How is this easily done? I had my iPod synced to my iTunes on my home PC.

I got my iPhone at work and activated it on my work PC and began tinkering with it, buying apps, installing stuff, setting up Exchange email. It's currently not synced to any iTunes. I canceled the activation once the phone was "activated"

If I plug my iPhone into my home PC, it wants to format it.. If I do, how can i get all my apps n stuff back onto there?

Help PLZ!
    10-14-08 12:14 PM
    Google TouchCopy and download the trial. At this point, copy all your stuff onto the PC and then use iTunes to sync.
    10-14-08 01:44 PM
    well, if I copy my ipod to itunes, would I use this program to then copy the iphone to the itunes? will it merge or overwrite?
    10-14-08 01:46 PM
    Errr? You can actually choose to merge it, but you need to Authorize the computer first. You said iTunes keeps asking you to format, so I suggested the TouchCopy

I know I finally authorized my PC at work and when I sync, it asked to merge the information rather than wipe.
    10-14-08 01:59 PM
    well my work pc and home pc have been authorized.. so 2 out of 5.

the ipod works fine, I can connect it and then click it to open the music, etc on it..

when i plug in the iphone, it asks to format it.. i have no problem formatting, but I'm just wondering, the apps on it, which have been bought by my itunes account, the same account I authorized my PC to play my ipod songs to, is there a purchase history that allows me to redownload them?

I know I can check the purchase history to see the stuff I've bought.. but I cant find out how to redownload them.
    10-14-08 03:47 PM
    well my work pc and home pc have been authorized.. so 2 out of 5.

the ipod works fine, I can connect it and then click it to open the music, etc on it..

when i plug in the iphone, it asks to format it.. i have no problem formatting, but I'm just wondering, the apps on it, which have been bought by my itunes account, the same account I authorized my PC to play my ipod songs to, is there a purchase history that allows me to redownload them?

I know I can check the purchase history to see the stuff I've bought.. but I cant find out how to redownload them.
    All you have to do is buy them again. It will act like you are purchasing and let you know that you've purchased them again and it's going to re-download. Cancel or OK will be the two options. I did this with BeeJive IM.
    10-14-08 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD