Don't you agree?

You'd think, that whoever is responsible for the Facebook app, at least make it somewhat comparable to other phones but no.

I'm not just talking out of my a$$.

Here are the shortcomings:

1. The GUI (graphical interface) is plain Horrible. You click on the facebook app and you are greeted with a bunch of icons representing Profile/News Feed/Friends etc. Then you got one lonely (notes) menu link on the 2nd page!!!

2. From this menu on, the "messages" display the number of messages in your inbox, REGARDLESS if you have read them or not! So basically you need to keep the number of messages you have received previously in memory in order to remember how many new messages you may have gotten, especially if you dismissed the notification earlier!

The horrendous ideas just keep going on from this.

3. Click on the "news feed" and you will have to scroll up to find any new updates, until you get to the top and pull down to have the app update the newest feeds. Stupid! Instead of displaying the newest ones already why the fck I have to pull down and update all over again???

4. Your profile: There are millions and millions of complaints how it sucks to upload a picture from your camera. You will get an error many times, other times it will upload, but it's buggy as ****.

5. Comments through the push service.

Sure, you will have the notifications showing, but let's say someone comments on your picture, and clicking on it, will direct you into your facebook picture gallery and you have ABSOLUTELY no idea, which picture was commented on!! WTF?

Same deal with other general comments to yours, many times it fails to display the note you have made, or indicate exactly what topic was commented.

6. Birthday reminders. Nonexistent through push notifications. Enough said.
    02-13-11 06:21 PM
    Don't you agree?

You'd think, that whoever is responsible for the Facebook app, at least make it somewhat comparable to other phones but no.

1. The GUI (graphical interface) is plain Horrible. You click on the facebook app and you are greeted with a bunch of icons representing Profile/News Feed/Friends etc. Then you got one lonely (notes) menu link on the 2nd page!!!

What's wrong with that? I click on "News Feed" and there I am.

2. From this menu on, the "messages" display the number of messages in your inbox, REGARDLESS if you have read them or not! So basically you need to keep the number of messages you have received previously in memory in order to remember how many new messages you may have gotten, especially if you dismissed the notification earlier!

I agree with that.

3. Click on the "news feed" and you will have to scroll up to find any new updates, until you get to the top and pull down to have the app update the newest feeds. Stupid! Instead of displaying the newest ones already why the fck I have to pull down and update all over again???

I don't understand the inconvenience of this lol. When I open the app and
    go to the news feed, it automatically refreshes. If I happen to not exit the
    app for a while and go back to my news feed, of course I'll have to pull down
    to refresh. What's the big deal if I have to go to the top to do it?

4. Your profile: There are millions and millions of complaints how it sucks to upload a picture from your camera. You will get an error many times, other times it will upload, but it's buggy as ****.

I agree with this. In all honesty it's gotten a lot better for my experience. But
    then again I'm not the type to post a bunch of pics. I think I only have like
    7 pictures in one album.

Sure, you will have the notifications showing, but let's say someone comments on your picture, and clicking on it, will direct you into your facebook picture gallery and you have ABSOLUTELY no idea, which picture was commented on!! WTF?

Same deal with other general comments to yours, many times it fails to display the note you have made, or indicate exactly what topic was commented.

When someone comments on one of my or anyone else's photo, the notification
    takes me directly to the picture. Sometimes what happens is that people
    actually comment on the album instead of the actual picture.

I gave up on push notifications as they virtually suck on the Android platform
    as well as iOS. I've used them both so I just stick with e-mail notifications.
    My replies are above in red. Overall, the FB iPhone app is by far the best FB
    app out there. I've used the BB one which sucks. The Android app is pretty
    good but still wasn't up to par with the iPhone.
    02-13-11 06:58 PM
    IMO iPhone's Facebook app is the best of any mobile platform. Android's is ok but needs improvement and Blackberry's is simply the worst.
    02-13-11 07:51 PM
    I agree with the rest.... iP4 FB app is the better compaired to Android and BB. The only rpoblem I have had is uploading pics... it would be nice to have the option in the camera roll, and uploading through Fb won't work even if the pic isn't taken in HD. Still haven't figured it out... everything else is breeze and super responsive. Oh yeah, and if you shake the phone it will refresh your news feed!
    02-14-11 09:22 AM
    I actually think the iPhone FB app is the best. On Android you have to go to the mobile site too much to do things that you can do in the app on iPhone. And I also like it more than the blackberry app. But of course it's user preference.
    02-14-11 09:53 AM
    IMO iPhone's Facebook app is the best of any mobile platform. Android's is ok but needs improvement and Blackberry's is simply the worst.

Agreed as well ...
    02-14-11 11:07 AM
    I actually think the iPhone FB app is the best. On Android you have to go to the mobile site too much to do things that you can do in the app on iPhone. And I also like it more than the blackberry app. But of course it's user preference.
    That was the thing that irked me the most. At times I just found myself using
    the mobile site instead for most things. But all in all, the Android app is at a
    very, very close second to the iPhone app. Of course I don't base this on push
    notifications because those suck on both platforms. I found the BB app to have
    by far the best push notifications. I'll give it that.
    02-14-11 11:37 AM
    That was the thing that irked me the most. At times I just found myself using
    the mobile site instead for most things. But all in all, the Android app is at a
    very, very close second to the iPhone app. Of course I don't base this on push
    notifications because those suck on both platforms. I found the BB app to have
    by far the best push notifications. I'll give it that.
    Agreed. Blackberry's notifications are the best. I would hardly get any on Android and we all know iPhone's notification system isn't as good as Android and blackberry. But as far as features and capabilities of the apps, I easily say the iPhone app is better. And like you I found my self going to the mobile facebook site more because the app would take me there anyway for what I wanted to do.
    02-14-11 11:52 AM
    def disagree with original poster, I think the iphone facebook app is way better than the BB app and also nicer than the android version because you can do more.
    02-14-11 04:36 PM
    I have tried FB on iPhone, Android, and BB. The BB one sucks bad. IPhone is very nice. Maybe a bug or two. Android is decent but not quite as good as iPhone
    02-14-11 04:42 PM
    I remain defiant. I might make a better one myself and put it up to the app store.
    02-14-11 05:18 PM
    Sorry, but I read this yesterday, and have to agree with those that like it.
    02-14-11 05:37 PM
    I don't use FaceBook, or any social networking site for that matter, but for those who do, I know the iPhone version is the best available out of any mobile platform.
    02-14-11 06:27 PM
    I like the iPhone facebook app. Recently I have been using my 9700 and really hate how the bb platform looks on it. Although... I do love my social scope app on my bb.

Here's to hoping social scope comes to iPhone.
    02-14-11 09:15 PM
    Don't you agree?

Obvious Troll is Obvious.

iPhone's FaceBook app is the best FaceBook app currently on any OS.
    02-16-11 11:47 AM
    I have the iPod touch. I wanna slap the person that once said the iPhone version was better than the desktop version because they're crazy. All mobile Facebook apps are just decent. I've used them all.

The Facebook iPhone app is a little better but then again it's been out the longest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 08:27 PM
    I've used the BlackBerry, Android and now iPhone Facebook apps and the iPhone is far and above the best.
    02-17-11 12:25 PM
    Simple and effective. Nuff said.

Never happened to me, I've used it on an iPod Touch but I doubt that makes any difference.

Again, auto-update. No problems there. Where it did fail to refresh automatically, a simple shake did the trick, regardless of how far down the page I am.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, my iPod Touch didn't have a camera so I couldn't upload pics anyway.

Haha, every time I clicked on a notification, except where it says commented on your photo album, it SHOWED me the item commented.

Yet on my BlackBerry, all it does is add contacts' birthdays I manually link to BlackBerry Contacts into the Calender. And even THEN I don't always get a push notification reminder. Easy enough to just add a birthday entry to the iPhone calender. At least you CAN view birthdays on it... More than I can say for BlackBerry.

All in all, your opinion is based on an obvious vendetta against Apple. I hate Apple as much as Leeds hates Manchester United (basically, Leeds fans like to go on mass murder sprees of Man U fans a LOT, I know, I live in Leeds), but even I accept that their iPhone app is superior to BlackBerry.
    02-17-11 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD