Actually GSM is older technology than CDMA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 10:57 AM
    The big question is, If the iPhone does go to a CDMA network will it be able to be able to be on a call and on the web at the same time?

Right now only GSM network supports this and i know Sprint's 4G or CMDA network doesnt have this availability.
    03-31-10 05:11 PM
    The big question is, If the iPhone does go to a CDMA network will it be able to be able to be on a call and on the web at the same time?

Right now only GSM network supports this and i know Sprint's 4G or CMDA network doesnt have this availability.
    Honestly, when I had the iphone 3g I NEVER surfed the web while talking on the phone. My friends that have the iphone 3g and 3gs do not use the capability either. I have no idea why that has become such a "key" feature now. Its quite ridiculous.
    04-03-10 05:17 AM

I rarely do this now, I don't know why they use this as a big selling point. Never have I seen anyone with a talk and surf device act the people on TV. Doesn't happen. But, no if (a GIGANTIC if) the iPhone comes to Verizon, you will not be able to talk and surf. Right now IMO, there is to many "ifs" and conflicts of interest that the iPhone will ever make it to Verizon.

How about the ability to complete a phone call? Will that be in the new iPhone?
    This is such ridiculous statement
    Last edited by jbdale; 04-03-10 at 08:03 AM.
    04-03-10 08:00 AM
    Will there be a 64GB version?

04-03-10 08:53 AM
    My iPhone took a swim in the pool, and now I'm using my old Curve. I miss my iPhone pretty bad. So, i'm just going to wait till the new one comes out and I'm going to get it. The only thing I can't stand on the iPhone is that you can't save your contacts on the Sim card. It all saves on iTunes and through the memory of the phone. So, I have 0 contacts on my Curve right now.

That's besides the point, I think the new look of the 4G looks really nice, I think it will sell more than any of the other phones, I hope they beef it up to where it doesn't break if something hits it like the others.
    04-03-10 02:15 PM
    Honestly, when I had the iphone 3g I NEVER surfed the web while talking on the phone. My friends that have the iphone 3g and 3gs do not use the capability either. I have no idea why that has become such a "key" feature now. Its quite ridiculous.
    I do this all the time. Not uncommon at all to be on the phone and forwarding a contact through email or while on the phone with an employee looking up web based project management or work orders. Having come from Verizon and a Blackberry Tour, I was blown away at how nice this is be it an iPhone or a GSM BlackBerry.
    04-03-10 11:50 PM
    I guess you just didn't need it, but this is a big feature for some. Like I'm on the internet a lot. There have been tons of time when soldiers call me about their da form 4856 (counseling), or whatever and I need to jump on ako to check files or look up info on what goes in ncoers (more army forums) and what not. And being able to be on the phone and while browsing to get info saves mentions of time and headaches.
    04-04-10 12:15 AM
    I just bought an iPhone 3gs 32 gb and I'm completely content with it. I've had every BlackBerry from the 8703e to the Storm2/Tour and I'm pretty damn amazed with this unit. I'd love to see a 4g come out and I won't feel hard pressed to go buy it looking for more like I have with every blackberry so far. I switched from vzw and actually like everything about att. I think that after the past few "iphone killers" verizon has launched the kind of burnt the bridge with apple. It's all about the dollar for any company these days but Verizon is by far the worst!

P.S. I have yet to drop a call on my iphone.
    04-04-10 11:46 AM
    I think it depends what they do with the 4th gen.

If its double the screen resolution, 1ghz A4 (like the ipad processor), back 5mp and front 1.3mp cameras, and more RAM, then it might be a significant upgrade from the 3G/3GS.

But no one will know until its close to official announcement.
    04-04-10 12:00 PM
    I think it depends what they do with the 4th gen.

If its double the screen resolution, 1ghz A4 (like the ipad processor), back 5mp and front 1.3mp cameras, and more RAM, then it might be a significant upgrade from the 3G/3GS.

But no one will know until its close to official announcement.
    If there is increased battery life (say of 25%), that would be significant enough for me. But I know what you're saying on the other features.
    04-04-10 12:30 PM
    I had a 3gs and now im on a tilt 2 with ATT. I will be eligible for an upgrade in july so if it is true that it has a 1ghz processor, and front facing camera(skype to its fullest). I was happy with the 3GS but i just wanted a change for a while. I will sell the Tilt 2 when the time comes if its worth it. Either that or go with Android but att is disappointing me with what they're doing with their Android devices.
    04-04-10 05:39 PM
    Apple is undoubtedly going put a better processor in the 4G. Maybe some more ram and a better resolution. They're definitely going to have some features in 4.0 that only the newest iPhone can make use of.
    04-04-10 06:59 PM
    Apple is undoubtedly going put a better processor in the 4G. Maybe some more ram and a better resolution. They're definitely going to have some features in 4.0 that only the newest iPhone can make use of.
    Which will be great just hope they dont do the whole spinning things and say we now have multi-tasking yay!
    04-04-10 09:14 PM
    The difference between 3G and 3GS wasn't great enough for me either
    04-05-10 08:48 PM
    The difference between 3G and 3GS wasn't great enough for me either
    Really? I think it was a great improvement.
    04-05-10 09:41 PM
    Yes it was faster and had a few new features but I think they could of done more
    04-05-10 10:19 PM
    Yes it was faster and had a few new features but I think they could of done more
    They could have added most of the stuff into the first iPhone, but if they did that, then they wouldn't get as many people buying the next generation iPhone. They add in just enough stuff to make people continue to buy the new iPhone.
    04-05-10 11:14 PM
    If all goes well. This will be an amazing addition to the iphone family.

Then i will regret re-upping my contract with the 3gs
    04-06-10 03:17 AM
    The transition from the 3G to the 3G S was only evolutionary. Im hoping that the change from the 3G S to the iPhone HD will be revolutionary. Ive had the 3G and now im using the 3G S and you notice the difference between the two. Im hoping todays new OS announcement will be a big one.
    04-08-10 10:37 AM
    So sad... No new iPhone confirmed.

Features are even sadder - my jailbroken 3G has quite everything offered.
    04-08-10 02:01 PM
    What's even sadder is that I keep reading these speculation threads, when I know I should just ignore them until it's announced.
    04-08-10 02:09 PM
    For the record OS 4.0 was previewed today for Devs...

Pure Software.

Hardware comes in June
    04-08-10 02:14 PM
    Will there be a 64GB version?

That's what I'm waiting on too. From every indication out there it seems like it is going to be included in the next refresh, but I guess we're going to have to wait until June to find out for sure.
    04-08-10 03:23 PM
    If the iPhone HD has a higher resolution and faster CPU than the Storm 3, I'm bailing on RIM.
    04-11-10 04:58 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD