Hello all, I'm loving my 3gs and overall am very glad I made the switch from the Storm. I am however missing some things about BB's. I still have my Verizon contract and re-activated my old Pearl when I sold the Storm. I'm not going to cancel until I've fully evaluated the ATT/3gs combo. I'm having problems with email though. With my yahoo email that I have on both phones, I send a test email. Pearl is almost instant notification, 3gs is about 15 minutes later. What gives? I thought the new "Push" feature with 3.0 was going to fix this?
    06-22-09 03:35 PM
    Umm , i dont get it either lol , it says push , yet it is still fetching every 15 min or so , so idk either , would love to have this answerd , although my guess is its just not implemented yet.
    06-22-09 04:02 PM
    Hello all, I'm loving my 3gs and overall am very glad I made the switch from the Storm. I am however missing some things about BB's. I still have my Verizon contract and re-activated my old Pearl when I sold the Storm. I'm not going to cancel until I've fully evaluated the ATT/3gs combo. I'm having problems with email though. With my yahoo email that I have on both phones, I send a test email. Pearl is almost instant notification, 3gs is about 15 minutes later. What gives? I thought the new "Push" feature with 3.0 was going to fix this?
    Make sure you've turned push on in your settings. And right now, I think yahoo is still the only POP email client that can be pushed to your device.
    06-22-09 05:14 PM
    Make sure you've turned push on in your settings. And right now, I think yahoo is still the only POP email client that can be pushed to your device.
    Ahh that makes sense ... sadly ... BOO i want gmail push lol
    06-22-09 05:21 PM
    Yeah I want push for everything. But at the end of the day, I'd give up push for all the other features
    06-22-09 05:30 PM
    Gmail is push, if you enable IMAP in your gmail account. It's under settings and the default is disabled.
    06-22-09 06:09 PM
    Gmail is push, if you enable IMAP in your gmail account. It's under settings and the default is disabled.
    IMAP actually is enabled in my settings for gmail. When I go into the settings on my phone however, there is no option to select push for gmail as there is for my yahoo account. Only fetch or manual.
    06-22-09 07:07 PM
    Hmm , dont think so , i have PUSH enabled on my Iphone , and IMAP default for me was enabled ... and still no push ....
    06-22-09 07:49 PM
    Hmm , dont think so , i have PUSH enabled on my Iphone , and IMAP default for me was enabled ... and still no push ....

Hmmm you are correct, I ran a test and this was the case.
    06-22-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD