Apple to host January 19 'education event' in New York | Apple - CNET News

I really hope this means there will be more textbooks available! I work full time, but I'm also a part time student and the few textbooks that are available now are a god sent! The problem with Kindle books is the format of the text and the fact that you can't reference actual page numbers. I'm excited to find out what this is about.
    01-11-12 01:49 PM
    Not that I love all these different ebook formats but I would like to see one that does a good job with more complex books, such as graphic intensive ones with custom layouts and colour.
    01-11-12 11:00 PM
    I agree. I'm definitely looking forward to this announcement.
    01-12-12 01:37 PM
    I remember some classes from my freshman year of college like Psych 101 where reading the textbook was so boring and often put me to sleep.

If I could have had an active textbook with graphics, video, and other media, boy what a difference that would have made to the learning experience.

I hope its something like this that is part of this announcement.....
    pri79269 likes this.
    01-18-12 07:43 AM
    But how will college kids gain knowledge (i.e. highlighted passages) from used textbooks? Many times when getting my books, I would see that the previous owner wrote in the margins and highlighted passages. They would often write down the professor and class it was for, furthering the knowledge transfer.

These kids today think they are so smart with their gadgets but some things cannot be replaced
    01-18-12 10:02 AM
    I remember some classes from my freshman year of college like Psych 101 where reading the textbook was so boring and often put me to sleep.

If I could have had an active textbook with graphics, video, and other media, boy what a difference that would have made to the learning experience.

I hope its something like this that is part of this announcement.....
    I agree! That would be cool.
    01-18-12 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD