@Jreacher-I personally think Verizon gets a better, higher end model of BB than Sprint! If they didn't have such a horrible selection and poor customer service, and just the service in my area(For me at least), I believe I would still be with Sprint! @Naviculture-I will be making the switch next Friday..... So I will definitely keep everyone posted. I have kinda medium-large fingers, thats sly Im kinda worried about, but landscape works for me!
    04-14-10 11:49 AM
    dont worry, i wear a size 13 ring (BIG hands/fingers) and dont have an issue typing on it, even short messages in portrait.

Just take some time and get used to it, dont expect to be banging out paragraphs in the first day or 2. It takes time to get used to
    04-14-10 11:54 AM
    stuaw11 is spot on! Well said...
    04-14-10 12:22 PM
    I also actually found typing on the BB keyboard, especially the smaller 9700 keyboard to be more cramped personally.
    04-14-10 12:26 PM
    Well than I should be fine! I wanna know where can I get it insured?
    04-14-10 12:41 PM
    I have mine insured through State Farm. It is ~$60/year if I remember correctly.
    04-14-10 02:32 PM
    typing in portrait sucks.

landscape is much better.
    04-14-10 02:42 PM
    @DRLyman-So.... How does it work, becuz I have state farm also! If its gets lost or water damage will the pay for a new one or give u check? @killswitchX13-Can you type in URL'S in landscape?
    04-14-10 03:35 PM
    @DRLyman-So.... How does it work, becuz I have state farm also! If its gets lost or water damage will the pay for a new one or give u check? @killswitchX13-Can you type in URL'S in landscape?
    Yes you can. Unless you have tiny, skinny fingers, typing in portrait will be hard with two hands. But in landscape, it's awesome. I can type lengthy emails just like I could on my BB. You'll get used to the keyboard soon enough.
    04-14-10 03:41 PM
    Yeah I think so! I was @ The Apple Store & my typing improved in portrait! But I wanna know about ringtones, the ones u make in Itunes. Are they loud? Are the ringtones on the IPhone generally loud?
    04-14-10 05:24 PM
    Raneciansamaiya, the tones, to me on the iPhone are low. But, if course you can increase it with the volume...

In iTunes, you can browse for songs, and then make rintones (if it has the ringtone symbold next to it), and they are generally loud, and of decent quality...
    04-14-10 07:56 PM
    plus there is a sticky threat in this part of the phone how to make your own iTunes ringtones...
    04-14-10 09:44 PM
    I'm going to be a "switcher" this summer too.
    Had my BB Pearl for 3 years now. We FINALLY got AT & T in my area, and at first I told myself I'll just stick with USCC and get a new BB.
    My Hubby and I are "all Mac" and the more I thought about it, the more it just makes sense to get the iPhone.
    I'll wait for OS4 to come out though.
    ...waiting very impatiently...
    04-15-10 10:31 AM
    I'm going to be a "switcher" this summer too.
    Had my BB Pearl for 3 years now. We FINALLY got AT & T in my area, and at first I told myself I'll just stick with USCC and get a new BB.
    My Hubby and I are "all Mac" and the more I thought about it, the more it just makes sense to get the iPhone.
    I'll wait for OS4 to come out though.
    ...waiting very impatiently...
    This is the exact same way me & my hubby feel! We have a MacBook Pro, Ipod, only thing left is to get is an IPhone! LOL!
    Last edited by Raneciansamaiya; 04-15-10 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spell check
    04-15-10 10:46 AM
    I'm SOOO glad we finally have the ability to get the iPhone in my area! We've been so jealous of everyone who has them. I just watched the Keynote on 3GS and OS 4 and now I REALLY can't wait to get one!
    04-15-10 10:52 AM
    Well Im gonna report back friday.... But friday morning as soon as BestBuy opens I will be getting my IPhone 3GS!
    04-15-10 11:44 AM
    We were going to wait for the OS 4, but we can get a 3GS NOW and upgrade the OS later. hmmmm...
    One thing I am NOT doing is waiting for 4G. I'll be fine with 3GS and the OS 4 upgrade.
    Looking forward to hearing how much you LOVE your iPhone!
    04-15-10 12:05 PM
    @DRLyman-So.... How does it work, becuz I have state farm also! If its gets lost or water damage will the pay for a new one or give u check?
    I can let you know the specifics when I get the new policy in the mail. I've looked around here but cannot find it at the moment. I'm also thinking the amount for it was more like ~$40.
    Here's some more info on it from another forum:
    Mac Forums - View Single Post - iPhone insurance
    04-15-10 12:45 PM
    Idk If I will go through State Farm, seems like to much of a hassle if something happen! Ill just get it from Best Buy & get their Geek Squad protection plan! It has unlimited claims, and the replace it new not refurb! Its' a little pricey, but $15 a month, isn't bad if I get a replacement of a new IPhone whenever something goes wrong & cant be fixed!
    04-15-10 03:01 PM
    With Geek Squad plans you also have to send off your phone to be repaired if something goes bad (i.e., you are without a phone for up to a couple of weeks).
    04-15-10 03:16 PM
    If it was me, I'd get the device from Apple, with the AppleCare, too. Then again, I have to shops close (Lenox Mall, and Perimeter)...
    04-15-10 03:29 PM
    If it was me, I'd get the device from Apple, with the AppleCare, too. Then again, I have to shops close (Lenox Mall, and Perimeter)...
    Got both insurance from State Farm on mine and Apple Care. Never can be too careful. This thing's my baby
    04-15-10 03:49 PM
    With Geek Squad plans you also have to send off your phone to be repaired if something goes bad (i.e., you are without a phone for up to a couple of weeks).
    Thats true, but they give u a loaner phone or just replace it right then & there! The guy says it has to be comparable to what u already have!
    04-15-10 06:21 PM
    Apple Care is okay , but my only problem is that it doesn't cover accidental or water damage! BEST Buy covers both! Plus hardware & software! Plus NO DEDUCTIBLE & UNLIMITED CLAIMS!!
    04-15-10 06:30 PM
    I just read a short article noting that the new iPhone will be coming to Sprint this summer (New iPhone 4G Release Date: Verizon iPhone or Sprint iPhone possible). While I don't think that it will be released that soon as they are dumping megabucks in the new HTC EVO promotions, my contract isn't up until August 2010. So I will deal w/my latest BB, which is good for now, for another year or so. I just purchased the iPod touch and absolutely love it -- I know I know.... I think that the perfect combination would be the iPod Touch w/3G & a BB.
    04-22-10 01:43 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD