Went from a long time BB addict to a new iPhone 3gs addict. Should have done this a long time ago. Hope to be an active participant over here.
    10-03-09 04:58 PM
    Hey congrats on you're iPhone! Make yourself at home and if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    10-03-09 08:17 PM
    Welcome. Same here, 1 week exactly with the 16G 3GS and no regrets so far!!
    10-03-09 09:14 PM
    congrats!

teek... you staying this time? lol.
    10-03-09 11:22 PM
    Yeah I switched from the storm and the tour to a 32 3gs and I love it.
    10-04-09 12:43 AM
    congrats!

teek... you staying this time? lol.
    lol. I really think so because battery life has been really fair so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 02:26 AM
    Making the switch tomorrow, can't wait

10-04-09 09:22 AM
    Just wish they would get this battery thing figured out. But is better than a BB battery.
    10-04-09 10:45 AM
    lol. I really think so because battery life has been really fair so far.

Haha...too funny. Glad you have you back.
    10-04-09 11:46 PM
    Making the switch tomorrow, can't wait

I don't know what it is, I felt guilty leaving BlackBerry and going to the iPhone. I have read that a lot of posts have termed the jump as "going to the darkside". But there is nothing to feel guilty about. If you think the iPhone suits you better or if you just think it is plain cool, then by alll means make the switch.
    10-09-09 07:49 PM
    Just wish they would get this battery thing figured out. But is better than a BB battery.
    how so? i'm contemplating the purchase of an iphone and ur the first i've heard to say BB battery is worse.
    10-10-09 03:12 AM
    Yes i too am a bb addict now converted to the i phone!
    Last edited by ga_fool2002; 10-10-09 at 12:03 PM.
    10-10-09 05:01 AM
    how so? i'm contemplating the purchase of an iphone and ur the first i've heard to say BB battery is worse.
    The battery one my 3GS is better than my storm and probably as equal if not better than the tour.
    Ie had great luck with the battey life on this iPhone. However, mind you wifi will suck it down with heavy useage. Also, I do have the screen dimmed to about half way. I'm so glad I went back to the iPhone. Couldn't be happier, and now with Microsoft exchange, pushing gmail - I'm happier than a kid in a candy store!

10-10-09 09:56 AM
    Congrats on your iPhone! I converted from a BB Tour to a white 3GS in August. I have never looked back. I should have done that first before getting the tour. I had the tour for two weeks then the camera broke. When that happened I said to myself thats it I am trying the iphone. My BBs would only last six months then something would go wrong with it. I love it! I don't think I can ever go back to a BB. Plus I have a macbook so synching is so easy! Welcome to the club.

Brandie
    10-13-09 06:08 AM
    i am wanting to get an iphone 3g. Was wanting to know how like it? I have a bb bold and wanna get something that works better with media. also is it worth getting a 3G as opposed to a 3GS?

10-13-09 08:53 AM
    i am wanting to get an iphone 3g. Was wanting to know how like it? I have a bb bold and wanna get something that works better with media. also is it worth getting a 3G as opposed to a 3GS?

You do know that the 3GS is faster, right? If you want to get the best media experience, and get it faster, get the S.
    10-13-09 09:31 AM
    You do know that the 3GS is faster, right? If you want to get the best media experience, and get it faster, get the S.
    Correct I did know that. The only thing is i do not get an upgrade until July of next yr. So i am wanting to cheaper one off craigslist or ebay for the 3G.

10-13-09 09:40 AM
    Correct I did know that. The only thing is i do not get an upgrade until July of next yr. So i am wanting to cheaper one off craigslist or ebay for the 3G.

Ah, if that's the case, I would consider even keeping the Bold for one more year, and then switching to an iPhone next summer. Apparently, word is, there will be a totally new iPhone next summer.
    10-13-09 09:51 AM
    Ah, if that's the case, I would consider even keeping the Bold for one more year, and then switching to an iPhone next summer. Apparently, word is, there will be a totally new iPhone next summer.
    so the 3GS is definately the way to go??? Is the 3G not really worth it???

10-13-09 10:25 AM
    so the 3GS is definately the way to go??? Is the 3G not really worth it???

I wouldn't say it's not worth it, but the way I see it is that if by next year, there will be another generation iPhone, you will be 2 versions behind with that basic 3g. Also, if you like to watch movies, and will download several, you'll eat up the memory on the 3g pretty quick.

Here are the differences between the 3g and 3gs. Guess it depends on what you want.

iPhone 3G vs. iPhone 3GS: the tale of the tape
    10-13-09 10:37 AM
    I wouldn't say it's not worth it, but the way I see it is that if by next year, there will be another generation iPhone, you will be 2 versions behind with that basic 3g. Also, if you like to watch movies, and will download several, you'll eat up the memory on the 3g pretty quick.

Here are the differences between the 3g and 3gs. Guess it depends on what you want.

iPhone 3G vs. iPhone 3GS: the tale of the tape
    ok so i should definately keep my bb bold then???
    Also what are the HTC touch phones??? and are they available on att?

10-13-09 10:41 AM
    ok so i should definately keep my bb bold then???
    Also what are the HTC touch phones??? and are they available on att?

Well, I don't want to disparage the 3g. I have several friends with the 3g, and they seem to be perfectly happy with them, but if you ask me what's better, of course, it's better to get the 3gs, as it has slightly more features, is faster, and has more memory.

Given a new iPhone is due out by the time your contract expires, I personally would wait till next year, and just keep the Bold until then. Not sure, however, if this even matters to you, but the Bold is a Top 20 radiation emitter. The iPhone gives off about half the radiation, by comparison: 20 highest-radiation cell phones (United States) - CNET Reviews

As for the HTC touch, I never even considered them as an option, so I can't tell you much about them. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    10-13-09 10:53 AM
    Given a new iPhone is due out by the time your contract expires, I personally would wait till next year, and just keep the Bold until then.
    Hey man im not trying to be snide but where are you hearing this? I havnt heard that, but I would be excited if so.
    10-13-09 12:01 PM
    Hey man im not trying to be snide but where are you hearing this? I havnt heard that, but I would be excited if so.
    I've only seen a bunch of rumors running out there, so I'm not sure, but seems like from all the talk, the iPhone 4G will be out next summer.
    10-13-09 12:43 PM
    I've only seen a bunch of rumors running out there, so I'm not sure, but seems like from all the talk, the iPhone 4G will be out next summer.
    I'm not sure if any of the networks would even have 4g ready at that point. Verizon seems to be in the lead, and even they will only have 4g in 5-10 cities by mid next year according to reports.

I'd venture that we'll be seeing 4g in 2011.

That being said, I wouldn't doubt that there will be a new iPhone this june or july.

Last edited by CASActuary; 10-13-09 at 01:01 PM.
    10-13-09 12:58 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD