I seriously almost lost it due to the stupidity of some people. Have a look at the link below.

Viral video gets people to drill holes into iPhone7: The Hindu - Mobile edition

TL;DR: iIdiots get duped into drilling headphone hole into new iphone. Idiots.

Posted via Commodore 64
    eiruvrav likes this.
    09-26-16 02:28 PM
    Read today that Turning Phone also did away with the 3.5mm headphone jack... for security reasons. Not sure what kind of security risk the jack creates... I guess it is a "communications" port as I've seen credit card readers that utilize it.

Anyway... if it's on the Internet, someone is going to belive it.
    09-26-16 02:50 PM
    Read today that Turning Phone also did away with the 3.5mm headphone jack... for security reasons. Not sure what kind of security risk the jack creates... I guess it is a "communications" port as I've seen credit card readers that utilize it.

Anyway... if it's on the Internet, someone is going to belive it.
    It's Turing, they've probably replaced it with some sort of magical and revolutionary protocol cooked up while high on something, like the rest of their phones.
    09-26-16 02:57 PM
    It's Turing, they've probably replaced it with some sort of magical and revolutionary protocol cooked up while high on something, like the rest of their phones.
    Actually they have just promised to cook up something "soon".....

Many want to call Apple's followers "cultist".... but at least Apple delivers something.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-26-16 03:16 PM
    The main purpose (if not the ONLY one) of the removal of the jack is to force people to have their bluetooth turned ON all the time track us better.

The drilling story had me cracking up too. But hey, who wants a $700 phone without a jack?!!

I did once buy a little speaker that had the USB charger covered over with the rubberized plastic covering, having been replaced with a 12 volt hole for an electric plug in a new spot. I already had one with the USB and was bummed out this one was different.

I cut the rubber off with a knife and the USB plug was there where it should be and it worked.

So call me stupid too ; )
    10-07-16 03:18 AM
    The main purpose (if not the ONLY one) of the removal of the jack is to force people to have their bluetooth turned ON all the time track us better.

)
    That would imply that people keep their headphones plugged in 100% of the time if your argument that the removal of the jack requires bluetooth to be on 100% of the time.
    10-07-16 04:47 AM
    That would imply that people keep their headphones plugged in 100% of the time if your argument that the removal of the jack requires bluetooth to be on 100% of the time.
    Well, now, think about it, how many buttons do you have to push to turn on some tunes or the radio (speaker wire required for FM radio also implies Apple users don't have FM radio?), so people are not going to take the time to turn off bluetooth knowing they have to turn it on again when they want to hear something later.

Sometimes updates are not to enhance the user experience, but only to enhance the device's ability to 'phone home' about its 'user.' Not to be confused with the 'owner,' as for the most part we don't appear to be the owners of our phones.
    10-07-16 10:12 AM
    Well, now, think about it, how many buttons do you have to push to turn on some tunes or the radio (speaker wire required for FM radio also implies Apple users don't have FM radio?), so people are not going to take the time to turn off bluetooth knowing they have to turn it on again when they want to hear something later.

Sometimes updates are not to enhance the user experience, but only to enhance the device's ability to 'phone home' about its 'user.' Not to be confused with the 'owner,' as for the most part we don't appear to be the owners of our phones.
    Yeah I guess Blackberry users that use Bluetooth headphones are screwed because they won't ever turn off Bluetooth
    10-07-16 10:51 AM