So Jobs said will offer free cases through September 30th, so what happens if you buy the phone after September? you no longer get a case?!
    07-17-10 08:44 AM
    I think that's for existing iPhone owners, he also said free case with new purchase which will probably be permanent until they release a next generation of the phone (if that will happen).
    07-17-10 09:36 AM
    Existing iPhone 4 and new customers UP until Sep 30 will receive a bumper or an Apple alternative case should they want one. After September 30 Apple with then re-evaluate the situation and make a determination thereafter for either existing and or new customers.

It's very helpful for those who actually own an iPhone 4 to respond in addition to those whom have actually seen the press conference to respond.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 07-17-10 at 10:56 AM.
    07-17-10 10:48 AM
    Now that I'm thinking about it... this
    may actually boost up sales. A lot of
    folks will be rushing to get the phone
    and free bumper before 9/30 hits. If
    it was free bumpers for at all times,
    then there wouldn't be a rush.
    07-17-10 01:42 PM
    Yeah, I agree I think there was really no much else they could do. From what I understand it only happens with certian models, and at a regular price of 30$ I think this will only prove to boost sales even further. Even if you don't use the bumper, people like things that are " free ".
    07-17-10 03:00 PM
    The other thing is they really had to put some sort of end date on that offer, else they'd get a whole new storm of criticism when they eventually ceased providing free cases/bumpers. Sept 30th is a nice simple three months, they can easily extend it another three months if the media/market conditions call for it.

Of course, setting a date also stirs up the conspiracy theorists figuring some sort of complex nefarious purpose. Occam's Razor just isn't as exciting.
    07-17-10 03:28 PM
    Well said my friend. Totally agree.
    07-18-10 01:23 AM
    Maybe Jobs isnt too dumb after all.
    07-18-10 11:06 AM
    He is a brillant man who has a cult like following...shame to see you on this side of the fence Pilsbury, hope you still visit other sub-forums as you are insightful!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 01:37 PM
    Apple will be doing all their refunds online, so anyone who has bought a bumper can receive a refund. Or for those who'd prefer a second bumper they will send you one. They said give them a couple of days. Again it will be all tied in to online. Just found that out, guess that's cool so you don't have to deal with the long lines at the stores.

07-19-10 03:05 PM
    He is a brillant man who has a cult like following...shame to see you on this side of the fence Pilsbury, hope you still visit other sub-forums as you are insightful!

LOL. My man, Im not on the other side of the fence. Im just a gadget freak. I had to try this, and right now it's working for me. Heck, who knows, I may even try a N1 if they get a battery that lasts for more than 3 hours. I still say the 9700 is one of the best devices ever produced, and I have had all different makes and models. But right now this i4 has my attention.
    07-19-10 08:36 PM
    Maybe the "after sept30" batch will have a real fix that eliminates this problem. As in--internally.

07-20-10 10:32 AM
    So Jobs said will offer free cases through September 30th, so what happens if you buy the phone after September? you no longer get a case?!
    Just means there is a hardware, they know there is a hardware problem, and that said hardware problem will be resolved by 9/30.
    07-21-10 09:18 AM
    Just means there is a hardware, they know there is a hardware problem, and that said hardware problem will be resolved by 9/30.
    It doesn't mean anything other that Apple wants to make sure under any possible circumstance that their customers are 100% satisfied. They didn't want to give away bumpers, Jobs said it. Apple's priority is customer satisfaction regardless of the true "non-issue", so they did. Apple's competitors haven't got a clue nor on the level of Apple's customer service, they only dream to have that service.
    07-21-10 09:25 AM
    It doesn't mean anything other that Apple wants to make sure under any possible circumstance that their customers are 100% satisfied. They didn't want to give away bumpers, Jobs said it. Apple's priority is customer satisfaction regardless of the true "non-issue", so they did. Apple's competitors haven't got a clue nor on the level of Apple's customer service, they only dream to have that service.
    I'm an Apple guy (I love my MBP), but you're just wrong there. A company like Apple is not going to drop just under $200M (estimated) on new cases for iPhone users unless there is a problem that needs addressing.

Apple does have excellent customer service (often times going above and beyond what would be reasonably expected), but in this instance they have goofed. There is an issue with the hardware on the IP4 (I wish it wasn't so because I absolutely did not want to have to take mine back) and I honestly didn't realize how significant it was until I dusted off my 9700 and started using it again.
    07-21-10 09:50 AM
    Maybe you won't maybe you will. It's impossible to know right now. Steve said they would "reevaluate" things come September 30th. Hopefully by then there will be some kind of hardware revision to fix the signal attenuation issue.
    07-21-10 03:38 PM
    ok, my question is how do you get the free case, right now the apple online store is saying they are out and won't let you back order it.
    07-22-10 11:15 AM
    Jobs said theyd have a whole page on the site for it, its probably not up yet
    07-22-10 12:31 PM
    ok, my question is how do you get the free case, right now the apple online store is saying they are out and won't let you back order it.
    Any Apple stores near you? I would think that is the best bet to get one right now.
    07-22-10 01:40 PM
    I think you have to do it online once they set it up. Theyll probably need the serial number to verify you own an iphone 4 and so you only do it once.
    07-22-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD