I've had an iPhone for a while now and I'm planning on getting a Bold 9000 in a week or two. I'll probably have both on me at all times since I need the iPhone for browsing and BBM for keeping in touch with my friends (reason why I'm getting a Bold).

Any words of wisdom for me? Whats it been like for you guys in a similar situation? What's the experience of having both at the same time been like?
    11-03-09 05:17 PM
    i sold my 3g today and had to use my bold until i went back to att to get my 3gs. i felt lost. i couldnt remember what did what, and i was having the worst time trying to type out text messages. i was dissapointed that i lost that much in just a little bit of time. you should enjoy having both devices though.
    11-03-09 05:39 PM
    I prefer my 8900 over my iphone by a huge margin because my phone is primarily used for email I'm and RSS as well as being a phone. But if you use your phone mostly for internet and music then the iPhone is better. I personally use my iPhone for nothing more than an iPod and browser now. BlackBerry has won me over as the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 06:00 PM
    Man. I had a totally different experience. I really tried to love the Black Berry Storm,but after 11 months of freeze ups ans OS updates, I've given up. I got an iPhone yesterday and am really enjoying it. I do miss some features like the call log history and the ability to delete individual call log items. It was also nice to be able to create seperate folders for pictures and delete and move them from one folder to the other. Maybe one can. I haven't figured it out yet

11-03-09 06:21 PM
    After having the iPhone and G1 I became bored with touch screens....I like having buttons ....I love my 8900 and would never trade it in. I am very happy with it after many months. I could never say the same for the other phones I've owned.

11-03-09 06:28 PM
    I prefer my 8900 over my iphone by a huge margin because my phone is primarily used for email I'm and RSS as well as being a phone. But if you use your phone mostly for internet and music then the iPhone is better.
    Good advice there. If you need a keyboard for email or text an iphone wont do it for you. Its ok to type on but long emails will make you want to tear your hair out sometimes.

But the media and apps on the iphone is unbeatable

My suggestion is always get a BB and an ipod if you need they keyboard, then you have both worlds. Used ipod touches arent that expensive on ebay anymore with the new models out- under $200 and they still have wifi and bluetooth and can use all the same apps (besides the camera ones since it has no camera)
    11-03-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD