10-13-10 08:44 PM
32 12
tools
    Apple Customer service=superior to the competitiors. I have the iphone 4 and the torch. I dropped my iphone and crack the screen. Sent it back to apple and they sent me a brand new device "next day on doorstop". You don't have to deal with at&t for software upgrades! No at&t crap apps push to your phone! Even if you buy a used iphone the device is still under warranty. With htc/blackberrys/samsung devices the warranty is void. So in other words apple controls the carriers. RIM and google are the carriers *****.
    10-13-10 12:27 PM
    Cracked screens are covered under the warranty? Or did you get lucky? That's pretty sweet if it's covered.
    10-13-10 12:40 PM
    Okay....good for you. But why did you feel the need to come to a BlackBerry forum to talk about how great Apple and the iPhone are?? That's what the Apple fanboy sites are for. Just sayin.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 12:40 PM
    You're lucky, as cracked screens are normally not covered. This said from an Apple Service Provider. Glad they took care of you. In general, Apple does have good customer service (on all their stuff, not just iPhones).

It is interesting that your "complaint" is more about Apple vs AT&T, not so much about the Torch.
    10-13-10 12:44 PM
    Good thing apple are replacing units with cracked screens, with all the screen issues they are having.

iphone4-glass-study | SquareTrade Warranties
    First Broken iPhone 4 Screen
    10-13-10 12:44 PM
    Oh yay... another "bash" thread. This one ought to get out of hand quickly...
    10-13-10 12:51 PM
    Why create another thread when you should have posted here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/
    10-13-10 12:53 PM
    It's not a bash thread. It's constructive criticism. RIMM execs have to learn that it's customers that make or break a company. Not the company acting like "we do what we want" who gives a **** what our customers think"
    10-13-10 12:55 PM
    Why create another thread when you should have posted here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/
    +1 Exactly.....enjoy the free rubber bumper required so it'll make phone calls. iPhail4
    10-13-10 12:55 PM
    Cause then there wouldn't be another useless thread for all the Trolls to come and satisfy their hunger
    10-13-10 12:56 PM

It's just not realistic to go through every thread to look for the correct 1. I have a life and need to get on with my day. I said by peace. Bye!
    10-13-10 12:56 PM

It's just not realistic to go through every thread to look for the correct 1. I have a life and need to get on with my day. I said by peace. Bye! You should get a job with rim. You would fit in well with the stubborn execs who don't listen to customers!
    10-13-10 12:57 PM
    Shareholders need to start pressuring the board to push bassilie/Lazardis out of rimm before it turns into palm=fail
    10-13-10 12:59 PM
    It's just not realistic to go through every thread to look for the correct 1. I have a life and need to get on with my day. I said by peace. Bye! You should get a job with rim. You would fit in well with the stubborn execs who don't listen to customers!
    10-13-10 01:02 PM
    Moved to iphone Forum. I'm glad to hear they are replacing your screen. I know tons of folks with broken iphone screens who just have to live with it, because apple WON'T replace their screen. You got lucky. Or perhaps they had a change of policy with the IP4.
    10-13-10 01:06 PM
    It's just not realistic to go through every thread to look for the correct 1. I have a life and need to get on with my day. I said by peace. Bye!
    So you have a life but you feel you need to come here and make a new thread like this?

I think you might have a few screws loose...

And you said your goodbye so why are you still here?
    10-13-10 01:07 PM
    Originally Posted by mike448 View Post
    It's just not realistic to go through every thread to look for the correct 1. I have a life and need to get on with my day.
    Well 1st, you don't have to go through every thread, there is a search feature that does that for you.
    Since you claim to have a life that seems more important than sharing with the BB community, why are you here? Take your "life", your iphone 4, and get on with your day and don't let the door hit you in the a$$.
    10-13-10 01:17 PM
    I thought the iphone was made out of some polycarbonate helicopter glass? Not bashing I'm really asking a question.

10-13-10 01:18 PM
    I thought the iphone was made out of some polycarbonate helicopter glass? Not bashing I'm really asking a question.

It's made of aluminosilicate glass. It's a lot stronger than regular tempered glass, but it still breaks. Helicopters are made of similar stuff, but it's much thicker than what you find on the iPhone, therefore, much stronger.
    10-13-10 01:21 PM
    How much you want for your torch?
    10-13-10 02:00 PM
    It's not a bash thread. It's constructive criticism. RIMM execs have to learn that it's customers that make or break a company. Not the company acting like "we do what we want" who gives a **** what our customers think"
    This may possibly be the most ironic statement ever...
    10-13-10 02:03 PM
    I agree with all points but your basing this all on one experience and, quite frankly, you must've gotten a newb, because no company, Apple included, replaces a phone under warranty when the screen is cracked. That would be an insurance claim replacement only.
    10-13-10 02:28 PM
    I dropped my Torch...no breakage here.........

So, what is better? The company with product that doesn't break, or the company with the product notoriously known to break who replaces it?
    10-13-10 02:41 PM
    Mike did you take it to an apple shop or through postage? Did they ask for the original receipt?
    10-13-10 02:43 PM
    Wonder if the OP and the others that feel the need to post these threads feel the need to go to Pepsi forums and post about why they only drink Coke? If you're going to leave just leave, we don't need to hear about it.
    10-13-10 02:53 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD