And before anyone gets all upset that it's been posted before, the engadget link has a few extra updates to the article if you read in full.

WSJ: Apple 'developing new iPhone,' plus another for Verizon (update: iPhone HD, front-facing camera?) -- Engadget
    03-30-10 12:48 AM
    There's another update too. Launch to be June 22nd
    http://www.tipb.com/2010/03/29/fact-...0x640-display/
    03-30-10 02:07 AM
    What am wondering is since this is a totally different iPhone, i.e. HD, etc, etc, would it be better to wait for at least the first OS update after release before buying one?
    03-30-10 02:26 AM
    I will. At least right now I think I will wait. I'm excited about the front facing camera...
    I'm totally excited about it being in Verizon too...
    03-30-10 03:11 AM
    If it has a status light and a couple other little things that would fill my needs... I'm gonna leave bb for good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 05:09 AM
    I hope that it has a user removable battery and sd card storage, but I highly doubt that will happen. I look forward to the next gen iPhone, but I believe that Android and the Nexus One makes more sense for me.

03-30-10 08:07 AM
    I will try not to expect to much, it seems apples disappoints me lately. the 3GS was a disappointment to me and so was the Ipad...... I wish the Iphone Hd will be a nice surprise.
    03-30-10 08:59 AM
    I'm excited......the 3GS didn't work for me but I want to see if the 4G will...
    03-30-10 09:21 AM
    Same here..... i would like something that makes go "WOW" haven't got that "WOW" in a long time lol

I'm excited......the 3GS didn't work for me but I want to see if the 4G will...
    03-30-10 09:23 AM
    *crosses fingers* in hopes of an iPhone coming to vzw or it might be time to hit up the droid again.
    03-30-10 09:30 AM
    Just saw a news piece on FoxNews said that Iphone maybe coming to VZW in December? Got only the last 30 seconds of it and heard that only, so don't flame me for it please....................
    03-30-10 11:01 AM
    Just saw a news piece on FoxNews said that Iphone maybe coming to VZW in December? Got only the last 30 seconds of it and heard that only, so don't flame me for it please....................
    I saw that piece. They basically said that Apple's exclusivity with ATT is about to be over and that the iPhone is being made with CDMA technology. Nothing official that says it will be going to VZW or Sprint but they said that the CDMA technology would enable those carriers to get it. They also said that it would likely hit VZW around Christmas time, but again it was nothing official.
    03-30-10 11:08 AM
    Well the interesting thing it seems is that the iPhone HD will be on AT&T as usual and will be the new iPhone of course but this new separate iPhone for Verizon might not have the same specs (minus the CDMA radio of course) which will definitely suck.

I would definitely like the same iPhone on Verizon. A "lesser" model would definitely suck.
    03-30-10 12:11 PM
    If this is true I'm gonna return
    my 3gs and wait a couple months for the HD
    03-30-10 12:34 PM
    How about the ability to complete a phone call? Will that be in the new iPhone?
    03-30-10 02:04 PM
    I complete every phone call i make on my iPhone daily. What was wrong with yours.
    03-30-10 02:07 PM
    03-30-10 03:23 PM
    I wonder what's their definition of "near" LOL. That could mean in the next 6 months or 1 year. Just like if I said "my wife is coming home soon". To different people, soon means something different. But we will see. I hope it does go to verizon to relieve AT&T's network lol.
    03-30-10 03:26 PM
    I complete every phone call i make on my iPhone daily. What was wrong with yours.
    Doenst even have one
    03-30-10 04:09 PM
    Doubtful unless you are willing to sacrifice battery life.
    03-30-10 04:50 PM
    Why would Apple put a lesser version of the iphone on VZW? It will probably be the same as the one with AT&T and AT&T will start to lose business. VZW will have the Storm 2, Droid, and iPhone so why bother going to Sprint or AT&T? I can see Sprint simply because of the free mobile to mobile for any service feature but AT&T has nothing positive about them now. Even their customer service sucked a fat donkey rod when I called them with my complaints.
    03-30-10 10:18 PM
    Why would Apple put a lesser version of the iphone on VZW? It will probably be the same as the one with AT&T and AT&T will start to lose business. VZW will have the Storm 2, Droid, and iPhone so why bother going to Sprint or AT&T? I can see Sprint simply because of the free mobile to mobile for any service feature but AT&T has nothing positive about them now. Even their customer service sucked a fat donkey rod when I called them with my complaints.
    You never know with Apple, there are rumors that ATT is going to get the 4th Gen iPhone and VZW is going to get a CDMA version of the 3GS. One thing that I do know about Apple is that they hold a grudge and VZW has been using the iPhone in their anti ATT ads so that could be one reason that they will not give the newest iPhone to them. But again this is all rumor and until I see iPhone on any other network I really don't much care about all the hype.
    03-30-10 10:43 PM
    You never know with Apple, there are rumors that ATT is going to get the 4th Gen iPhone and VZW is going to get a CDMA version of the 3GS. One thing that I do know about Apple is that they hold a grudge and VZW has been using the iPhone in their anti ATT ads so that could be one reason that they will not give the newest iPhone to them. But again this is all rumor and until I see iPhone on any other network I really don't much care about all the hype.
    I think if VZW does get one it will be an older one, now lets not forget VZW launched it's own app store away from the BB app world and could be their intent on making up sales from Apple getting the majority of the iPhone sales... which would make sense.. compare other phones such as the old razr and krzr series... they were 1000% nicer equipped phones on ATT vs VZW or Alltel at the time...

Wouldn't surprise me if VZW wants it's own app world on the their iPhone IF they get one... makes sense since they try milk every dime they can out of their customers....
    03-31-10 01:05 AM
    not to mention preliminary testing now before they possibly get the iPhone
    03-31-10 01:06 AM
    Why would Apple give a lesser version to VZW??

To give them a clue..... CDMA is ancient at best!!. I heard all the Big companies that used to have cdma networks sold them to Cuba and Kazakstan and went to GSM. LOL LOL
    Verizon!!! Sheesh!!

03-31-10 05:36 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD