Elan asks trade agency to block Apple iPad imports:

The technology described in the complaint to the ITC is Patent 5,825,352, one of the two named in the lawsuit filed last year. In the 2009 case, Elan described that patent as "fundamental...to the detection of multiple fingers on a touch pad or touch-sensitive input device to enable the detection and use of a multifinger gestures in various applications."

The patent was originally issued in 1998 to Logitech; Elan claims it now owns the patent.
    Elan asks trade agency to block Apple iPad imports

When is Apple going to start innovating instead of just stealing other people's ideas?
    03-31-10 10:54 AM
    And when was the last time RIM innovated? when this patent was claimed to be originally filed in about 1990?

Of COURSE its not possible in the world that 2 people came up with the same idea right? So who's fault is it that 2 similar ideas were even GRANTED patents in the first place? The USPTO.

Apple haters always use the "oh apple purposely stole this or that" without any basis for claiming so. Every company out there has borrowed at least one idea from someone else at some point in time.

You also do realize there are about 100,000 patents filed every year in the US alone for how many decades? Its not always so cut and dry to figure out if something has been patented or not when patents have become so ambiguous that not even the Courts can figure out what its true meaning is.

And as always, no product is going to be blocked from import, that would be inequitable and rarely happens. The sides will come to a settlement and itll be business as usual.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-31-10 at 12:17 PM.
    03-31-10 12:10 PM
    Looks like Apple's just playing Monkey See, Monkey Do...
    03-31-10 01:30 PM
    ehh... they're probably loose.

the iPhone (also a touch sensitive multi-finger input device) has been around for a few years now, and they're just now getting around to suing on this?
    03-31-10 01:50 PM
    Werd.

10char/
    03-31-10 01:56 PM
    Why would you even say that??? And then you go around calling people "fanboys" when you just had a hissy fit over an actual documented fact. The OP never even compared it to a BB or to any other manufacture.

Things like this make wonder who are the real "fanboys" around here

And when was the last time RIM innovated? when this patent was claimed to be originally filed in about 1990?

Of COURSE its not possible in the world that 2 people came up with the same idea right? So who's fault is it that 2 similar ideas were even GRANTED patents in the first place? The USPTO.

Apple haters always use the "oh apple purposely stole this or that" without any basis for claiming so. Every company out there has borrowed at least one idea from someone else at some point in time.

You also do realize there are about 100,000 patents filed every year in the US alone for how many decades? Its not always so cut and dry to figure out if something has been patented or not when patents have become so ambiguous that not even the Courts can figure out what its true meaning is.

And as always, no product is going to be blocked from import, that would be inequitable and rarely happens. The sides will come to a settlement and itll be business as usual.
    03-31-10 02:33 PM
    Why would you even say that??? And then you go around calling people "fanboys" when you just had a hissy fit over an actual documented fact. The OP never even compared it to a BB or to any other manufacture.

This guy for sure:

03-31-10 02:58 PM
    Ok seriously... i told you not to show those .... i trusted you

This guy for sure:

03-31-10 03:00 PM
    Elan asks trade agency to block Apple iPad imports:

Elan asks trade agency to block Apple iPad imports

When is Apple going to start innovating instead of just stealing other people's ideas?
    So I guess Microsoft was really innovative when they stole Apple's UI and other concepts. So funny that people do not understand that in the real world companies steal ideas from each other all the time.
    03-31-10 05:07 PM

Because its clearly a trolling post to bash on Apple. Quoting a news story doesnt necessarily tell the whole true story for the illogical conclusion arrived at. And since when does a law suit merely being filed imply guilt/liability in this country? I guess all the stuff they taught us in law school based on generations of precedent was a complete lie huh?

Just stating the "documented facts" too.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-31-10 at 06:01 PM.
    03-31-10 05:57 PM
    03-31-10 06:24 PM
    I never said they are guilty and I am willing to bet someone will pay someone and it will be the last of this.
    It just surprises me that you would have such a hissy fit over this... when you are the one complaining in previous threads about fan boys running to defend BB.
    Also in a previous post about Apple's law suit against HTC. Your response was all that counts is " Who owns the patent first is all that counts...POINT"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/app...14/index2.html

So from your reaction to this post and from the reaction to that post. You my friend are definitely a fanboy. Now that's a FACT

And I am sure they do teach great at law school...but not everyone learns

Because its clearly a trolling post to bash on Apple. Quoting a news story doesnt necessarily tell the whole true story for the illogical conclusion arrived at. And since when does a law suit merely being filed imply guilt/liability in this country? I guess all the stuff they taught us in law school based on generations of precedent was a complete lie huh?

Just stating the "documented facts" too.
    03-31-10 06:50 PM
    WHO SAID YOU THAT SAID ANYTHING? My gosh for some accusing others of taking things a little personal... You asked why I replied to the OP like that and you got an answer; now its all about you?

Yes who owns it is what counts. Yes companies often settle out of court and the patent ends up meaning little in the suit. So far I see an ALLEGATION in a news article they own the particular patent, I see no copy of the complaint or evidence attached like the other suit where there was a public copy of documents released to even SUGGEST that their patent is even being infringed upon. I see no listing of patent numbers to compare to the questionable product. When there's some kind of evidence besides a media story (because the media is always non-bias right?) then the story may change.

If you want to try and bash me at least try harder. And if Im a "fanboy" then why are you and OP here? TROLLS? The stupid childish accusations can go both ways. Unfortunately, its NOT surprising that youre hear having a hissy fit over something I say yet again.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-31-10 at 07:11 PM.
    03-31-10 07:02 PM
    This thread will be closed in 5, 4, 3, 2...
    03-31-10 07:33 PM
    Of course, it always has to turn personal and ruin threads with some people....
    03-31-10 07:45 PM
    LOL, all of the arguments flip-flop when the shoe is on the other foot...
    03-31-10 07:46 PM
    Of course, it always has to turn personal and ruin threads with some people....

Thanks for admitting that, we forgive you.
    03-31-10 07:46 PM
    ok troll....
    03-31-10 07:47 PM
    So I guess Microsoft was really innovative when they stole Apple's UI and other concepts. So funny that people do not understand that in the real world companies steal ideas from each other all the time.
    Are you referring to the one Apple stole from PARC? I understand it quite well. I just find it humorous that when Apple sued HTC, they were guilty from the moment the story broke but once the spotlight is on Apple, people suddenly become very objective and non-judgmental...
    03-31-10 07:52 PM
    Stuaw I'm not trolling. I am actually interested in these posts. I just find it funny that you that makes such a big deal about people defending bb are the first one to reply to this thread bashing bb just because the OP post an article about apple.
    Your complaining about fan boys but yet are the first one to get offend and turn this in a bb vs iphone thread.

If you want to set an example try leading by example.
    You contradict your self in so many threads because you take things to personal and get offend a little to much if someone offends or goes against your almighty Apple.
    This was suppose to be a thread about Apple getting sued why did you have to turn it in a Apple Vs BB post??? And than whine that people are trolling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 08:51 PM
    Stuaw I'm not trolling. I am actually interested in these posts. I just find it funny that you that makes such a big deal about people defending bb are the first one to reply to this thread bashing bb just because the OP post an article about apple.
    Your complaining about fan boys but yet are the first one to get offend and turn this in a bb vs iphone thread.

If you want to set an example try leading by example.
    You contradict your self in so many threads because you take things to personal and get offend a little to much if someone offends or goes against your almighty Apple.
    This was suppose to be a thread about Apple getting sued why did you have to turn it in a Apple Vs BB post??? And than whine that people are trolling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Interested? More like stirring the pot.

Funny how Im the enemy here considering I post something actually on the topic, and the FIRST words out of your mouth are attacking me and what I say. I didnt see you make ONE post here about the topic or what the OP said instead of directing it at me.

The RIM thing was a JOKE, a crack at non-innovation since OP claimed Apple doesnt innovate and just steals ideas. And the VERY FIRST words ot of your mouth were to defend a joke about RIM. My god youre sensitive, did I strike a nerve there? And you claim Im the one who always comes to a phone's (the iphone in my case) defense? Look in the mirror.

Almighty Apple? HOW MANY TIMES have I said I use what works for me and couldnt give a crap less about manufactures. This is my VERY first and only Apple product EVER. But youre right Im sure an Apple fanboy because Ive used a 9700 for the last 2 or 3 weeks

Dont bother with yet another expected personal attack instead of addressing the topic as youve proven over and over again that its all your capable of around here. Youve earned a nice little spot on the ignore list since you cant participate in a discussion without coming after me instead of addressing the topic and what the OP said directly.

Im flattered you follow me around the forums like some puppy dog personally addressing all of my posts, but I'm not interested
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-31-10 at 10:20 PM.
    03-31-10 09:58 PM
    And another thread goes to ****. @TheSonicMan I'm pretty sure it was Zerox not PARC. And really convincing a company to sell you an idea is not the same thing as stealing it. Steve may have misled them about his plans for the graphic interface and mouse, but at least he paid something for it. All Bill did was work with Steve and steal the idea outright. For the record I'm sure that Apple, RIM, MS and every other major company has stolen an idea or several, that was kinda my point.
    03-31-10 10:21 PM
    Unfortunately it does crackvegas by people who feel the need to go around shadowing others commenting on every little detail of their post and pulling it off-topic, instead of addressing the merits of the topic itself.

I obviously tried to discuss the topic, but am done taking crap from certain users ruining every thread.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-31-10 at 10:41 PM.
    03-31-10 10:37 PM
    PARC was a division of XEROX, and you can spin it how you like. When Apple sued MS, PARC sued Apple but it was thrown out over a statute of limitations. Not that the case had no merits, but that they took too long to file it.

I agree about companies stealing and also about many patents being ambiguous, at best. But if you look at the Apple sues HTC thread posted above, you'll see some of the same posters from this thread with a completely different stance, based on where Apple sits in the litigation. My comments were basically lifted from that thread.

RIM gets sued over patents = GUILTY
    HTC gets sued over patents = GUILTY
    Apple gets sued over patents = Everybody does it, suit probably has no merit, RIM hasn't innovated
    03-31-10 10:40 PM
    How did I defend your "Joke"? I didn't even talk about Iphone nor BB innovation. All i said is that you complain about fan boys defending BB none stop and yet your first comment on the post was about BB's innovation.... You seriously have no Idea what you are talking about.

Personally addressing your posts??? hahahahaha my friend I think this is the only post me and you probably ever exchanged words.... Oh sorry I think in the one that Apple is suing HTC we exchanged some words. And that is about it. Please trust me with the stuff you post I am pretty sure you are not worth anyone's time. It's funny how you complain about personal attacks like a little school girl but yet up until now you are the only one attacking. What you consider being called a fan boy a attack?? YOU ARE

On your ignore list HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... Bro this is a forum there's no need to lose sleep over it LOL. Little stuwa has me on he's ignore list hahahahahahah

But seriously you need to relax..you are taking things to personal. Like I said this Topic was about Apple getting sued... why would you reply with BB's innovation ? Oh yea it was a joke....sure it was.

So the OP starts a thread on Apple getting sued...You reply on a BB forum about BB's innovation and then I call you a fan boy and ask you why would you even say that.... and you call me a troll and dog and than claim that I do personal attacks

Sure Stuaw sure. You like to play the innocent game I see. Just blame everyone else. It's never you fault.

Grow up kid

Interested? More like stirring the pot.

Funny how Im the enemy here considering I post something actually on the topic, and the FIRST words out of your mouth are attacking me and what I say. I didnt see you make ONE post here about the topic or what the OP said instead of directing it at me.

The RIM thing was a JOKE, a crack at non-innovation since OP claimed Apple doesnt innovate and just steals ideas. And the VERY FIRST words ot of your mouth were to defend a joke about RIM. My god youre sensitive, did I strike a nerve there? And you claim Im the one who always comes to a phone's (the iphone in my case) defense? Look in the mirror.

Almighty Apple? HOW MANY TIMES have I said I use what works for me and couldnt give a crap less about manufactures. This is my VERY first and only Apple product EVER. But youre right Im sure an Apple fanboy because Ive used a 9700 for the last 2 or 3 weeks

Dont bother with yet another expected personal attack instead of addressing the topic as youve proven over and over again that its all your capable of around here. Youve earned a nice little spot on the ignore list since you cant participate in a discussion without coming after me instead of addressing the topic and what the OP said directly.

Im flattered you follow me around the forums like some puppy dog personally addressing all of my posts, but I'm not interested

Last edited by TheBBman; 03-31-10 at 11:04 PM.
    03-31-10 11:01 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD