I just posted another video with Steve Jobs but here he is again in 1998. 10+ years after the video in my last post and Apple is still alive but again facing tuff times.

At the end of the video the reporter asks him about what the company is going through. Anyone feel like this relates to RIM right now and what they are going through? Alex's tweet seems eerily similar to what Jobs says.
    05-30-12 01:45 AM
    The one thing that's vastly different is that RIM doesn't have someone like Jobs leading it. Like or dislike him, he was an innovator.
    05-30-12 04:25 AM
    I like Jobs. Hes a genius. I think some poeple see him as too much of a diety. Either way, hes gone from apple and it'll be tough times for apple without their innovator.

Someone better tell all companies that are going through tuff times that they better find a Steve Jobs or their time is numbered. Most ifans seem to believe its the only way to turn around a company. Crazy thing is right now RIM isn't in that bad a situation when compared to where apple was.
    05-30-12 12:15 PM
    I agree. But I think the infrastructure that Jobs installed, including the R&D and new product development departments, will continue on the cutting edge for some time. Will someone knock Apple off the throne? Most likely, but they'll have to really get with the program.
    05-30-12 02:23 PM
    I agree. But I think the infrastructure that Jobs installed, including the R&D and new product development departments, will continue on the cutting edge for some time. Will someone knock Apple off the throne? Most likely, but they'll have to really get with the program.
    Apple definitely makes amazing products and if they keep doing that they won't go anywhere. I just think they are better off as a niche player like they are with PCs. People need computers/cell phones and apple makes them so they'll be fine. I see their market share decreasing after this big increase. They can't sustain record breaking sales once the market is saturated which is happening. They've stagnated with their devices but they are still good devices that serve a purpose. I definitely think there will be huge changes in this tech sector and soon.
    05-30-12 08:25 PM
    Someone better tell all companies that are going through tuff times that they better find a Steve Jobs or their time is numbered. Most ifans seem to believe its the only way to turn around a company.
    It's not the only way,.....it's just the best way.
    06-06-12 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD