Hey PPL! I have a BB Tour with Sprint(BOOO) Ive had it replaced about 4 or 5 times & the reception from my Tour(Not my Sprint service.... I had perfect service with my curve). I was missing calls, calls dropping, phone restarting, just not satisfied with it anymore. Plus Sprint's Customer Service is a joke! So..... Im going to AT&T & getting a IPhone 3GS! Is there anything I should know? Whether it be problems with AT&T or the IPhone 3GS!!

Thanks in advance!!
    ~*Dueces*~
    04-13-10 02:12 PM
    Good choice but I'd recommend waiting until at least summer before you switch. Supposedly, a 4th generation iPhone is supposed to release and it might even go onto another carrier besides AT&T.
    04-13-10 02:15 PM
    The odds of any carrier besides ATT is rumor at best right now, but that has been the same thing for years lol

The only rumor I've heard that i might even believe is ... yes other carriers are getting the iPhone BUT it would be the 3GS and ATT still gets the new one ...

But until it's announced it's anyone's guess... BUT it will drop in Sept of this year the new iPhone
    04-13-10 02:22 PM
    The odds of any carrier besides ATT is rumor at best right now, but that has been the same thing for years lol

The only rumor I've heard that i might even believe is ... yes other carriers are getting the iPhone BUT it would be the 3GS and ATT still gets the new one ...

But until it's announced it's anyone's guess... BUT it will drop in Sept of this year the new iPhone
    True but there has been major publicity about this rumor in the recent weeks and this is the year AT&T's contract ends with Apple. I think Apple knows they'd dominate the smartphone market if they invested in CDMA iPhones, even if LTE is right around the corner. I think we'll be seeing a Verizon iPhone later this year (maybe in the summer).
    04-13-10 02:26 PM
    Well from what Apple & AT&T told me is that the only thing that is coming out this summer is OS 4! But Im sick of my BB Tour! Anything I should know from IPhone 3GS owners!!
    04-13-10 02:34 PM
    Well from what Apple & AT&T told me is that the only thing that is coming out this summer is OS 4! But Im sick of my BB Tour! Anything I should know from IPhone 3GS owners!!
    Don't believe the AT&T reps. They're all idiots. Wait until WWDC in June when they announce the iPhone 4G. New iPhones are always kept secret until WWDC which takes place in June.
    04-13-10 02:39 PM

Other than you'll wish you made the switch sooner ... nothing I can think of lol
    04-13-10 02:40 PM
    AT&T reps are going to want to move what they have in the store. They gain nothing from any of us waiting until July or whenever to by the new iPhone.

That said, you could get the 3GS now, sell it on Ebay, and make just about enough to cover the cost of the ETF and a new phone.
    04-13-10 02:43 PM
    Service in FL is great, you'll do fine there. There is VERY strong evidence that a new iPhone will be out this summer. Apple and AT&T cannot and will not make any kind of official comment on this, so don't trust that.

I have a 3G, and I love it. The apps, the browser, the UI, nothing beats it. The 3GS just makes everything faster, thus better The battery life isn't near what you've come to expect from Blackberries, going a full day on a 3GS is pretty normal depending on usage. Get a car charger. Get a screen protector, either BodyGuardz or Zagg. I like the BodyGuardz a little better because they're easier to install IMO. Get a case, you'll need it.

You're gonna like it. I work for AT&T btw.
    04-13-10 02:44 PM
    AT&T reps are going to want to move what they have in the store. They gain nothing from any of us waiting until July or whenever to by the new iPhone.

That said, you could get the 3GS now, sell it on Ebay, and make just about enough to cover the cost of the ETF and a new phone.
    This is what I'm doing. Got my 3GS by trading my 9700 and will sell it in the summer to get the 4G if it's good.
    04-13-10 02:47 PM
    04-13-10 02:48 PM
    Service in FL is great, you'll do fine there. There is VERY strong evidence that a new iPhone will be out this summer. Apple and AT&T cannot and will not make any kind of official comment on this, so don't trust that.

I have a 3G, and I love it. The apps, the browser, the UI, nothing beats it. The 3GS just makes everything faster, thus better The battery life isn't near what you've come to expect from Blackberries, going a full day on a 3GS is pretty normal depending on usage. Get a car charger. Get a screen protector, either BodyGuardz or Zagg. I like the BodyGuardz a little better because they're easier to install IMO. Get a case, you'll need it.

You're gonna like it. I work for AT&T btw.
    Thanks so much! Idk bout the IPhone 4G..... I'll just get the 3GS & go from there! I have read rumors but iIdk... Idk how soon they tell u when something's coming out, but I don't want a spend another moment with Sprint!
    04-13-10 03:09 PM
    Thanks.... Didn't know where to find this......
    04-13-10 03:12 PM
    You'll LOVE it! It will seem like a race car compared to the Tour. I say if you want the iPhone, get the iPhone. When the new one comes out this summer, decide if you want it and then sell the GS if need be.
    You will be wishing you had done this sooner
    04-13-10 05:04 PM
    You'll LOVE it! It will seem like a race car compared to the Tour. I say if you want the iPhone, get the iPhone. When the new one comes out this summer, decide if you want it and then sell the GS if need be.
    You will be wishing you had done this sooner
    Thanks..... I wanna know is it truly possible to multi task through the preloaded apps? U know... The apps that come with it. Like: Browser, messaging, Ipod, etc? I know u cant through third party apps. Apple & AT&T says yes.... But I want a user review!
    04-13-10 05:27 PM
    Thanks..... I wanna know is it truly possible to multi task through the preloaded apps? U know... The apps that come with it. Like: Browser, messaging, Ipod, etc? I know u cant through third party apps. Apple & AT&T says yes.... But I want a user review!
    They run in the background. The browser, SMS, Email & iPod.
    04-13-10 09:48 PM
    Hey PPL! I have a BB Tour with Sprint(BOOO) Ive had it replaced about 4 or 5 times & the reception from my Tour(Not my Sprint service.... I had perfect service with my curve). I was missing calls, calls dropping, phone restarting, just not satisfied with it anymore. Plus Sprint's Customer Service is a joke! So..... Im going to AT&T & getting a IPhone 3GS! Is there anything I should know? Whether it be problems with AT&T or the IPhone 3GS!!
    Thanks in advance!!
    ~*Dueces*~
    man you opened up a whole heep of arguments when posting that last part. People will talk bad about At&t all day.
    04-13-10 09:53 PM
    man you opened up a whole heep of arguments when posting that last part. People will talk bad about At&t all day.
    Lol! Well I know everyone has there own opinion about AT&T & IPhones.... But I really wanna her the honest reviews! U know ppl complain about any & everything! So I just have to weed through the feedback!
    04-13-10 10:43 PM
    They run in the background. The browser, SMS, Email & iPod.
    So..... Is that a yes or no to the question? Also thanks for you feed back!! I really appreciate it!
    04-13-10 10:45 PM
    Well the iPhone has worked phenomenal for me personally. Has a fast browser plenty of Applications for all your needs. The User Interface is simple and nice. Also the build of the phone is very sexy and pocketable. At&t's service all depends on your primary location. Here in washington DC there service is great for me, so the iPhone was a good choice. Make sure you check out At&t's coverage in your area. Good coverage with an iPhone equals a joy to have you won't regret it.
    04-13-10 10:49 PM
    Well the iPhone has worked phenomenal for me personally. Has a fast browser plenty of Applications for all your needs. The User Interface is simple and nice. Also the build of the phone is very sexy and pocketable. At&t's service all depends on your primary location. Here in washington DC there service is great for me, so the iPhone was a good choice. Make sure you check out At&t's coverage in your area. Good coverage with an iPhone equals a joy to have you won't regret it.
    Thank u for ur input..... I really appreciate the help! I think I will get the 3GS, but I keep hearing ppl say there is a new IPhone coming out so I should wait.... But im like, if I aint official then Im not gonna worry about it! IPhone 3GS here I come!!!!
    04-14-10 10:10 AM
    Well Apple releases a new phone every June/July, and they have reserved a conference room on June 22, which should be the new phone announcement.

If you can hang in there 2 months the hardware may be greatly upgraded from the 3GS. It all depends if you care about specs though.
    04-14-10 10:50 AM
    Not really.... I really don't wanna spend another moment on with my Tour! I hardly ever get a phone as soon as it comes out! I like to wait at least 6 months. That way all the kinks & bugs have been worked out!
    04-14-10 11:18 AM
    Got my Tour the first day it went on sale. Have never had ANY trouble with it. Works great!!

It wlll be a dificult decision to make when and if the iPhone comes to VZW. right now, I think I will stick with my 'Berry.

jr
    04-14-10 11:24 AM
    Raneciansamaiya, I doubt very much you'd be disappointed with the iPhone 3G S.

Keep us posted, let us know once you have it, post questions etc, etc,
    04-14-10 11:26 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD