I could not give up my bold so I just said what the heck I will buy the IPhone and use it for my personal needs and use the BB for my biz. I would miss some of the features of the BB if I had sold it and was using the IPhone exclusively.

I have to say since owning the IPhone for a couple of weeks, I find myself picking it up a little more than the BB.
    08-18-09 12:56 PM
    i really cant say that i miss bbm at all. i only had a few contacts, and i've got them all on yahoo messenger now anyway. i actually like yahoo better as i can use it on my computer as well as my phone. with threaded sms, and push yahoo, i dont miss it one bit!
    08-18-09 04:55 PM
    At first, I missed my BB something awful. I hated the email interface on the iPhone and the lack of video and MMS was awful. For the first two weeks I tried to barter the iPhone away to get back to my BB. However, I've come to really, really like (don't want to say love, so stupid) my iPhone and I wouldn't trade it, except for the newest iPhone. The apps are absolutely amazing. BB can't compete with that. The messaging on the iPhone, though, is really pretty cool and similar to the Messenger. Keeps each conversation seperate, and you can reply and continue from your convo from weeks ago. So, if it's just Messenger, I don't think you'll miss it.
    08-18-09 09:04 PM
    I just switched from a Blackberry Curve (8310) to an iPhone 3Gs, 32 GB. I switched 7 days ago.

I was hesitant, real hesitant. I had an 8 GB microSD card in my Curve, had a bunch of music and videos, and it was easily my best phone I've ever owned. I had never owned a phone more than 8 months before my Curve, and once I finally got a taste of a Blackberry, I had vowed I'd never own another phone. I owned my Curve for 2 years.

Then.. I started look at new phones. I wanted 3G, and my only option was the Bold. While liking it, I still hated the fact that you were constricted to using the device's memory to store applications.

One of my biggest reasons why I was hesitant was because of BBM. When I first got my Curve, I only knew a few people with BBs. That number quickly got larger, and all my close friends now have them.

After a week of use, I'm not disappointed whatsoever. I love the way that the phone groups your text messages--they are grouped by the person, so all of your texts are almost in a BBM kind of format. If you keep the conversation with the contact open, it will continue to load current texts, just like BBM.

My friends have just gotten used to the fact they're going to have to text me. They all have unlimited texting, so that's not an issue, just like me. I've gotten much, much better service than my Curve. Having 3G is amazing.

My only complaint? I wish the speaker was just a little louder. Other than that, I've got nothing. I've even gotten used to the touch screen keyboard, and I think I can type even faster than on my Curve, which I didn't think was possible at all. I can't type without looking, but that's not such a bad thing anyways--really shouldn't be texting while driving.

I say go for it, an worst case scenario, if you don't like it, you can pay the 10% restocking fee before the 30 days runs up.

One issue to think about is if you need to get your e-mail pushed to you and you need it instantly--I have no problems with manually loading up my mailbox a couple times a day. You can choose intervals for it push to you, but that uses up battery life, so I can do without it. If you're really dependent on e-mail, I'm not sure I'd venture away from a Blackberry.
    Last edited by JayKoz85; 08-19-09 at 12:30 AM.
    08-19-09 12:27 AM
    I only date girls with bbm. lol

jk but I do miss bbm! I traded my bold for a 16 gig iphone 6 months ago and I am going back to a bold tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, iphone has the best internet browser hands down but e mail sucks, no mms really blows, and I just miss buttons.
    08-19-09 09:37 PM
    I dont understand why anyone that has switched from a BB to an iphone would miss BBM since on the iphone ALL of your text conversations are threaded. ALL of the conversations on the BB should look like bbm...
    Am I missing something?
    08-20-09 12:53 AM
    BBM is unique. nothing like it
    08-23-09 04:05 AM
    i too am missing bbm . i wish rim would do something like , once you buy a blackberry . . you owned the pin and there was a version of BBM that could work across platforms ie, desktop, win mobile, iphone etc . . but I guess then it wouldnt really be considered BLACKBERRY Messenger at that point lol
    08-25-09 12:08 AM
    BBM is unique. nothing like it
    Yes there is... it's called IM (instant message).
    08-25-09 12:22 AM
    I really like BBM. All my closest friends use Blackberry's and we all
    communicate through BBM. But lately I have grown tired of it. Everyone gets
    all wussy with stuff like "wtf you read my message and didn't respond!!" and
    stuff like that. It became too damn intrusive to me and with that I have now
    switched to an iPhone as of yesterday. I'm really not missing BBM at all right
    now. I even used 5.0 for a while and after a while wasn't that impressed. But
    we'll see how long this iPhone thing lasts. If I can sell my two BB's quickly
    I'd for sure be sticking with my iPhone. And I'm really liking it so far.
    08-25-09 12:52 PM
    A different spin on the question, I discovered BBM on my work 8310 after getting my personal iPhone 3G. Now I want a Bold to interchange with my iPhone (from time to time). BBM is not the only factor but it is a big part. Amazing what I can do on the 8310 that I can't do on the iphone.
    08-26-09 12:27 PM
    I really like BBM. All my closest friends use Blackberry's and we all
    communicate through BBM. But lately I have grown tired of it. Everyone gets
    all wussy with stuff like "wtf you read my message and didn't respond!!" and
    stuff like that. It became too damn intrusive to me and with that I have now
    switched to an iPhone as of yesterday. I'm really not missing BBM at all right
    now. I even used 5.0 for a while and after a while wasn't that impressed. But
    we'll see how long this iPhone thing lasts. If I can sell my two BB's quickly
    I'd for sure be sticking with my iPhone. And I'm really liking it so far.
    Hey congratulations on the iPhone! I know what you mean with BBM, I have had a couple of people do that to me before. lol.

Good luck with the iPhone though, it is a great device.
    08-26-09 01:23 PM
    Not at all. The same friends that are on BBM are also on AIM, YIM all day long and since iPhone is chat style SMS, it doesn't make a big different to me. I think the only feature I did miss at first was being able to open a chat room. But after a couple days, it didn't matter anymore.
    08-26-09 02:07 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD