I recently got a job and opened a bank account but called at&t and they said I need to get my credit up to be able to get a phone (iPhone). So how can i do this to where im able to get it. I have no money yet due to me just getting my job and no money in my bank account yet.
    05-23-10 11:22 PM
    Credit needs to be earned over time. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_...(United_States) for more info. A credit score has to do with how much of a "risk" you are, and not how much money you make.
    05-23-10 11:55 PM
    Credit needs to be earned over time. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_...(United_States) for more info. A credit score has to do with how much of a "risk" you are, and not how much money you make.
    so how can i boost my credit score so im able to get my own bill. and soon so i can upcoming iphone
    05-24-10 12:02 AM
    so how can i boost my credit score so im able to get my own bill. and soon so i can upcoming iphone
    Credit is something that has to be built over time. It can't be earned quickly.

Check out this article.

9 ways to build credit from scratch - MSN Money

It's going to take you some time. I doubt that you will be able to have the credit score you need by the release date of the 4G iPhone if that's what you're looking for...
    05-24-10 12:10 AM
    Credit is something that has to be built over time. It can't be earned quickly.

Check out this article.

9 ways to build credit from scratch - MSN Money

It's going to take you some time. I doubt that you will be able to have the credit score you need by the release date of the 4G iPhone if that's what you're looking for...
    I was reading up on this and what if I get my father to cosign for me? he has a good credit score but I have to pay my bill and I know if he cosigns and I dont pay its his "responsibility" will that work?
    05-24-10 12:13 AM
    Is credit an issue if you pay full retail? If not, you could save up the money in no time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 12:14 AM
    I was reading up on this and what if I get my father to cosign for me? he has a good credit score but I have to pay my bill and I know if he cosigns and I dont pay its his "responsibility" will that work?
    If he wants to do that, then they may let you do it. But really, the account would still be under his name, not yours. You may be able to get an account with AT&T, but they will make you put down a deposit.
    05-24-10 12:16 AM
    Is credit an issue if you pay full retail? If not, you could save up the money in no time.

Yes. The only way they don't run credit is if you go to a pre paid account (which I'm not sure if the iPhone is on). The phone company is still taking a risk on you on a traditional "post-paid" account.
    05-24-10 12:17 AM
    If he wants to do that, then they may let you do it. But really, the account would still be under his name, not yours. You may be able to get an account with AT&T, but they will make you put down a deposit.
    well like I said im going to have enough money to pay for it myself and will be in my bank account for the monthly payments. give me my best bet scenario.
    05-24-10 12:18 AM
    well like I said im going to have enough money to pay for it myself and will be in my bank account for the monthly payments. give me my best bet scenario.
    unfortunately there really isnt a best scenario if they are saying you have insufficient credit. You can either lay down the deposit they say or get the phone in someone elses name which would be your best bet as long as you are not going to miss any payments
    05-24-10 07:47 AM
    Did AT&T advise you that you would have a deposit due upon signing up for their service?
    05-24-10 01:11 PM
    Most likely, you'll be paying a security deposit.
    05-24-10 04:17 PM
    Most likely, you'll be paying a security deposit.
    Your security deposit will be $ 300-400, so save that money and buy your phone out-right and go to att and get on an non commitment plan . Since you have your own device or go prepaid that works too

05-26-10 12:04 AM
    I recently got a job and opened a bank account but called at&t and they said I need to get my credit up to be able to get a phone (iPhone). So how can i do this to where im able to get it. I have no money yet due to me just getting my job and no money in my bank account yet.
    They said that to me and I had credit (have a credit card, ect) and I bought my iphone on AT&Ts website and didnt need a deposit. So once you get money you might try to see if you can online.
    05-26-10 01:25 AM
    Just having money in an account isn't credit per se. Having a crdit card that's paid off every month is great, a long standing checking account looks good, having a job for more than a year. All good things, but they take time. Have your dad start the account for you, then after a year of so try to have it transfered into your name, by then you may have a better chance at having less or no deposit.
    05-26-10 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD