ok so i was getting ready to go to bed when i see this update for facebook i download it and then try to open it the program kept crashing so i rebooted and tried again the phone sat on the facebook screen for 20 mins and wouldnt close so i did a hard reset (home+power) and then the device wouldnt turn back on in other words would come up to the apple sit there for 2 mins and then shut off i called apple for help on the only other phone i had. they said that they had been getting lots of calls about it and that it seemed to be an issue with the device they then said they would send me a replacement box but also told me of another step i could try which was the forced restore i tried that after getting off the phone with the rep and that didnt do anythign for me. so i went into work the nxt day only to talk to my cowokers to find out it was crashing some blackberrys that were in the office that didnt have issues till updating the app and that it was a known issue. i finally got the box to send my iphone in send it in and waited got a message 2 days later that the issue was confirmed and they shipped a replacement. they sent a tracking number and saturday my bf tells me that the neihbors saw fed ex and that they didnt leave the box so i called fed e with the tracking number and they said that that box was delevered on the 1st when my replacement phone was shipped on the 3rd so i called apple and was wotrking with a rep after being on hold for 30 mins the rep came back on the phone and gave me a case id "incase the call dropped" and then when he put me on hold it hung up. so i called back and had to start all over so after 40 mins longer on the phone they rep says oh look there isnt a tracking number listed for the replacement shipped. so he gets the number and gives it to me i call fed ex when im right in front of my house and they say they r going to close at 4 i look at my clock and see its 20 mins till four and im across town so i have to speed across town end up on a dead end and i can see the building i was looking for across a big field and i have only 5 mins to get there so i have to jump out of my car and run for it i get there 1 min before they close and finally get my phone. excited i go to my car and drive home only to realize i have to spend the nxt 3 hours restoring my phone to make it work. wow.....i hope i never have to do that again. and now with my new phone it says facebook update and i look at it a cring.... no way im i going to risk that update right now..... has this happened to you.?
    09-07-09 03:29 PM
    man that sucks. I don't use facebook so I have no experience with it but wish you would have came here first with the issue. its incredibly difficult to brick the phone, restoring works alot but if that doesn't running in dfu will. If facebook is causing the issue then don't touch an update until you hear of another one
    09-07-09 06:38 PM
    ok, no offense, but try paraphrasing things.. 1 huge paragraph makes my head start to spin..

that does suck tho..the FB update didn't screw my device.

No apple store near you? could of had a new device in 10 minutes.
    09-08-09 01:48 PM
    unfortunately the closest one is 3 hours away and i didnt have the gas money to get there
    09-11-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD