So I just switched from BB storm to iPhone 2 days ago and liking it except the FB app on BB apparently made me lazy!! I dont like that i have to constantly open the damn app to see if someone wrote on my status/wall, etc. On the BB it put it right there on my phone when it was new. I know you can push the email with the normal email app but is there a way to make FB push and show a new notification signal BEFORE going in the app. Also the only other thing I miss (other than the handy LED light) is the gmail app with BB pushed and the one on here doesn't seem to only the normal email app. Any suggestions?
    07-17-09 03:11 PM
    ok well just set up your facebook to send you an email anytime someone writes on your wall etc. thats what i do with email sent to push i get notification through email to go check. there is a stand alone gmail app with push support i believe but i have yet to try it. the push email on iphone still is nto as good as the BB since it is not instant but is fairly quick for my needs and if you are emailing back and forth there is always manual retrieve. but it works for me.

as far as email support BB will continue to shine.
    07-17-09 03:28 PM
    It's coming soon according to the Facebook creators for the iPhone. Probably September/October time frame from what I hear.

Until then, follow Reaper for the email to be sent. You can create a yahoo email just for that so it doesn't get confusing.
    07-17-09 06:01 PM
    there is a stand alone gmail app with push support i believe but i have yet to try it.
    Which app is this? I would love a Gmail App that provides push. I use to have my Gmail account forward to my MobileMe account for push. The only good Gmail app I can find is AppGmail but it doesn't have push.
    07-17-09 06:57 PM
    Which app is this? I would love a Gmail App that provides push. I use to have my Gmail account forward to my MobileMe account for push. The only good Gmail app I can find is AppGmail but it doesn't have push.
    i am not sure if it has push or not but i ahve seen it in the app store just type gmail in the search and it should be the first application that comes up in itunes search
    07-18-09 02:14 AM
    It's coming "soon," but no exact date yet. Later this summer, 3.1 will finally bring push notifications.
    07-18-09 02:23 AM
    NuevaSync - Over the Air Mobile Sync brings push Gmail for $25/yr
    07-18-09 10:29 AM
    i am not sure if it has push or not but i ahve seen it in the app store just type gmail in the search and it should be the first application that comes up in itunes search
    Yea it's App Gmail. No push but it is a nice app.
    07-18-09 03:44 PM
    NuevaSync - Over the Air Mobile Sync brings push Gmail for $25/yr
    I'll think about that. Already have MobileMe so I'm not sure if I want to spend an extra $25 a year on email. Looks good though.
    07-18-09 03:45 PM
    you can also go into the desktop version of facebook and have sms turned on. you can customize when facebook sends you an sms. pretty neat and is almost push. although i find that sometimes the sms seems to be very very late!! as in i think my kids are up at 4 in the morn when they updated something earlier in the afternoon.
    07-18-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD