I've been on a BB for a couple of years now, but am considering switching the 4S in December when my contract is up. My primary questions deal with sync'ing data, emails, programs, calendars, etc.

For email, does the iPhone sync with Outlook?

What about Contacts? I use outlook to manage all my contacts as well as email. I also use gmail as well.

For the calendar, I use PocketInformant. How does this Sync?

For other programs, like eWallet, where I use my desktop to sync with my BB, how is this accomplished with the iPhone?

Can you hook up your iPhone to your computer and read it through Explorer like the BB? How do you transfer photos, video?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but these are the main questions regarding day to day operations that I'm just not sure of.

Thanks for the help...
    10-14-11 02:42 PM
    There is an iPhone website that may be able to give you better info on this. Just click on the iPhone/iPad link. Good luck.
    10-14-11 02:48 PM
    No dumb questions at all.

iTunes is the core of syncing between desktop and phone and with iOS5 you can do it wirelessly.

Yes you can sync with outlook.

I see you use gmail. Great if you setup gmail as an exchange account on the phone everything syncs through the google cloud.

eWallet has an iPhone app that works well ask AVT123.

You can actually use a program called iPhone explorer to navigate thought our phone. But, as said before iTunes handles the photos, music, videos and apps.
    10-14-11 02:51 PM
    ^^^ I am sure OP knows where else to find info, but as a CB vet, he/she may want to hear the perspectives of BB users/enthusiasts.
    There is an iPhone website that may be able to give you better info on this. Just click on the iPhone/iPad link. Good luck.
    And also an Iphone forum right here that he asked in....man you were a lot of help.....
    And also an Iphone forum right here that he asked in....man you were a lot of help.....
    Yeah, no doubt.. lol... that's why I posted here. besides, I thought I was in the iPhone/iPad forum? Besides, what better place to ask questions and get straight answers than from the CB forum?

Thanks for the replies... I guess it's not all that hard to work out, once you get the hang of it.

Cant' wait until December when my ATT BB contract is up..
    10-14-11 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD