Yes but I don't know if you have noticed, but the positive Apple or Android news usually gets moved quickly, and the negative news sits here for a while.
    Moderators do their job and they are under the mobile nation flag (check the top of the page for concerned devices). I'll bet they won't play with unfair treatment, as they may not will shoot themselves a bullet in the foot.
    10-31-11 11:19 AM
    A lawsuit over battery drain...lawyers...SMH.....
    Well, at least, they may have to re-write their advertised specs ...
    Jake2826 likes this.
    10-31-11 11:23 AM
    apple doesn't fix things either.. again.... i.e ip4 antenna issue..

and RIM does fix things.. as there is a post about security issues they found and they are patching..

battery life gets better every release... to a certain degree..

but yes... there are times when even OS upgrades won't fix issues that are not COMMON...

i do not know if you know anything about Code delivery and releases, but usually there is a priority and things to fix ASAP... some BUGS might not get fixed for several releases just due to their priority..

sometimes it's just those lemons that will never be like it's suppose to be..

both my wife and my iphone1 screens stopped working.. the bottom half of the screen did not respond to touch.. i got it replaced since the phone was less then a year old... happened again just after the year and i was SOL..
    Hmm, the antenna issue got fixed with the iPhone 4S.
    10-31-11 11:26 AM
    Hmm, the antenna issue got fixed with the iPhone 4S.
    Yes, with a double antenna, if I'm not wrong.
    10-31-11 11:28 AM
    It looks like this law firm is about to file a class action over the battery drain issue.

Abington Cole | iPhone 4S Class Action
    Ridiculous. Its sad that we live in a world like this. What's next? They will sue Siri for not fully understanding the words someone says...
    10-31-11 11:28 AM
    Moiselles,
    I've read many of your posts and many are right on. But when you say this is a non-issue with the battery problem for iPhone 4S, I have to disagree with you.

We are talking about a phone that does not allow you to swap batteries and if you have to have it plugged in in the office, in the car and at home, it starts looking like less of a cell phone and more like a land line.

My church minister is going to Africa this week on a mission to help some of the people there. She is a wonderful person and she has a device that is not a world phone so they sent her a device.
    Seriously, thank God it is a BlackBerry. As brilliant as she is she is an absolute dork with tech. Buy I'm setting her up with a spare battery, a solar charger, and setting up her BB so she can send a distress call with her location, should she need it.
    I know most of us will not venture into Africa or even Mexico but battery life does matter. Especially if you can't swap out a battery.

If my life was on the line, I know which phone I would take on a two week venture into Africa.
    RetroAndreas likes this.
    10-31-11 11:30 AM
    Yes, with a double antenna, if I'm not wrong.
    Yes, they couldn't fix it with a software update in the 4. The grip thing doesn't work with the 4S. There are videos on YouTube of people trying it. I've tried it with mines and its fixed now.
    10-31-11 11:30 AM
    Moiselles,
    I've read many of your posts and many are right on. But when you say this is a non-issue with the battery problem for iPhone 4S, I have to disagree with you.

We are talking about a phone that does not allow you to swap batteries and if you have to have it plugged in in the office, in the car and at home, it starts looking like less of a cell phone and more like a land line.

My church minister is going to Africa this week on a mission to help some of the people there. She is a wonderful person and she has a device that is not a world phone so they sent her a device.
    Seriously, thank God it is a BlackBerry. As brilliant as she is she is an absolute dork with tech. Buy I'm setting her up with a spare battery, a solar charger, and setting up her BB so she can send a distress call with her location, should she need it.
    I know most of us will not venture into Africa or even Mexico but battery life does matter. Especially if you can't swap out a battery.

If my life was on the line, I know which phone I would take on a two week venture into Africa.
    I said it was a non-issue for me. I have no problems. I never said that everyone else had great battery life like myself. While I am of the opinion with all the chargers readily available in today's society, battery life should be a non-issue for most people, it doesn't necessarily mean that someone wants to be tied to their charger all day (which I don't feel I am... I can't speak for someone else). I took my phone off the charger at 9:30pm last night and I'm sitting at 42% as of 12:36pm. I'll throw it on the charger before I leave work and it'll last me all night.

I never had any problems with my Torch 9800 slider, but that doesn't mean that other people didn't have those issues. I honestly only try to speak from my personal experience and I really try not to pass judgement on devices that I, personally, have not held in my hand.

I'm glad you and your church minister have phones that works for your needs. BBs are great at what they do. That's the most important thing that a lot of people forget. Not everyone needs the same things out of their device.
    10-31-11 11:38 AM
    I said it was a non-issue for me [...] While I am of the opinion with all the chargers readily available in today's society, battery life should be a non-issue for most people, it doesn't necessarily mean that someone wants to be tied to their charger all day (which I don't feel I am... I can't speak for someone else).
    There's a point you may have missed, on a technical side.
    Be aware that the most you charge your battery, the less the battery will live.
    The fact that on your device, the battery is "built in", makes this point very sensible.
    In other words, the way you use it may result in a dead device much sooner than it is capable of.

So, with the greatest I can, I'll suggest to have your chargers ready, but to use it only if it is needed.
    10-31-11 11:45 AM
    The fact that on your device, the battery is "built in", makes this point very sensible.
    In other words, the way you use it may result in a dead device much sooner than it is capable of.

So, with the greatest I can, I'll suggest to have your chargers ready, but to use it only if it is needed.
    With the current life cycle of most phones..this is a non issue. If someone was holding onto a phone for 5 years..then perhaps they may need to be concerned about a battery life cycle. But for the majority of people..the phone will be long gone before the battery.
    10-31-11 11:49 AM
    With the current life cycle of most phones..this is a non issue. If someone was holding onto a phone for 5 years..then perhaps they may need to be concerned about a battery life cycle. But for the majority of people..the phone will be long gone before the battery.
    Partially true, moreover with 6months life-cycle devices. But one thing is sure; the more you charge it, the less it'll remain power ... So this is a "snake biting his tail" thing.
    BTW, this advice was not especially focused to a brand (not even a device type) in particular.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-31-11 at 11:56 AM.
    10-31-11 11:53 AM
    This.

I plan on keeping my 4S until my next two-year contract is up, by that time the iPhone5S (or whatever it'll be) should be out. I'll upgrade. No need to worry about the battery dying. My husband's iPhone3G's battery started giving out before he got his 4S. That thing lasted a solid 3 years. I don't know many people who even hold on to their smartphones for 3+ years anymore.

And if it gives out before 2 years, well then I'll take it to Apple. They have exceptional customer service.
    Shlooky likes this.
    10-31-11 11:54 AM
    This.

I plan on keeping my 4S until my next two-year contract is up, by that time the iPhone5S (or whatever it'll be) should be out. I'll upgrade. No need to worry about the battery dying. My husband's iPhone3G's battery started giving out before he got his 4S. That thing lasted a solid 3 years. I don't know many people who even hold on to their smartphones for 3+ years anymore.

And if it gives out before 2 years, well then I'll take it to Apple. They have exceptional customer service.
    You're welcome ...
    10-31-11 11:55 AM

Giving apple, it seems that I was wrong, since small cycles must be added up to a full charge equivalence to be considered as a "cycle". Yet, we don't know how many cycles are allowed before turning the max power down to 50%.
    See :
    Apple - Batteries
    and
    Apple - Batteries - Battery Replacement

Good to know and ... my bad.
    10-31-11 12:18 PM
    I would recommend that you get the iphone 4s replaced by Apple if you are experiencing battery issues before your warranty expires. You do not want to be holding a dead phone after warranty period only to realize that you should ve replaced it earlier.

I have had my ipad1 replaced twice and Apple is prompt in getting this done. Not sure if it works the same in the US, but in India, we just need to take it to an Apple service center and they will evaluate and offer a replacement.

My hp laptop battery gave up about a month after the warranty expired, almost as if it was timed to do so!!
    10-31-11 12:20 PM
    I would recommend that you get the iphone 4s replaced by Apple if you are experiencing battery issues before your warranty expires. You do not want to be holding a dead phone after warranty period only to realize that you should ve replaced it earlier.

I have had my ipad1 replaced twice and Apple is prompt in getting this done. Not sure if it works the same in the US, but in India, we just need to take it to an Apple service center and they will evaluate and offer a replacement.

My hp laptop battery gave up about a month after the warranty expired, almost as if it was timed to do so!!
    That's weird, they don't replace ipad1 batteries in the US. If you are in the warranty, they give you a free ipad. If you are out of the warranty, they offer you a brand new one for $100.

No evaluation needed either, they just replace.
    Last edited by brucep1; 10-31-11 at 12:47 PM. Reason: add content
    10-31-11 12:46 PM
    Yea I know a few people who had faulty batteries on there iPhone 4 and Apple just gave them a new phone no hassle at all.
    10-31-11 01:05 PM
    Damn! The Official Apple Support Forum is sure getting a workout over this whole battery drain issue. The thread on battery life just hit 163 pages. It will be interesting to see what the fix turns out to be.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...=2430&tstart=0
    10-31-11 01:36 PM
    That's weird, they don't replace ipad1 batteries in the US. If you are in the warranty, they give you a free ipad. If you are out of the warranty, they offer you a brand new one for $100.,

No evaluation needed either, they just replace.
    both replacements of my ipad were for non battery issues, but I am sure the same applies in the case of battery as AVT123 noted.
    10-31-11 01:40 PM
    Isnt the 4s suppose to have had a faster processor in it? Has anybody looked into that as a culprit?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 01:59 PM
    This is kind of pot calling the kettle black stuff going on in here. THE BATTERY ON THE 9900/9930 IS APPALLING!!
    10-31-11 02:27 PM
    i think the time zone setting fixes the problem from what i read. Kinda like the accepting video chat popup fixed the playbooks.
    10-31-11 02:39 PM
    i think the time zone setting fixes the problem from what i read. Kinda like the accepting video chat popup fixed the playbooks.
    Lol. You're a little late with that comment. I mentioned the time zone thing on the first page. My comment was the first comment below the original post.
    10-31-11 02:50 PM
    Lol. You're a little late with that comment. I mentioned the time zone thing on the first page. My comment was the first comment below the original post.
    i know you made the comment earlier but i wanted to make the comparison to that and the PB battery issues
    1812dave likes this.
    10-31-11 02:57 PM
    This is kind of pot calling the kettle black stuff going on in here. THE BATTERY ON THE 9900/9930 IS APPALLING!!
    Nah not true. Mine's great, probably 2 solid days. What is true is some people are are having terrible battery performance, some in the middle and some great with the 99xx. This is likely how it will turn out with the new iPhone as well.

Perhaps the real story is not the phones, but the quality controls on the manufacturing of batteries.
    10-31-11 04:24 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD