I've heard the apps available for the g1 is better than the apps available for the iphone because anyone can make and download apps easily for free making the android market much more flexible, open and user friendly compared to the iphone which is owned by a huge company (apple) and I've also heard the iphone sucks for texting, emailing etc compared to the g1 which actually has a keyboard.

What do you think is better?

The g1 or the iphone?
    07-01-09 03:23 PM
    I am not quite sure how many Apps are available for the G1 but I am pretty sure it's no where near 50,000 and counting.
    07-01-09 03:31 PM
    I pulled my sim out of a 3G and put it into a G1, and was very impressed with the keyboard and functionality of the G1...I was a little concerned about the potential loss of speed, but apparently the processor of the G1 was pretty zippy, since I really didn't notice much difference.

I carried the G1 for a week or two, and went to a Fuze the day it launched. Loved that phone, too, so for me the keyboard was a plus over the iPhone.

That being said, when the screen went buggy on the Fuze, and I had to wait for a warranty handset, I popped my sim into a Blackjack 2. The front facing qwerty had me at hello! No more sliding open the device to access the keyboard like on the Fuze and G1! So, on that front, the form factor was a selling point.

Have had several and numerous devices since--moto Q, treo 750, treo pro, BlackJack1, Epix, Samsung Jack, Propel Pro--all winmo, all with keyboards.

Now I am carrying the Bold, and feel as though I have returned home. So for me, front facing qwerty vs bulky slider were deciding factors.

Both the iPhone and the G1 are good devices, but the first question to my customers is "What do you want to do with your device?" Are you going to tire of sliding open the device to access the keyboard? Do you want a phone to work for you out of the box, or like me, do you enjoy hacking and tweaking?

Having used both, I would say that Apple's app process is more fluid than Android's, but the G1's keyboard was a benefit the iPhone didn't have.

(sorry for being long-winded)
    07-01-09 04:46 PM
    Android OS is very nice but I just do not like the G1 simply because I hate the form factor (stupid chin). I also just like the iPhone better.
    07-01-09 05:32 PM
    I like the Android OS, but hate the G1 form factor. HTC makes some gorgeous phones, but I don't find the G1 attractive at all. My coworker uses one and he says it tends to get very laggy when you multitask more than 2-3 apps. If they put Android on a Touch HD or better yet Touch Pro HD slider form factor, it would be a killer phone.
    07-01-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD