Since the Storm2 forums are a little dead at the moment (Proud Storm2 owner who some how is addicted to the OS leaks since transitioning from the Storm1) and I know we are all waiting for a leak for the Storm2. Especially to separate those annoying e-mail messages from showing up in the message folder Here is a little interesting video that goes into details showing a side by side comparison of the new Verizon Droid vs the iPhone 3Gs. I must admit, for a new contender the Droid actually broke even with iPhone's latest and greatest 3Gs until throwing in a last score based on who won the most rounds. But if you think about the fact that this is Motorolla's first injection into the Droid touch screen era and packing such a punch, it's actually scary to think how powerful the subsequent Motorlla Droids can just get from this point on. Cast your opinions, let me know what you think

CNET Prizefight: Motorola Droid vs. Apple iPhone 3GS - CNET.com
    11-11-09 09:47 AM
    Cool. This would go perfectly in the iPhone or Droid forums. Or both!!
    11-11-09 09:52 AM
    Why would you post this here? It has absolutely nothing to do with the storm.
    11-11-09 09:54 AM
    Why would you post this here? It has absolutely nothing to do with the storm.
    Read my intro. I said since the Storm2 forums are a little dead! here is an interesting video to kill time. I'm a Storm2 owner myself. But you have to admit we can't be bias and it's interesting to know how Verizon's 3G compares to AT&T's 3G. Or we can just go back to being quiet and wait patiently for a LEAK! Seems to be all that we do.
    11-11-09 10:00 AM
    I hate the Iphone with a passion simply because all my roomates have one haha. But to be honest Iphone > Droid, you just cant compare.
    11-11-09 10:01 AM
    Besides as a Storm2 owner it's still interesting to see what the competition is doing. Don't you agree? Does anyone agree? or is this going to turn into a trolling thread like the other 2 million Crackberry Storm2 threads???
    11-11-09 10:02 AM
    I actually went into the Verizon store and played with the Droid for about 20 minutes. Honestly if I had to make a change I'd chose the iPhone. However I would never change my Storm2 for either the Droid or the iPhone.
    11-11-09 10:06 AM
    Hey I am at work and bored so thank you for the couple minutes of entertainment!
    11-11-09 10:09 AM
    Hey I am at work and bored so thank you for the couple minutes of entertainment!
    Anytime my fellow Storm2 com-padre
    11-11-09 10:11 AM
    Android 2.O Would have been a home run if ran on a different device. I'm sorry, but the Motorola Droid is horrible. The sloppy volume rocker, that awful keyboard. (Which in my opinion is NO excuse for a keyboard) and that slider. I don't know whats going on there. But oh cool, I can leave the slider half open! I think the design itself is even worse! Coming from a Blackberry to an iPhone. It's no competition to the iPhone in terms of build quality. And, i STILL don't think it can hold a real candle to the storm2.. Oh hey guys, it's another "toy"
    11-11-09 10:13 AM
    It is interesting to see what the competition is doing. Agreed. And it's great to see where things are headed with android's os in the future. I though that video was pretty wicked, and although I haven't played with a Droid yet, I really like the Iphone.. However, I'm getting a Storm 2, no question about that (but I would certainly enjoy a home screen that's as customizable as the Droid's)
    11-11-09 10:14 AM
    Android 2.O Would have been a home run if ran on a different device. I'm sorry, but the Motorola Droid is horrible. The sloppy volume rocker, that awful keyboard. (Which in my opinion is NO excuse for a keyboard) and that slider. I don't know whats going on there. But oh cool, I can leave the slider half open! I think the design itself is even worse! Coming from a Blackberry to an iPhone. It's no competition to the iPhone in terms of build quality. And, i STILL don't think it can hold a real candle to the storm2.. Oh hey guys, it's another "toy"
    I'm also not impressed with the design and the interface seems a little too complicated. Not that I'm stupid but it was even noted that a little too many submenus just to get to the menu you want. I operate my iPod touch and Storm2 with one hand 90 percent of the time. The last thing I need is extra clicks and a slide out keyboard.
    11-11-09 10:17 AM
    Love my iPhone came from multiple BB's played with a Droid wasn't too impressed. Did anyone catch the "turn by turn" is reportedly coming to the iPhone saweet!!!
    11-11-09 01:06 PM
    Not impressed with the Droid. My friend has one and I have used one several times in my local verizon store. I actually find it to be pretty slow. No multitouch (even though the device supports it) is a no go for me also. The keyboard is flat and terrible and has no room by the screen. Dpad? Were they serious? The device is also heavier than a brick. I'll take an Eris over the DRIOD anyday.

iDoesn't have a horrible keyboard
    iDoesn't weigh 100lbs.
    iDoesn't have a terrible volume rocker
    iDoesn't have an ugly design
    iDoesn't have a slider that doesn't open with ease
    iDoesn't have a dpad and has entered into the future and isn't stuck in the 90s.

Everything iDoesn't, DRIOD does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 02:12 PM
    I personally love the look of the Droid, I think it looks awesome and it's a pretty impressive phone.

You have to give credit to a phone that can compete with the iphone at launch, once they enable the multi touch and fix any other little problems it will be even better competition
    11-11-09 02:42 PM
    I personally love the look of the Droid, I think it looks awesome and it's a pretty impressive phone.

You have to give credit to a phone that can compete with the iphone at launch, once they enable the multi touch and fix any other little problems it will be even better competition
    I like the look except for that little ledge at the bottom. I don't like how the keyboard is offset to the left either. That said, the Droid looks to be quite a step up for Motorola. Looks like our iPhone and BB Storm are both gone sometime this year to Android, but not sure which one yet. Waiting for the HTC Passion I think.
    11-11-09 08:03 PM
    I also saw the CNET prizefight pinning the Droid against the iPhone. This is the second time that a device hAs gone the distance with the iPhone. First it was the Pre, now the Droid. But it will be very difficult to beat the iPhone. It's not so much about the device with the iPhone. Of course the hardware on the iPhone is superior to anything I have seen, and the device is blazing fast. But what makes the iPhone better is the overall user experience. When you have an ecosystem like iTunes, it is very difficult for these other devices to match up. No one has anything close to iTunes. Until that happens, expect the iPhone to always be on top.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 07:30 AM
    3G may be bad in San Fran but it's excellent where I live.. so the call quality gets a 5.0 not a "3.3" lol. iPhone wins.
    11-12-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD