Hey Guys! Just got my IPhone 3GS Tuesday & I love it! The only thing I hate or cant figure out is how to get my FaceBook Push Notification to work! I have the push turned on, the Shake to Reload is off! Any suggestions?
    04-22-10 07:16 PM
    It's not 100%, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I only have badge notification on now. That seems to work most of the time...
    04-23-10 07:10 AM
    Wow! Never had that happen with my BB! But overall I love my IPhone!
    04-23-10 11:00 AM
    It definitely works when it wants to. It's a continual work in progress.
    04-23-10 03:44 PM
    Mine only worked the first day push notifications were available.

Since then, they haven't worked.

Which is fine for me.

I really dont want people with spying eyes seeing my messages, or wall posts.
    04-23-10 05:03 PM
    Well mine is driving me nuts! Im so done with it!
    04-23-10 06:12 PM
    Mine have been on and off. I just look for the emails that come in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 06:55 PM
    Do the emails tell you what status' the person is commenting on?
    I didn't think it did, and that always bothered me...

Nonetheless, I quite like having just the badge notification. That way I can open it IF I want to

Mine have been on and off. I just look for the emails that come in.

04-23-10 07:05 PM
    Yes the emails come! That's how I new it wasn't working!

04-24-10 09:25 AM
    I would suggest uninstalling and re installing and hopefully it will work. The first time i installed it, it was working fine. I just reinstalled it not too long ago(went to blackberry then back to iphone again) and i don't receive notifications like i used to.
    04-28-10 02:56 PM
    i have had nothing but issues with the push notifications from the actual facebook app itself. i purchased the boxcar service for it, but its kinda hit and miss sometimes too for some reason. the best solution is just to use email. i send it to my mobile me so i get push kinda whenever anyone does anything on my facebook acct. but like navi said, it wont tell you what they are responding to, and that can get kinda confusing sometimes. lol
    04-28-10 03:30 PM
    I will say this, and this is mainly because I've been testing with Boxcar. If a notification comes in on your Facebook account (online), and the RED icon is NOT showing in Facebook, i.e. in the notifications section etc, etc, the iPhone app, nor Boxcar will give a PUSH. Sometimes the RED notification on the Facebook website does not show till hours later...
    A lot of the time Facebook will get new comments\updates to post\status' etc, BUT, it NEVER updates the notification section of Facebook (online), thus again the lack of notification on iPhone\Boxcar...

The reason the BlackBerry works so well is because it's using your email notifcation, and since that is virtually instant, you always get notifications...

As an alternative, you could turn your email notifications on. Then again, who wants to do that, it's only Facebook after all
    04-28-10 07:37 PM
    After 5 or 6 uninstall and install it final works! I still don't get a notification all the time but it works! I say its works about 75% of the time!
    05-01-10 07:50 PM
    Notifications don't work on my BB or Ipod touch. Is it because I have FB on both devices? (i don't have a clue)
    05-09-10 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD