If anyone cared about RIM anymore (or if they were even mentioned as a top tier device) then there would be plenty of Articles posted on how bad the battery life is on the 9900/9930. Just go over to that forum and you'll see thread after thread on the topic. Being an owner myself I can say that it is bad and wont get through a full day with moderate use ( I get great signal so please dont throw the poor service area excuse at me).

The problem is that RIM is already a laughing stock so no one really cares about the battery life of their phones.
    adamkesher likes this.
    10-30-11 08:42 PM
    Yes but I don't know if you have noticed, but the positive Apple or Android news usually gets moved quickly, and the negative news sits here for a while.

It's just funny that whenever one of those platforms have positive news posted here people are quick to say "this doesn't belong here" (and I agree), yet when the negative articles are posted people barely seem to care. Both should be moved no matter what.
    Yeah I see what you're saying. But to be honest it's really not to be unexpected or surprising.

After all, this is a fansite for BBs. Feelgood articles (from the perception of the fanbase) will stick around longer until the debate gets harsh enough that they'll be moved to their respective sections. And to be honest (IMHO), there are a surprising number of articles posted in this section that stick around a lot longer than one would expect even when they're anti-RIM/BB. The moment the debates get ugly or personal, they get moved or closed.

Moderators for the most part do a pretty decent job. I can think of a few off the top of my head that have completely flip-flopped in the last 3 years when it comes to brand loyalty, but still maintain a reasonable attitude when it comes to moderating debates/discussions.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 10-30-11 at 09:02 PM.
    avt123 and Jake Storm like this.
    10-30-11 08:59 PM
    Lol. You have chargers everywhere? That's what makes it fine?
    I think what makes it fine is that, according to her comment, her 4S battery life is better than her experience with her 9800.
    10-30-11 09:07 PM
    pretty sure most people have chargers at work, home and the car. its pretty dumb not to actually
    Hardly. I don't take a charger with me. No need for it. I have a spare battery and rarely need it even when I stream music all day. In conservative mode I could go 4 or 5 days without ever seeing a charger.
    10-30-11 09:08 PM
    Yeah...didn't the cell phones from the 90's with gray screens smaller than a digital watch have good battery life too? I think we're beating a non issue here. Consumers will adapt for the better phone.
    10-30-11 09:26 PM
    Yeah...didn't the cell phones from the 90's with gray screens smaller than a digital watch have good battery life too? I think we're beating a non issue here. Consumers will adapt for the better phone.
    Let me translate for you. Monza = 9860. Isn't that .2 bigger than yours?
    10-30-11 09:33 PM
    Let me translate for you. Monza = 9860. Isn't that .2 bigger than yours?
    Yes the Torch is .2 bigger. It is also lower resolution.
    10-30-11 09:49 PM
    If anyone cared about RIM anymore (or if they were even mentioned as a top tier device) then there would be plenty of Articles posted on how bad the battery life is on the 9900/9930. Just go over to that forum and you'll see thread after thread on the topic. Being an owner myself I can say that it is bad and wont get through a full day with moderate use ( I get great signal so please dont throw the poor service area excuse at me).

The problem is that RIM is already a laughing stock so no one really cares about the battery life of their phones.
    Hhaha. This is some weird logic.

No one cares? You seem to care since you are on a BB site. 70 millions subscribers probably care as well.

But I'm confused, you say there wouldn't be any articles since no one cares, but then say there is thread after thread about it. Still confused by the logic that no articles about battery life mean people don't care about a phone.

Not sure where you get that RIM is a laughing stock or why you'd by a blackberry if thats what you think.

If iPhone 4S battery is worse than iPhone 4 than that's pretty sad. I have to charge my iPhone4 daily which I find very annoying. It's gonna be really annoying if I'm traveling or don't have access to a charger for more than a day.
    Dapper37 and Jake Storm like this.
    10-30-11 10:36 PM
    So it looks to me that the first thing Iphone 4s owners do when they get their phone is turning off all the great new sync features of ios5 and iCloud.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-31-11 05:00 AM
    So it looks to me that the first thing Iphone 4s owners do when they get their phone is turning off all the great new sync features of ios5 and iCloud.
    I haven't had to turn off any great features that I enjoy using. I've stated this before, I don't see the point in sacrificing cool features for improved battery life. I have a charger at work, home, and in my car.

As far as iCloud goes, I don't really use it except for the Find My Phone app. I still do a backup and sync to my PC. Maybe I'm old school.
    10-31-11 05:06 AM
    I haven't had to turn off any great features that I enjoy using. I've stated this before, I don't see the point in sacrificing cool features for improved battery life. I have a charger at work, home, and in my car.

As far as iCloud goes, I don't really use it except for the Find My Phone app. I still do a backup and sync to my PC. Maybe I'm old school.
    Is that a charger in your pocket? lol

Me too really, i can't take chances with my phones during the day, my whole business runs on my 9900 during office hours.
    10-31-11 05:19 AM
    SOLVED:
    If you are one of the many people that have upgraded to the iPhone 4S, you may have been experiencing some issues with your battery. Since the release of the iPhone 4S, many users have been complaining and trying to look for a way to resolve the issue while others have contemplated switching back to an older iOS device until Apple resolves the issue. It appears that a fix has been found though, all you have to do is: turn your “Setting Time Zone” switch to OFF in the Settings > Location Services > System Services (at the bottom of the page).

What has been noticed by many is that when you switch this feature OFF, the standby time has gone up significantly. After testing this on an iPhone 4S, the new iPhone only lost 5% of its total battery life. The tip originally stems from Oliver Haslam, who noted that the bug likely lives inside iOS 5 and not necessarily within the iPhone 4S hardware. The “Setting Time Zone” ends up tracking constantly instead of periodically, causing the battery time to be severely cut down. According to Haslam, the folks over at iDownloadblog ran some tests as well and saw the same result:
    brucep1 likes this.
    10-31-11 07:40 AM
    I think this day and age with devices with awesome features (BB, iphone, Android) and hardware (regardless of what people say about each device) it's impossible to release something that won't cause problems with the Hardware, batteries, software, Quality issues!

so many different things can go wrong that may look "PASSED" in the labs and by companies but once it hits the consumer markets there are sooooo many different people that use the device in a lot of different ways.. which can reveal BUGS that were not caught during testing.

therefore no one can blame Apple, no one can blame RIM, and no one can blame Google (or the manuf. that make android phones).

it happens.. but i think it all comes down to "RIM battery life = BAD....all **** breaks loose with BB owners, and non BB owners causing a riot, even though there are people getting amazing battery life out of the phone"

but when something like this happens to Apple ... "ohh it's ok they have a fix.. still the best phone ever and turn a blind eye..."

happened with the Antenna issue in the ip4.. "it's ok, they gave us a free rubber band to fix it, instead of recalling it.."

so all in all no matter what company is making the device ur using will have lemons! Just like CARS!!! i think people get PISSED about their phones (which cost $500-$700 dollars) more then they do about their cars (which cost anywhere between $15K-millions)

right now im more worried about a $200 part i have to replace in my less then a year old Car cause it's not covered under warranty!! that's a REALL **** off!!

i just think poeple have less and less and less tolerance to things!! remember just 10-15 years ago when u had wait a FULL Day just to download a a couple MP3's!!!
    people had more patience back then!
    10-31-11 08:52 AM
    The majority of iCloud services are turned off by default. So the users wouldn't have to do that anyways.
    10-31-11 09:04 AM
    i just think poeple have less and less and less tolerance to things!! remember just 10-15 years ago when u had wait a FULL Day just to download a a couple MP3's!!!
    people had more patience back then!
    Truth. I remember it taking forever to get songs 10 years ago (low bit rate too, so maybe 1MB/2MB in size). Now I get mad if a HD TV Episode (which is typically 1GB/2GB in size) takes more than 5 minutes to finish downloading.
    10-31-11 09:11 AM
    Truth. I remember it taking forever to get songs 10 years ago (low bit rate too, so maybe 1MB/2MB in size). Now I get mad if a HD TV Episode (which is typically 1GB/2GB in size) takes more than 5 minutes to finish downloading.
    Unless there is a big improvement in download speeds, get prepared (in a few years) for lengthy movie downloads again, as we move to Ultra High Definition (16x the pixels)
    10-31-11 09:22 AM
    Smh. No idea why this topic would be even posted in the section of the forum. There is an iPhone section of this forum.

Anyway, Apple will figure it out. The phone was just released 2 weeks ago, damn, give them a break!
    10-31-11 09:26 AM
    Smh. No idea why this topic would be even posted in the section of the forum. There is an iPhone section of this forum.

Anyway, Apple will figure it out. The phone was just released 2 weeks ago, damn, give them a break!
    would you say that if it was a blackberry?
    AZ87 likes this.
    10-31-11 09:34 AM
    would you say that if it was a blackberry?
    It would be hard to say if it were a BlackBerry.... With RIM you don't know if the problem WOULD ever be fixed I downloaded a number of official, unofficial and Hybrid OS for my STORM, none allowed the device to work as it should have been able to do.
    10-31-11 10:08 AM
    It would be hard to say if it were a BlackBerry.... With RIM you don't know if the problem WOULD ever be fixed I downloaded a number of official, unofficial and Hybrid OS for my STORM, none allowed the device to work as it should have been able to do.
    apple doesn't fix things either.. again.... i.e ip4 antenna issue..

and RIM does fix things.. as there is a post about security issues they found and they are patching..

battery life gets better every release... to a certain degree..

but yes... there are times when even OS upgrades won't fix issues that are not COMMON...

i do not know if you know anything about Code delivery and releases, but usually there is a priority and things to fix ASAP... some BUGS might not get fixed for several releases just due to their priority..

sometimes it's just those lemons that will never be like it's suppose to be..

both my wife and my iphone1 screens stopped working.. the bottom half of the screen did not respond to touch.. i got it replaced since the phone was less then a year old... happened again just after the year and i was SOL..
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-31-11 10:17 AM
    apple doesn't fix things either.. again.... i.e ip4 antenna issue.
    Yep, because the iP4S doesn't have any changes to the antenna structure at all which would fix any possible issues users might have had
    10-31-11 10:29 AM
    It looks like this law firm is about to file a class action over the battery drain issue.

Abington Cole | iPhone 4S Class Action
    10-31-11 10:35 AM
    It looks like this law firm is about to file a class action over the battery drain issue.

Abington Cole | iPhone 4S Class Action
    this is what is wrong with america...smh
    Jake2826 and Accidental Post like this.
    10-31-11 10:45 AM
    A lawsuit over battery drain...lawyers...SMH.....
    10-31-11 10:50 AM
    A lawsuit over battery drain...lawyers...SMH.....
    puhahaha.... sigh...
    10-31-11 11:18 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD