Is there any way or any plans in progress that would allow you to access play the games from facebook on your iPhone such as farmville etc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 02:34 PM
    since these require a flash player, and Steve jobs thinks flash players are outdated and useless

no
    03-11-10 02:55 PM
    Outdated and useless? No.

Lazy? Yes.
    03-11-10 03:19 PM
    Ya it totally sucks on a phone so good in everything we can't do something so simple

03-11-10 03:40 PM
    Here we go again. Yes Steve and Apple hate Flash, and so do I for that matter. HTML 5 is going to replace it in the near future anyway so I don' think it will be that big of a deal. What would be cool is to see an app for Farmville, I know there is one that is just like Fish World so I am sure that it can be done.
    03-11-10 05:17 PM
    Here we go again. Yes Steve and Apple hate Flash, and so do I for that matter. HTML 5 is going to replace it in the near future anyway so I don' think it will be that big of a deal.
    I dont think HTML5 will replace Flash anytime in the near future. Certain companies have drummed up a lot of hype about HTML5 and I think a lot of people have misconceptions about what HTML5 really is and capable of. HTML5 will start to make its way in to video/audio sites (ie youtube has a beta HTML5 site), but things such as online games are much more complex.

Theres also the fact that there are browsers that dont even fully support HTML4, not to mention millions (roughly 10%) of people still running IE6 as an example. Remember when java applets (not javascript) were the standard for anything that required something HTML couldnt provide, it took years and years to move away from that, and youll still find sites using it.

Here are some articles I found that might help explain it a little better, theres lots of info if you google HTML5 replace Flash.

HTML 5 vs Adobe Flash
    Technoracle (a.k.a. "Duane's World"): My thoughts on HTML 5, Flash and Innovation
    Giz Explains: Why HTML5 Isn't Going to Save the Internet - HTML5 - Gizmodo

I had a hard time finding many articles with any techinical merit as to HTML5 replacing Flash but here's one: HTML 5 Versus Flash/Flex | Bex Huff
    03-11-10 05:49 PM
    I dont think HTML5 will replace Flash anytime in the near future. Certain companies have drummed up a lot of hype about HTML5 and I think a lot of people have misconceptions about what HTML5 really is and capable of. HTML5 will start to make its way in to video/audio sites (ie youtube has a beta HTML5 site), but things such as online games are much more complex.

Theres also the fact that there are browsers that dont even fully support HTML4, not to mention millions (roughly 10%) of people still running IE6 as an example. Remember when java applets (not javascript) were the standard for anything that required something HTML couldnt provide, it took years and years to move away from that, and youll still find sites using it.

Here are some articles I found that might help explain it a little better, theres lots of info if you google HTML5 replace Flash.

HTML 5 vs Adobe Flash
    Technoracle (a.k.a. "Duane's World"): My thoughts on HTML 5, Flash and Innovation
    Giz Explains: Why HTML5 Isn't Going to Save the Internet - HTML5 - Gizmodo

I had a hard time finding many articles with any techinical merit as to HTML5 replacing Flash but here's one: HTML 5 Versus Flash/Flex | Bex Huff
    I guess that "near future was a bit of a stretch. And for the record I agree that HTML 5 will never kill Flash, I am a Web Dev so I am just very excited about 5 and very sick of Flash. Thanks for the links I am always interested in what's new in the web space and never have time to read all my RSS feeds so it's great when others like you share information that you have found.
    03-11-10 08:24 PM
    Try Tap Farm.....Not Farmville but yea Close Enough
    Just found it browsing thru app world.
    03-12-10 04:21 PM
    This is one of the top three reasons I didn't get another iPhone. And not because of FarmVille, lol, but because of the lack of Flash in general. It is THE reason I didn't preorder an iPad as well.
    03-15-10 02:45 AM
    This is one of the top three reasons I didn't get another iPhone. And not because of FarmVille, lol, but because of the lack of Flash in general. It is THE reason I didn't preorder an iPad as well.
    Yup, well, that is the same reason for me, no Flash. There was some discussion that Flash was not included but that HTLM5 would be soon because that was imminent. Now according to this thread it seems the inclusion of HTML5 may not be that imminent.
    Too bad. I would have tried it out.

03-15-10 07:00 AM
    yes..the no flash is killing me. thinkin about getting an n900 to replace the iphone.
    03-15-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD