And you can prove that the soul is not real? Fool.

And not all humans having a conscience is different than saying all animals don't have a conscience.
    I can't prove a negative. It's up to you to prove it exists.

Can you prove unicorns don't exist? Fool.

It doesn't matter. I don't just don't believe in pseudoscience.
    05-29-12 08:46 PM
    how much? i may just be interested... sent you a pm as you and i are close to each other
    Giving you the "local" discount!
    05-29-12 08:47 PM
    A mammal is only a classification of physical characteristics.
    But we are classified as animals. We are part of the animal kingdom. We evolved from apes. We are animals, just more advanced than any of them.

Do you take offense to being called an animal? I don't. Human beings are animals, just more civilized (sometimes).

Until humans are not classified in the animal kingdom and create it to the "Human Kingdom" or something else, we are animals.
    Last edited by avt123; 05-30-12 at 10:34 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-30-12 10:31 AM
    But we are classified as animals. We are part of the animal kingdom. We evolved from apes. We are animals, just more advanced than any of them.

Do you take offense to being called an animal? I don't. Human beings are animals, just more civilized (sometimes).

Until humans are not classified in the animal kingdom and create it to the "Human Kingdom" or something else, we are animals.
    Actually the old science has humans classified as animals and in recent years the new science questions that, and says humans are not animals.

We are only in the animal kingdom because of physical characteristics. Our mental capacity is nowhere related to any animal on the planet. So your old science is not taking the whole picture into consideration and the new science of the last 100 or 50 years is asking those questions.

And your "evolution" does not explain why our minds are the way they are compared to every other creature in existence on Earth.

Read up on it chooch.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 05-30-12 at 11:00 AM.
    05-30-12 10:55 AM
    I can't prove a negative. It's up to you to prove it exists.

Can you prove unicorns don't exist? Fool.

It doesn't matter. I don't just don't believe in pseudoscience.
    Read my post right above this one. You're just a waste of time.
    05-30-12 10:56 AM
    Wwll, you're an animal for sure! And not much above an ape at that.
    05-30-12 11:00 AM
    You can't argue with a creationist. Their "science" is "different"

He's a very insulting young man isn't he.
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-30-12 at 11:15 AM.
    05-30-12 11:12 AM
    Ha creationist. You and your science that only gives half answers.

Yeah, I'm young, and insulting. And I'll take all three of you clowns on, whether on an online forum or behind a podium or right in your own living room.
    05-30-12 11:31 AM
    Ha creationist. You and your science that only gives half answers.

Yeah, I'm young, and insulting. And I'll take all three of you clowns on, whether on an online forum or behind a podium or right in your own living room.
    05-30-12 11:43 AM
    Let him go, his arrogance is making his side look awful and his rudeness makes his opinion worthless. Mr. Marco, being young isn't a get out of jail free card for being a complete and utter jackwad and you need to learn that.

I have a higher opinion of my dogs than a lot of humans. I absolutely feel that dogs have a conscience and empathy. I will never forget my lab who wouldn't show affection ever, but when I was very sick for weeks she wouldn't leave my side, and when my grandfather died she did the same thing. I got more kisses and nuzzles from her in the weeks after those events...and she knew it was what i needed. Honestly I view my dogs as better people than most of the people I know including some of my family. I remember when her 'sister' had to be put to sleep, poor Chelsey couldn't go near her stuff. I accidentally put her dinner into Belles dish and she refused to eat until I changed dishes for her. Dumb animal my arse.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-30-12 at 11:57 AM.
    05-30-12 11:53 AM
    Let him go, his arrogance is making his side look awful and his rudeness makes his opinion worthless. Mr. Marco, being young isn't a get out of jail free card for being a complete and utter jackwad and you need to learn that.

I have a higher opinion of my dogs than a lot of humans. I absolutely feel that dogs have a conscience and empathy. I will never forget my lab who wouldn't show affection ever, but when I was very sick for weeks she wouldn't leave my side, and when my grandfather died she did the same thing. I got more kisses and nuzzles from her in the weeks after those events...and she knew it was what i needed. Honestly I view my dogs as better people than most of the people I know including some of my family. I remember when her 'sister' had to be put to sleep, poor Chelsey couldn't go near her stuff. I accidentally put her dinner into Belles dish and she refused to eat until I changed dishes for her. Dumb animal my arse.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    There is nothing to learn here. I don't have a "side" and I'll say that right to their faces. Your dogs feel pain and enjoyment and learn routines. Spiders spin their webs the same way all the time. Beavers build their dams the same way all the time. Beavers through evolution have not studied their own dam designs and built stronger and more efficient dams. Bears hunt for food the same way all the time. Bears have not thought about their hunting habits and developed new techniques of catching their prey.

Humans can build a house one way, stare at it and decide to tear it down and build it another way. We can critically think. We can philosophically ponder our own thoughts and actions. No animal is capable of that.

Keep your argument going. It makes so much sense.

As far as Rick the Stroller is concerned, I'll see you in the octagon at UFC 150.
    05-30-12 12:11 PM
    Actually the old science has humans classified as animals and in recent years the new science questions that, and says humans are not animals.

We are only in the animal kingdom because of physical characteristics. Our mental capacity is nowhere related to any animal on the planet. So your old science is not taking the whole picture into consideration and the new science of the last 100 or 50 years is asking those questions.

And your "evolution" does not explain why our minds are the way they are compared to every other creature in existence on Earth.

Read up on it chooch.
    Chooch? Wow.

Old science? LOL

We are animals. If we evolved from them, that doesn't make us an animal still? How does that make sense?

New science still lists us as animals. Like you said, it only "questions" the thought of not being animals. The dictionary has two definitions for this reason.

an�i�mal   [an-uh-muhl] Show IPA
    noun
    any member of the kingdom Animalia, comprising multicellular organisms that have a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow them to respond rapidly to stimuli: some classification schemes also include protozoa and certain other single-celled eukaryotes that have motility and animallike nutritional modes.
    any such living thing other than a human being.
    a mammal, as opposed to a fish, bird, etc.
    the physical, sensual, or carnal nature of human beings; animality: the animal in every person.
    It all depends on what definition you chose. According to #1, we are animals.

If you are bringing religion into this, then I give up. I go by fact (science), not faith.

Maybe you should be less insulting when you post.
    Last edited by avt123; 05-30-12 at 02:31 PM.
    05-30-12 02:28 PM
    Chooch? Wow.

Old science? LOL

We are animals. If we evolved from them, that doesn't make us an animal still? How does that make sense?

New science still lists us as animals. Like you said, it only "questions" the thought of not being animals. The dictionary has two definitions for this reason.

If you are bringing religion into this, then I give up. I go by fact (science), not faith.

I don't think that's possible.

Personally I can say my feelings on organised religion can be summed up by the movie "The Invention of Lying". Given that that particular book can be twisted to reinforce any and all kinds of ridiculous behaviours and beliefs, I simply can't use it as a logical basis of truth for anything. /personal opinion given without behaving like a petulant child.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    05-30-12 02:41 PM
    Chooch? Wow.

Old science? LOL

Na na na na na. No faith. Your "science" has to answer why we are the only "ANIMALS" as you say that evolved with this ability of the mind that no other living creature on this planet that we know of even comes close to possessing.
    05-30-12 02:53 PM
    Yeah, AVT, there's no point having a discussion with someone who just actually said "NA NA NA NA NA"

Also,

http://curiosity.discovery.com/quest...e-human-brains

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-30-12 at 03:44 PM.
    avt123 likes this.
    05-30-12 03:42 PM
    :::: wonders how a tongue-in-cheek thread can turn to crap in short order ::::

NM

It's CrackBerry, other forums wouldn't understand.

Sorry Brian, but I gotta do what I gotta do.
    05-30-12 03:54 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD