a single factory in China. So what is the point? Are you saying apple isn't responsible? You don't seem to think RIM is for that very same reason.

They do assemble them in China and that's where the problems are no? Those particular factories? Or am I wrong?
    02-09-12 01:21 PM
    If its made in china, as it clearly is, RIM should say so. "Made in Mexico" is clearly a lie.

What makes you think all components are made in china? I'm sure some could come from Japan, Vietnam, Taiwan, whatever.
    02-09-12 01:22 PM
    They do assemble them in China and that's where the problems are no? Those particular factories? Or am I wrong?
    I'm sure the same (or worse) problems exist in the Chinese factories RIM uses and refuse to audit to this point. We won't know until RIM start being honest about their "made in china" blackberry devices. Still. As long as it says "made in Mexico" on the outside you can ignore the truth inside and feel better about it all.

Take your berry apart and find a "made in Mexico" stamp on the motherboard or ANY of the components. Doesn't exist. Just "made in china". RIM slap a nice little "Made in Mexico" sticker on the outside and everything is hunky dory. Nothing shady going on here...

Last edited by xandermac; 02-09-12 at 01:28 PM.
    02-09-12 01:25 PM
    I'm sure the same (or worse) problems exist in the Chinese factories RIM uses and refuse to audit to this point. We won't know until RIM start being honest about their "made in china" blackberry devices. Still. As long as it says "made in Mexico" on the outside you can ignore the truth inside and feel better about it all.

Take your berry apart and find a "made in Mexico" stamp on the motherboard or ANY of the components. Doesn't exist. Just "made in china". RIM slap a nice little "Made in Mexico" sticker on the outside and everything is hunky dory. Nothing shady going on here...

Now you're really being na�ve lol, no product comes from only one place, don't you get it? Where the product is assembled that's where the product is "made".

Look at your car, where do you think the parts come from? Only one country?

The law doesn't work on guesses, it works on proof. You can be "sure" all you want.
    02-09-12 01:30 PM
    Now you're really being naïve lol, no product comes from only one place, don't you get it? Where the product is assembled that's where the product is "made".

So RIM are part of the problem then? Where is their transparency? Their human rights policy? Their supply chain audit? Or does that only apply to apple?

The evidence is right there inside your berry. "made in china". Do you think it's made by gnomes? Or by people? If by people do you believe their conditions are any different? Better? Worse? Than Foxconn. Without a little RIM transparency and honesty you can't be really sure what you're buying into. At least with Apple I can be sure.

Last edited by xandermac; 02-09-12 at 01:38 PM.
    02-09-12 01:33 PM
    Now you're really being na�ve lol, no product comes from only one place, don't you get it? Where the product is assembled that's where the product is "made".

I think he is just trying to point out that RIM uses products made in China. Who is to say the workers who made those products (in China) don't go through similar working conditions than those at Foxconn?

I think that's the point.

In general I think this whole situation is being blown out of proportion. The Chinese government needs to make better requirements for working conditions for their citizens. Until that happens, nothing will change. Even if Apple does change and make things better, the opportunity for someone else to reap the same benefits is still there.

At a corporate level this might make things better, but only at a government level will these things completely stop.
    02-09-12 01:35 PM
    Oh here we go, my battery is built in Japan and further proccesed in Indonesia, hardly "made" in China then, just my point exactly.
    02-09-12 01:41 PM
    Oh here we go, my battery is built in Japan and further proccesed in Indonesia, hardly "made" in China then, just my point exactly.
    You are hereby absolved. Feel good about the happiness you're creating in the world

02-09-12 01:42 PM
    I think he is just trying to point out that RIM uses products made in China. Who is to say the workers who made those products (in China) don't go through similar working conditions than those at Foxconn?

I think that's the point.

In general I think this whole situation is being blown out of proportion. The Chinese government needs to make better requirements for working conditions for their citizens. Until that happens, nothing will change. Even if Apple does change and make things better, the opportunity for someone else to reap the same benefits is still there.

At a corporate level this might make things better, but only at a government level will these things completely stop.
    Foxcom is a big company, yet the problems seem to be where they build apple's products.

RIM hasn't been acused of anything yet.
    02-09-12 01:44 PM
    Now you're really being naïve lol, no product comes from only one place, don't you get it? Where the product is assembled that's where the product is "made".

The law doesn't work on guesses, it works on proof. You can be "sure" all you want.
    Now your arguing semantics. You could go in circles for days on this subject. Over and out on this thread for me.......
    02-09-12 01:44 PM
    Foxcom is a big company, yet the problems seem to be where they build apple's products.

RIM hasn't been acused of anything yet.
    RIM hide their supply chain and deceive their customers with "made in Mexico" stickers. There, I just accused them. It'll come out.

Last edited by xandermac; 02-09-12 at 01:48 PM.
    02-09-12 01:45 PM
    RIM hide their supply chain and deceive their customers with "made in Mexico" stickers. It'll come out.

Dude, you're confused, made doesn't mean built, made is where the product is assembled, are you saying RIM doesn't have a factory in Mexico or Hungary? Lol

Nothing to come out. They're not lying about anything.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-09-12 01:49 PM
    RIM hide their supply chain and deceive their customers with "made in Mexico" stickers. There, I just accused them. It'll come out.

I think belfast meant, accused by somebody with some teeth. No disrespect intended.
    dodger_moore likes this.
    02-09-12 01:50 PM
126 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD