Hello everybody,
    My friend found a verizon iphone 4 and gave it to me because he does not have verizon. The phone has a lock on it. I want to figure out whos phone it is so i can return it to them or if i cant find out who it is ill just keep it. Who can help me? SHould i go to a verizon or apple store?
    05-21-11 02:09 PM
    If you go to verizon they maybe able to find out some how. Or you could keep putting in the wrong code over & over. I think eventually it'll delete itself & you can start fresh. I'm not sure though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I just asked my sister. Her screen stopped working after it dropped. Then she waited a long time before trying to get it fixed at an apple store and forgot the password. They said if she didn't remember it she could still use it but everything would get erased.
    Last edited by blue81to; 05-21-11 at 02:41 PM.
    05-21-11 02:31 PM
    Just take it to a Verizon store. They will be able to contact the owner.
    05-21-11 06:09 PM
    I suggest take to carrier as if it's reported stolen or lost
    you will be responsible.
    Last edited by xamdam; 05-21-11 at 07:07 PM.
    05-21-11 06:57 PM
    You might as well take it to a VZW store. You'll never be able to use it as a phone (but as a glorified iPod touch if you like, on wifi only). Verizon doesn't use SIM so once the IMEI # is considered lost or stolen it's blacklisted from being reactivated on VZW.

The lock code will factory reset after a certain amount of tries so it will wipe the phone.
    05-23-11 04:02 PM
    Yea you could take it to verizon to find out who's it is, but if you want to keep it keep putting in the wrong password or connect it to itunes and see whose phone it Is that way. You would also be able to whip out the info on itunes as well if you wanted. But if you want to keep it you can unlock it onto cricket or boost mobile and sell it or keep it as an ipod as said above

05-24-11 02:07 PM
    Not to burst your bubble, but that might be a stolen unit.
    I'm not saying you're an accomplice to theft, but if the owner has activated his find my iPhone app through mobile me, then the moment that unit is in a WiFi range! The owner will be able to locate it.

You'll be expecting a knock on your door from the Police anytime soon.
    05-27-11 12:41 AM
    Take it the Verizon store, you don't want this happening to you,

Umpire tracks missing cell phone to wrong spot, charged with assault in Lambertville | NJ.com
    05-27-11 01:02 PM
    Could they still track it if he whips all the applications off of it by doing a restore?

05-27-11 07:59 PM
    this was a useful thread. being that i just found a iphone VZW
    07-18-11 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD