Many mention business and that it doesn't make sense to have a CDMA and a GSM phone for a multiple of reasons. Yet, thinking farther down the road, you see that it might just make sense if Apple and Verizon come together immediately. With the Android OS becoming a staple on many manufacturers smart phones, it would make sense to have the iPhone available to compete on the same carrier instead of letting the Android base build without competition. IMO, given the choice, many Android sales would not take place given the option of an iPhone.
    06-02-10 12:42 PM
    Just quoted from Steve Jobs at 8th Annual All Things Digital Conference.
    Defending AT&T

"They're doing pretty good in some ways and in others they could do better. We meet with them once a quarter. Remember, they deal with way more data traffic than anyone else. And they're having trouble. But they have the fastest 3G network, and they're improving. I wish they were improving faster. I'm convinced that any other network, had you put the iPhone on it, would have had the same problems."
    06-02-10 01:18 PM
    adding even more fuel to the fire.
    Verizon guy shoots down iPhone, touts Android
    Verizon guy shoots down iPhone, touts Android | 9 to 5 Mac
    06-02-10 07:14 PM
    i hate how one article says no not yet, one says never, and one says coming soon. make up your dang mind apple/verizon!

i'm on verizon and i want an iphone, and this is getting ridiculous! i don't want to switch to AT&T bc i'm on my parents plan and it's cheaper this way, but i'll switch if verizon is never getting it...
    06-07-10 10:59 PM
    Verizon/Sprint people are and will get fed up with Apple and just live with Android.
    06-07-10 11:07 PM
    they arent a one horse pony
    full of fail LOL
    06-08-10 02:33 AM
    Verizon/Sprint people are and will get fed up with Apple and just live with Android.
    Or they will get fed up with Verizon's inability to get a deal done and will port out to AT&T for it, as I am
    06-08-10 08:04 AM
    Let us not forget AT&T's merger with Cingular which brought their numbers up.
    Actually Cingular Wireless bought AT&T wireless from AT&T sometime in 2004/2005. So for a few years it was just Cingular no AT&T wireless. SBC bought AT&T teleco, and kept the AT&T name and logo, in 2006. They were not in the wireless business for about year until they bought Cingular, AFTER Cingular signed the exclusive agreement with Apple for the Iphone, early 2007. So the customer base for Cingular/ATT wasn't changed by the buy out of Cingular by AT&T.
    06-08-10 08:29 AM
    And it's done.......on AT&T it stays
    06-08-10 10:35 AM
    ^really? ugh. i know SO many ppl on verizon who want an iphone...at&t sucks. apple would do better if they'd just give it to freaking verizon, but whatever.
    06-08-10 03:57 PM
    ^really? ugh. i know SO many ppl on verizon who want an iphone...at&t sucks. apple would do better if they'd just give it to freaking verizon, but whatever.
    Well Verizon shouldn't have been snobs about it. Now they wish they had the iPhone. Verizon doesn't want to give Apple the control and terms that AT&T is willing to give them so fudge them!
    06-08-10 05:07 PM
    well then verizon is stupid i guess.
    06-08-10 09:14 PM
    I still think there is a high probability that Verizon will get it at the end of 2010 or early 2011 but you know what, #@&% it. Im tired of waiting and Im not going to risk that small chance that they dont get it. Ill get one now and worst case if they release it on Verizon, Ill sell the iPhone and pay for all of the ETF and then some of the phone on Verizon. The new iPhone 4 has everything and can do everything that Ive said the iPhone should since 2007. No more waiting.
    06-09-10 07:00 AM
    I'm glad somebody is going off of empirical data and not just making broad, uninformed statements. Well said.
    It's data, empirical, not so fast my friend.
    06-09-10 11:01 AM
    Verizon is getting the Iphone by fall, it was confirmed to me by a rep at the Verizon store today. Course guess he could be jumping the gun but I'd think that could cost him his job so I'm betting it's true
    LMMFAO! I hope Verizon get's the iPhone soon, before the Verizon peeps have heart attacks. For every one person that says Verizon has great service, I have plenty... plenty that are more than satisfied with AT&T, me being one of them.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-09-10 at 11:14 AM.
    06-09-10 11:03 AM
    Good, yes.. and more Verizon/Sprint people should be getting fed up and either go with AT&T and if they don't want to.. wow here is an idea STFU already about the Verizon iPhone. geez loueez

I'm very grateful for Android.. are they better than Apple.. **** no.. but at least it's a pacifier for all the cry babies out there who won't leave Verizon or Sprint.
    06-09-10 11:07 AM
    Or they will get fed up with Verizon's inability to get a deal done and will port out to AT&T for it, as I am
    JoJo don't fret man, AT&T has Florida on lockdown.. rock solid 2.5/3 down. Do I visit St. Augustine regularly no.. but damn son.. if AT&T has 3G in WildWood, FL WTF..

I only saw 10 residents in Wildwood, and 9 of them were cows!
    06-09-10 11:10 AM
    LMMFAO! I hope Verizon get's the iPhone soon, before the Verizon peeps have heart attacks. For every one person people say Verizon has great service, I have plenty... plenty that are more than satisfied with AT&T, me being one of them.
    I hope it does go to VZW. So it can ease up on AT&T's network LOL.

I personally don't feel and joy or gladness that the iPhone is only on AT&T. I wish it were on all carriers so that way I could have my choice of network if things aren't working out. Having said that, I haven't had any issues with AT&T but I'd leave them in a heartbeat if they pissed me off and someone else had the iPhone. But since no one else has it at the moment, if there were any gripes with AT&T, I probably would have to stay with them anyway because my wife is not giving up the iPhone for anything.
    06-09-10 11:14 AM
    JoJo don't fret man, AT&T has Florida on lockdown.. rock solid 2.5/3 down. Do I visit St. Augustine regularly no.. but damn son.. if AT&T has 3G in WildWood, FL WTF..

I only saw 10 residents in Wildwood, and 9 of them were cows!
    Dude no way. I travel to Wildwood atleast twice a month. Thats where the inlaws and all of my wifes other family lives Yes they are blanketed by 3G which shocked the crap out of me.
    06-09-10 12:53 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD