I believe it is still in Beta but you can download it on Cydia. Requires Backrounder to function.
    Add the Source -
    htt*p://booleanmagic.com/repo
    Without the asterisk.
    Then search "Proswitcher" and instal it.
    To activate its multi tasking simply hold on the Home button for a few seconds and it will open a card style navigation.
    You can flip through all your Applications running in the backround. You have the ability to open as well as close applications.
    You can view a screenshot I took as well as more information on my iPhone JailBreak Facebook Group. Feel free to join it for daily updates on the hottest new Themes, Applications, and more tested by me and brought to you daily.
    JailBreak iPhone 3GS | Facebook
    01-30-10 12:17 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I was going to install when it first came out and realized, I don't really have a need for multitasking.
    01-30-10 12:35 AM
    You're welcome. I live it. Makes things so much easier
    01-30-10 10:38 AM
    Wow, sounds like a MultiTasking suggestion I sent in to Apple and posted on here a while back.... looks like someone beat them to it. lol
    01-30-10 10:51 AM
    Lol yeah it's basically the same thing as the safari browser has.
    01-30-10 02:23 PM
    I've been using this since December and it's excellent.
    01-30-10 03:14 PM
    You do have to wonder why the Iphone didn't have any type of background multi-tasking. If nothing else, at least with the messaging. The funny part of it is that the messaging is the only app I really need to work in the background. Its great that it pops up over other items so you dont have to close what you are in to read/reply or even send a new message/mms.
    Last edited by tmp3150; 01-31-10 at 01:34 AM.
    01-31-10 01:14 AM
    Well I figure they're holding stuff back purposely that way they can keep delivering new versions of the iPhone to us. I'm sure eventually, perhaps this summer, there will be native multitasking.
    01-31-10 01:21 PM
    With people ******** and complaining about battery life, mulit-tasking on the first
    two models would have only further fueled that fire. With the 3Gs multi-tasking
    doesn't have such a bad effect on battery life unless you're multi-tasking a crap
    load of applications.
    01-31-10 01:54 PM
    Well I figure they're holding stuff back purposely that way they can keep delivering new versions of the iPhone to us. I'm sure eventually, perhaps this summer, there will be native multitasking.
    I dont believe that to be true in the multitasking case. This isnt copy and paste where it was 100% software and could run on any OS. Multitaksing needs certain minimum hardware to run on and the 2g DEFINITELY couldnt do it, the 3G is iffy at best. The 3GS really is the first hardware that might be able to handle a handful apps open together.

I think with the 4G and 4.0 well see apple addressing multitasking but I wouldnt count on it on anything before the 3GS. Its not the the software cant run on the 2G/3G, its the hardware just wasnt enough
    01-31-10 02:20 PM
    3G has the same amount of app memory as the BlackBerry Storm had and I used to multitask on it without a problem. My 3GS (Opens SBSettings) still has 117 Mb Available with Cydia, Mail, Phone and iPod running. Cydia taking 50 Mb of that.
    3GS has as much App memory as the Storm 2 (256) Runs multiple applications without any trouble.
    iPhone 3G has 128 Mb which is as much as the Storm as well and more than all Blackberries at that release time frame. It could have done multitasking and it does without a problem when jailbroken.
    I've owned both, jailbroken both, and they multitask with ease.
    01-31-10 02:43 PM
    App memory doesnt mean anything between platforms when they use different amount of resources for the apps. Its not even a fair comparison and anyone knows BB apps are MUCH lighter and less CPU and graphic intensive, using less RAM.

Im sure the 3G CAN do it, but if its not up to Apple's standards where it doesnt crash theyre not going to let it do it (like the video recording not allowed at only 15fps on the 3G vs 30fps on the 3GS). Sure it still runs technically, but on a mass market scale it probably wont happen officially on anything less than the 3GS. Apple wants a consistent experience across the board for all users, which is why they have extremely high customer satisfaction with the iphone.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-31-10 at 03:09 PM.
    01-31-10 03:07 PM
    I was simply defending your attack on it's ability to multiple task. I've personally used the 3g for a year and know it can. I know they wouldn't include it until it's perfected but for the sake of discussion I presented my take on it
    01-31-10 04:33 PM
    Theres a difference between jailbreakers functionality and what Apple will put on it for the mass public. You know what was meant, were talking NATIVE multitasking built by Apple here, not what is it capable of truly with hackers
    01-31-10 04:51 PM
    3G has the same amount of app memory as the BlackBerry Storm had and I used to multitask on it without a problem. My 3GS (Opens SBSettings) still has 117 Mb Available with Cydia, Mail, Phone and iPod running. Cydia taking 50 Mb of that.
    3GS has as much App memory as the Storm 2 (256) Runs multiple applications without any trouble.
    iPhone 3G has 128 Mb which is as much as the Storm as well and more than all Blackberries at that release time frame. It could have done multitasking and it does without a problem when jailbroken.
    I've owned both, jailbroken both, and they multitask with ease.
    Please for the sake of God don't compare iPhone App memory with BB App memory. The iPhone has 8, 16, 32GB of App memory and 128 or 256MB or RAM. There's a big difference with that. RAM is NOT app memory, it's opperational memory.

A BB doesn't touch the iPhone in terms of "app memory".... in terms of RAM, they are about equal depending on models and such.
    01-31-10 07:23 PM
    By App memory I meant memory available to run applications.
    You knew that and only replied to fuel an argument.
    01-31-10 08:35 PM
    By App memory I meant memory available to run applications.
    You knew that and only replied to fuel an argument.
    No, I replied because what you wrote was not 100% correct. What you mean to say and what you said is not the same thing.

Also, a BB will eat the app storage memory when it runs out of RAM to make things still work. This is what people see when they notice a memory leak. Some OS versions are just not good at managing that "virtual memory" pool it borrows from the Free Memory pool to offset a shortness of RAM. One of the reasons why the S2 works a bit better then the S1 in terms of running apps and managing free app memory.

To my knowledge, an iPhone does not "swap out" memory to its internal GBs of storage and this is why multitasking is an issue on the device.
    01-31-10 11:07 PM
    This program is good but I prefer Kiraki or however you spell it. I dont' like how you need to click on the icon to bring up the menu with the background apps listed. With Kiraki, you can just double tap the home button and it'll bring it up.
    02-01-10 12:08 AM
    Seriously, stop, I'm not interested whatsoever. Start a new thread if you have to discuss something different. If you have nothing to say about the app mentioned in the title don't say anything at all. Otherwise I'll report the thread and have a mod clean it up
    02-01-10 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD