Should I get the iPhone 4 on Verizon today, or should I wait until summer when maybe the iPhone 5 will be released. Is Verizon going to be one development cycle behind? Or will I have buyers remorse if I buy today?
    02-11-11 01:09 PM
    Even though the iP4 is a great device it's more than half way through it's shelf life.
    We will see a new iPhone release come June but will VZW be getting it? Thats the million dollar question. If I were a VZW customer I would wait and see, June is only 4 months away and if you waited 4 years for a VZW iPhone you can wait till June to see what Apple has in store for VZW.

Rumors of a larger screen, 4G, dual core processor and much needed features to iOS are the buzz right now.

I would be very unhappy if I got an iPhone 4 at this time and find out in June that much needed features were actually implemented.

My suggestion is, if you can wait then wait.
    Last edited by JD914; 02-11-11 at 02:43 PM.
    NevadaJake likes this.
    02-11-11 02:06 PM
    I would wait as well until some news came out that VZW was getting the iPhone 5.
    NevadaJake likes this.
    02-11-11 02:34 PM
    I am thinking I will wait it out. I think I would be unhappy with myself if I upgrade right now and VZW gets the iPhone 5 in June/July. I've waited this long. I may as well wait a couple more months before I make the jump.
    02-11-11 02:43 PM
    The way I look at it, 4G probably wont be everywhere until 2012-2013 ish. By then, Ill have another upgrade and there will be something better. Either way, youll be missing out on something. If not the 5 then the 6 etc. Im a right now kind of person anyways, and I would rather not be forced to pay for 4g, etc, when I cannot get it where I am at.
    02-11-11 03:30 PM
    Sounds fishy for Verizon to launch a device and 4 months later discontinue it =/
    02-11-11 03:57 PM
    Sounds fishy for Verizon to launch a device and 4 months later discontinue it =/
    Tim Cook said Vzn users wanted it NOW. I bet Vzn will have the iPhone 5 right along with Att at launch this summer. Apple will NOT release it to the world and leave Vzn out.
    02-11-11 05:38 PM
    I had waited two years ... I could not wait one more day than necessary!
    02-11-11 07:20 PM
    Even though the iP4 is a great device it's more than half way through it's shelf life.
    We will see a new iPhone release come June but will VZW be getting it? Thats the million dollar question. If I were a VZW customer I would wait and see, June is only 4 months away and if you waited 4 years for a VZW iPhone you can wait till June to see what Apple has in store for VZW.

Rumors of a larger screen, 4G, dual core processor and much needed features to iOS are the buzz right now.

I would be very unhappy if I got an iPhone 4 at this time and find out in June that much needed features were actually implemented.

My suggestion is, if you can wait then wait.
    If u don't mind me askin,what r some of the much needed features to the iOS u r talkin that u've heard about?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 08:17 PM
    If u don't mind me askin,what r some of the much needed features to the iOS u r talkin that u've heard about?

The biggest feature many are waiting for is an unintrusive notification system.
    02-11-11 08:37 PM
    or just get a Droid Thunderbolt on Feb 24th...
    02-11-11 08:45 PM
    if you NEED it get it NOW.
    if NOT then wait.
    02-11-11 08:55 PM
    I take u r talkin about,when u get a text message it pops up on hscree,if that's what u r talkin about then,I know I would like that.Let me ask u something-i read ,when u get a iphone the only way it will get old is that the next generation iphone comes out,where as android u can get let's say thunderbolt 2.2 it it probly get 2.3,but let's say it gets no more updates,cos its time for another phone with let's say honeycomb-so now the thunderbolt is old news.Seems to me the way to go is the iphone cos u will get more updates and the phone will not get old as fast-and plz any and everybody plz chime n-forgive bad grammer-textin on tour-so ready for new phone Lol!!

02-11-11 10:36 PM
    Here are my thoughts on what to do.

Plain and simple, get the Iphone now. Enjoy the moment, you waited 5 years for it. I have had every phone under the sun and I never really enjoyed the moment until I got the Motorola Droid X. Even with that, I had Iphone envy. The Iphone 4 is a work of art. It's built like no other phone.....just beautiful to look and hold. The phone itself just works like a phone should, thats all I need to say about that. Yes, the million dollor question is if the Iphone 5 will be out by Summer. It's anyone's guess and because of that, I choose to enjoy the present. If the Iphone 5 comes out, no biggy, I have another upgrade to use by that time. But in saying that, I seriously question whether Verizon LTE will be fully functional for most places that I go. If that is the case, I will stay with my current Iphone. I think Verizon hit the jackpot with this one. As good as Android is, and I truly love them, I think that most people that go into a Verizon Store right now and with todays lineup on the floor, most will walk out with the Iphone. Throw in the Bionic and Thunderbolt and most will still walk out with the Iphone. Why? Because it's the Apple Iphone. It doesn't have to make sense but it is what it is.

Peace.
    02-11-11 10:38 PM
    Apple overhauling push notification system?-cnet

02-11-11 11:18 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I can't upgrade right now but I've become of age to actually get my own contract. My mom just got the iPhone 4 w/verizon today and I really love it. We both had/have Bolds and they've been causing us problems and they're getting kinda old. My dad says wait until June. But I'm the type of person who wants something NOW especially if I have the money to get it. Plus I doubt the iPhone 5 will have that many changes to it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-12-11 03:44 AM
    I went ahead and got an iPhone 4. It does everything I need it to, and I think I'll be satisfied with it for 2 years. In any event, it was a major upgrade from my BB Tour.
    02-12-11 06:34 AM
    Here are my thoughts on what to do.

Plain and simple, get the Iphone now. Enjoy the moment, you waited 5 years for it. I have had every phone under the sun and I never really enjoyed the moment until I got the Motorola Droid X. Even with that, I had Iphone envy. The Iphone 4 is a work of art. It's built like no other phone.....just beautiful to look and hold. The phone itself just works like a phone should, thats all I need to say about that. Yes, the million dollor question is if the Iphone 5 will be out by Summer. It's anyone's guess and because of that, I choose to enjoy the present. If the Iphone 5 comes out, no biggy, I have another upgrade to use by that time. But in saying that, I seriously question whether Verizon LTE will be fully functional for most places that I go. If that is the case, I will stay with my current Iphone. I think Verizon hit the jackpot with this one. As good as Android is, and I truly love them, I think that most people that go into a Verizon Store right now and with todays lineup on the floor, most will walk out with the Iphone. Throw in the Bionic and Thunderbolt and most will still walk out with the Iphone. Why? Because it's the Apple Iphone. It doesn't have to make sense but it is what it is.

Peace.
    I hear ya,LOUD and clear!!!

02-12-11 12:38 PM
    I bought the iPhone 4 for VZW, and if the iPhone 5 comes out in June for VZW, I will buy it as well. The iPhone ALWAYS has an incredible resale value so I'm not really worried.

I can see Apple skipping VZW this summer and waiting till next summer for the LTE world version. It may or may not happen, and we will not know until Apple says so.

Apple usually like to keep it clean and release one device per year. The iPhone 4 may be that one device for VZW. We will have to wait and see.
    02-12-11 01:11 PM
    I am cheap and probably wait for the iPhone 5 then buy an iPhone 4 cheap!

02-12-11 01:49 PM
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mohandas Gandhi

02-12-11 02:28 PM
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mohandas Gandhi

Yeah, that's why so many people have HUGE credit card debts, myself included. LOL!

02-12-11 05:49 PM
    The iPhone 5 could probably have a larger screen which would be great news for many. As much as I like the iPhone's screen, I prefer the 4.3" screens on the HTC devices out. They're only slightly larger than the iPhone but with much larger screens. Don't know if I can go back to a touchscreen smaller than 4 inches.

02-13-11 11:45 AM
    I don't think iphone 5 will be 4G (could very easily be wrong tho) but I would definitely wait at least a few months.
    02-13-11 01:48 PM
    Id have to say, like many others; If VZW does get the iPhone 5, it wont be in June. Probably more like Fall if they do.

But to me it doesnt matter. LTE wont be by me for a while so it has no variance on me.
    02-13-11 02:30 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD