Hey everyone!! I'm new here and was lurking around for a few months. I just wanted to express how happy i was because I got a 16GB black iPhone 3GS today!!!

I gotta admit that I never really cared for an iPhone until I played with my nephew's iPod touch. Very easy to use and has a more intuitive and exciting operating system.

I've loved my Bold and it's been a great phone but sad to say I'll be giving it away to a friend who will be new to the BB world.

I can't wait to learn more about my iPhone and man, the web browser is way better than the one on my BB. Even the bolt and opera mini browsers don't compare. Opera was too buggy and Bolt always got stuck at 20%. Safari is amazingly fast and just works well.

So the iPhone is definitely a phone for me. And wow, that app store is huge. I just downloaded tap tap and I love it. I heard people talk about jailbreak but I don't wanna lose my warranty and I heard it slows down the phone.

Anyway, love my new phone and look forward to 4.0 coming in a few months!!!!
    03-05-10 11:13 AM
    Cool stuff. You'll see both devices are great.
    03-05-10 12:31 PM
    Haha I bought my iPod touch and it's better than using my Bold! It's great for web use and other Ill ****. I'll keep my Bold for my email and texting and messaging, but the iPod was a breath of fresh air. Glad I bought one. I can even type faster on it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 12:37 PM
    Yeah that iPod touch can make you really want an iPhone. It's the reason why I got one. I bought a mac a couple years ago and they were running a special (because the old macs were going out) that if you bought a mac you get an iPod touch for free. So I didn't pay to much attention to the touch because I already had another iPod and was getting my computer setup. After a couple days I turned it on and started playing around with it and at the time I was using a Curve 8330 on VZW. So I thought to myself "If the iPod touch is this great, I gotta get an iPhone"! Needless to say 2 days later I was porting my numbers over to AT&T in an Apple store getting both my wife and an iPhone.

I'd bet a lot of iPhone purchases came about because of the iPod touch.
    03-05-10 12:58 PM

I'd bet a lot of iPhone purchases came about because of the iPod touch.
    I'd agree with that big time.
    I always just kinda laughed at iPhone users, thought it was a cool toy, until 3 of the 4 in my house got an Ipod touch for Christmas last year.

Now I get it.

Being an IT Professional...there's so much more I can do with an itouch.

I would say this. If Email, Calendar, Texting are the most critical thing you do...a Blackberry is the king, especially tied to a corporate Exchange/BES server.

But if you want to really, really use the web...I feel the Ipod/Iphone is the king.

I'm on my second 'berry, and have used a host of mobile phones, new "droid included for testing.

I could damn near spend all day in the app store.

When they released the Ipad, I was really hoping there would be a Verizon partnership announced. I hate ATT and we use Big Red for my company...
    ATT just doesn't work in some of the places our stores are at...too bad.
    03-05-10 02:59 PM

I could damn near spend all day in the app store.
    lmao, i got that app store bug now. It's crazy.
    03-05-10 10:55 PM
    If Email, Calendar, Texting are the most critical thing you do...a Blackberry is the king, especially tied to a corporate Exchange/BES server.
    I really want to know where people get this notion BB is the king of email, calendar, and texting. Ok Ill give it has a keyboard so texting is easier, but thats preference.

iPhone has the same push email at least for the major email services- Yahoo, Gmail, MS Exchange; better HTML email rendering; no truncation of emails; no 2mb attachment limit; and full folders/contact and calendar sync out of the box. I cant think of one thing its really better at, and compared to BIS anything is better.

It has a calendar too that works just fine, and looks a ton better than the 1990's looking BB calendar. Both you enter a start and end time, subject, location, repeat, alarm, notes, invites, etc. I dont see the BB being any better at calendar.

I dont think BB is king at any of those anymore outside of a preference to have a real keyboard. It was maybe king 5-10 years ago when it was RIM and Palm (and somewhat Windows Mobile just starting out), but other smartphones do just fine on all of those functions.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-06-10 at 12:24 AM.
    03-06-10 12:12 AM
    Hey everyone!! I'm new here and was lurking around for a few months. I just wanted to express how happy i was because I got a 16GB black iPhone 3GS today!!!

I gotta admit that I never really cared for an iPhone until I played with my nephew's iPod touch. Very easy to use and has a more intuitive and exciting operating system.

I've loved my Bold and it's been a great phone but sad to say I'll be giving it away to a friend who will be new to the BB world.

I can't wait to learn more about my iPhone and man, the web browser is way better than the one on my BB. Even the bolt and opera mini browsers don't compare. Opera was too buggy and Bolt always got stuck at 20%. Safari is amazingly fast and just works well.

So the iPhone is definitely a phone for me. And wow, that app store is huge. I just downloaded tap tap and I love it. I heard people talk about jailbreak but I don't wanna lose my warranty and I heard it slows down the phone.

Congrats... welcome to the other side.... I made the jump in Dec... so glad I did myself...
    03-06-10 12:34 AM
    I really want to know where people get this notion BB is the king of email, calendar, and texting. Ok Ill give it has a keyboard so texting is easier, but thats preference.

iPhone has the same push email at least for the major email services- Yahoo, Gmail, MS Exchange; better HTML email rendering; no truncation of emails; no 2mb attachment limit; and full folders/contact and calendar sync out of the box. I cant think of one thing its really better at, and compared to BIS anything is better.

It has a calendar too that works just fine, and looks a ton better than the 1990's looking BB calendar. Both you enter a start and end time, subject, location, repeat, alarm, notes, invites, etc. I dont see the BB being any better at calendar.

I dont think BB is king at any of those anymore outside of a preference to have a real keyboard. It was maybe king 5-10 years ago when it was RIM and Palm (and somewhat Windows Mobile just starting out), but other smartphones do just fine on all of those functions.
    Exactly. I've set up 3 of my email accounts on my iPhone and they all work just fine. It's also extremely simple to set up and use.
    03-06-10 12:38 AM

Congrats on the iPhone.
    03-06-10 12:58 AM
    Im nervous about making the switch, i want to try an iphone so bad!
    03-06-10 11:19 AM
    i got an ipod touch for valentines day and have been loving it ever since. and now that mlb at bat app has came out and i have the mlb.tv subscription, i dont ever let it out of my sight. my only complaint is with the touch i have to rely on wifi to get on the internet. i am seriously thinking about switching from bb tour to iphone for the constant internet. that way i never miss a pitch...lol
    03-06-10 06:29 PM
    im loving mines too! just bought it today. but i cant figure out how to put it on vibrate. i thought i did but when i get a text it rings... anyone can tell me step by step how to?
    03-06-10 09:28 PM
    Yea I'm going to have to say a lot of iPod touches gave people the motivation to purchase iPhones. The biggest seller for the iPhone though was the iPhone itself. Like Steve Jobs always says the thing just sales itself. People see them an are just awed by their simplicity, ingenuity, and incredibly large app store. "it all just works" Steve Jobs
    03-06-10 09:39 PM
    My bad things is, I just got my BB Tour in December with a brand new contract. So, I am going to have to wait a while for an iPhone. :-(

Now if I or anyone else could figured out how to tether from BB to iTouch, I would be set...lol.
    03-07-10 10:22 AM
    Yea I'm going to have to say a lot of iPod touches gave people the motivation to purchase iPhones. The biggest seller for the iPhone though was the iPhone itself. Like Steve Jobs always says the thing just sales itself. People see them an are just awed by their simplicity, ingenuity, and incredibly large app store. "it all just works" Steve Jobs
    That's true, the iPhone is a neat phone. My brother has one, and I'll play with it from time to time. My only complaint is the keyboard. I guess my thumbs are too big.
    03-07-10 12:51 PM
    okay , so why are you even bothering trying to sell us on an iphone on a blackberry forum? must be the water you drink. I have had about every phone you can name. BB 8530 that I have now beats everyone of them.
    03-07-10 01:01 PM
    okay , so why are you even bothering trying to sell us on an iphone on a blackberry forum? must be the water you drink. I have had about every phone you can name. BB 8530 that I have now beats everyone of them.
    I know what you mean. Since I switched to the iPhone, I'm really struggling without having to deal with emails and attachments that are truncated.
    03-07-10 04:26 PM

last time I check YOU ventured into the IPHONE subforum No ones forcing you to be in this subforum. Wow, shocker, people in the iphone subforum like the.....wait for it...IPHONE!!

I know what you mean. Since I switched to the iPhone, I'm really struggling without having to deal with emails and attachments that are truncated.

HAHA tell me about it. Damn you true formatted email, good HTML rendering, unlimited attachment size, no truncation, and full folder and contact/calendar sync out of the box without paying $15 extra!
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-07-10 at 04:34 PM.
    03-07-10 04:31 PM
    Congrats on the iPhone. Stopped using it for the 9700+Pre combo & couldn't replace the iPhone at all.

After jailbreaking and using biteSMS & a couple of other jailbreak apps, it can't be replaced.
    03-07-10 07:04 PM
    I agree with you on the browser. I have my BB Tour and use it for emails, texts, IMs and calls, but never for the browser. I have an iPod Touch and LOVE it! I have been considering getting an iPhone and carrying both a Berry and iPhone since my work pays for my Berry

Glad to hear your liking your iPhone, keep me updated on how it is, because I may end up getting one in a couple months.
    03-07-10 11:09 PM

I pondered the same thing in another thread. I think it's the last little thread Blackberry users are holding on to. They don't have anything else. I'm a Storm 1 user and keep waiting on my contract to be up, and then I'll pay the ETF for my wife's curve and then we'll be an iPhone family. It's just that much better at everything. And I'm a BES admin so I'll still support Blackberry but it's slowly going away at my office as users opt to get iPhones. We're about half and half now and we've been a blackberry corporate user for 6 years and iPhone were only OK'd last year. Can't believe iPhone overtook blackberry that fast at my office, but not surprised.
    03-09-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD