04-19-10 09:52 AM
    Yeah, I just read that whole article. Looks nice... I like it. I also can't believe no one noticed it in the prototype iPad pictures on the table a few months ago... lol

Giz needs to give this phone to GeoHot to get it going... I'm sure he find a way to activate it. lol
    04-19-10 10:10 AM
    I think the hardware itself will be a HUGE upgrade from the 3G/3GS.

Front facing camera
    better back camera WITH flash
    higher res screen (prob the 960x640 rumored)
    some type of Apple processor (wouldnt doubt the same 1ghx A4 as the iPad to reuse parts)
    BIGGER BATTERY (15% bigger by the math, so instead of the 3GS 1219mah its about 1400mah)
    possibly dual mic for noise cancelling
    04-19-10 10:31 AM
    Wow, it looks SEXY! True Apple quality.
    04-19-10 10:36 AM
    I have a strong feeling the shell (back and sides) arent the final fit and finish since its a prototype, but the hardware itself sounds amazing
    04-19-10 10:44 AM
    I see a lot of people video confrencing with this thing.
    04-19-10 10:51 AM
    Yo! You don't know how many times me or my wife are out and we wanted to show each other something. Like she would want to show me my son doing something crazy or if I'm at the store I would want to show her something. So instead of having to take a picture or video and send it, we can hop on a video chat and talk real time. I'm glad smartphones are getting equipped with this stuff. Especially the iPhone, since I'm not planning on using anything else exclusively any time soon.
    04-19-10 10:58 AM
    I have a strong feeling the shell (back and sides) arent the final fit and finish since its a prototype, but the hardware itself sounds amazing
    was thinking the same..hoping they make the whole device flush everywhere. that top edge is looking a dust collector

me being one of them. to have mobile ichat will be too clutch
    04-19-10 10:59 AM
    Video chat on the new iPhone could also come in handy for tech support people who are working with peers and onsite problems they can't figure out or need to show someone something in realtime rather then take pics or describing the issue verbally.
    04-19-10 11:31 AM
    I hope that the casing gets cleared up, because the gaps look tacky.. And with this form factor won't it feel more like a brick (rather than the curve on the current one that makes it seem less weight then it is)..?
    04-19-10 12:10 PM
    Looks pretty nice. I notice that the display is the same size though
    04-19-10 12:13 PM
    RIM really needs to step their game up. I hope that they read this article and implement some, if not all of the features of the iphone 3gs and 4 into the storm. I've had the storm 1 since it came out and it has progressed into a decent phone but still has its bugs and quirks. The storm 2 doesn't justify an upgrade(to me) because it isn't all that different when it should be after all the storm 1's they sold. I understand the how these corporations pitch their products to the consumers a certain way to maximize profits. I work for an electronics company that I won't say but I'll tell you is a lot bigger than Apple or RIM and I see this happen every year. They once were on top of their industry due to revolutionizing certain products and setting the bar for everyone else and now they are playing catch up and wind up copying the competition a year or years later just to say they offer something similar. Look at Apple and their success with the iphone and now the ipad. Apple has sold millions of these and every year and they listen to the consumer and tackle the areas that they lack in. Now look at Google with the Android, they are excelling so much in the USA due to the fact that the iphone is only available from one carrier and they offer a similar product that can be used on various cell phones(smart). I know RIM sells many different models and they are successful to the business world but they can do so much better. I don't want to see the iphone 4 and HTC Evo come out this year with all these new features and just watch RIM drop a Storm 2 in a new body with a new OS and call it the Storm 3. Why not make a phone that is on par or better than the others? Wouldn't RIM sell even more phones and keep their existing customers loyal to their brand? It just doesn't make sense how they can't see this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 12:19 PM
    The Storm 2 is actually what the Storm 1 should have been.
    04-19-10 12:20 PM
    I hope that the casing gets cleared up, because the gaps look tacky.. And with this form factor won't it feel more like a brick (rather than the curve on the current one that makes it seem less weight then it is)..?
    I do agree with you about the small gap. But this form factor seems closer to the original iPhone which didn't feel like a brick even though it was made with a heavier casing material. But one thing we know about Apple, they have aestetics down. We will see.
    04-19-10 12:28 PM
    Is it just me, or does it look like a Bold 9000 but without the keyboard?

Gal 1 - - Gizmodo
    http://www.letsgomobile.org/images/n...-9000-test.jpg
    04-19-10 12:33 PM
    Looks pretty nice. I notice that the display is the same size though
    Yeah I'm with you. It seems that for the newest phones being released, if they want to increased the screen size, the device itself will have to increase. Have you seen the HTC HD2? That thing is huge. Ok not huge, but the size increase is definitely a deal breaker for me. Apple most likely didn't want to go this route. As long as the screen res is up to par then everyone will be satisfied. Having said that 4 inch screen would have been nice
    04-19-10 12:33 PM
    Like I said im more than positive that the gaps are just part of the prototype process, throwing a quick back housing on the internals, and isnt the fit we'll get in the final consumer product.

BUT it is very interesting the way theyre going with the hardware and being thinner than the current phone packing more hardware in.

And for the screen, its rumored to be .2 inches bigger matching the Nexus, but even at 3.5 inches its still a good size with a big resolution bump
    04-19-10 12:35 PM
    Is it just me, or does it look like a Bold 9000 but without the keyboard?

Gal 1 - - Gizmodo
    http://www.letsgomobile.org/images/n...-9000-test.jpg
    That would be called a Storm.
    04-19-10 12:36 PM
    Yeah I mean even if the display size stays the same I'll be happy. Just would be
    nice. But we can't have it all.
    04-19-10 12:37 PM
    That would be called a Storm.
    I was looking more at the silver siding to it. It looks almost exactly like the silver edge around the Bold 9000, but the Storm's silver side is shaped differently.
    04-19-10 01:00 PM
    Yes, but didnt the silver rim around the 9000 get its design from the iPhone? Yes it did.
    04-19-10 01:05 PM
    I was looking more at the silver siding to it. It looks almost exactly like the silver edge around the Bold 9000, but the Storm's silver side is shaped differently.
    I got what you were saying, but I think it's a stretch. Anything with a metallic bezel is a Bold now i guess. No matter how wide or long the device is. I got you.
    04-19-10 01:08 PM
    04-19-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD