I use my BB "Password Keeper" daily - have tons of login password for work and home that I cant remember without its help.

Does the iphone4 have a similar program built in? If not, can someone recommend a good "password" app? I don't mind paying for one but don't need a super "rich or complex" app. Just one thats secure and help me remember passwords or login info which I use daily. One similar to BB's "Password Keeper".

Thanks
    12-22-10 07:24 AM
    good question. I use Password keeper all the time on my BB, but if I switch, I need something like that on the Iphone too.
    12-22-10 07:44 AM
    Yup, you have MANY options to choose from to keep your passowrds safe.
    12-22-10 10:13 AM
    it may be hard to grasp but anything app-wise your bb does, iPhone does even better with multiple choices of apps
    12-22-10 01:13 PM
    it may be hard to grasp but anything app-wise your bb does, iPhone does even better with multiple choices of apps
    Surely that can't be. Blackberry is the best at all these business needs.
    12-22-10 11:17 PM
    mSecure is what I use. It's a paid app but very easy to use.
    shinbone likes this.
    12-23-10 07:43 PM
    mSecure is what I use. It's a paid app but very easy to use.
    Read some reviews on "mSecure" after your post and it sounds like something I might want. I've read reviews on "1Password/1Password pro" - which sounds like a great app, but almost too complex (if that makes sense).

"mSecure" sounds like something closer to the BB "Password Keeper".

Thanks for your recommendation.
    12-23-10 11:22 PM
    ^no problem. I tried 2 others but this one works best for me. I went back and read reviews too and I think the only thing it doesn't have is online backup which is something I never considered.
    12-24-10 06:44 AM
    Surely that can't be. Blackberry is the best at all these business needs.

not to get into a heated debate over this since it's surely been beat to death long before I picked up the stick lol

Anything I've EVER had to do business wise, I wouldn't go back to a BB to ever do it, but anything I ever used app wise, I love on my iPhone 1000x's more than I ever did on my BB

But i do miss a few things not having a BB but even with that being said, the cons outweigh the pros when it comes down to it, I'm pretty sure with the next major update for iOS5 comes out, it's surely gonna narrow the gap even more

just some .02 worth
    12-24-10 03:22 PM
    Ok, I'm using a 9650 for business/personal. Heavy messaging and I use email quite a bit. I love the fact that the email is quick and efficient. Additionally I like the fact that I am notified when I get various messages (BerryBuzz) as they arrive.

I'm trying to gain a better understanding of how the messaging/email experience is on the iPhone4 vs BLACKBERRY. Not trying to start any type of war, just trying to get info so I can make a decision on switching should VZW actually get an iPhone.

Is BlackBerry really that much better at email that I'll miss it? What are the down sides of moving platforms? Any serious input is appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 05:42 PM
    When it comes down to it, you can make folders within your email, to save emails there, BUT, if you make them on your email's host site... gmail, yahoo etc on your account, when you first set up your acct on the iphone those folders WILL appear as they do with gmail from what I have experienced.

DON'T let anyone fool you the iPhone doesn't push email, this is beat way to death, with exchange working with gmail, and yahoo, (and I don't use it) and I have no issues with not getting an email within a respectable time frame... ( within 5 mins usually)

TWO THINGS that Blackberry email doesn't do... that iPhone does

1. Emails are threaded like text messages, emails with the same subject are threaded, so you can view and entire conversation if you have to in one area without too much issue ( LOVE THIS )

2. No truncated emails.... Ever had your BB truncate and email and it leaves you going WTF !! Email on iPhone once in a while will only partially download.. but with the touch of the screen... viola you still get it all

As for messaging when it comes to sms, or facebook, kik ( like bbm ) i don't have any issues, with fb there is the occasion missing notificaton, but you get the email anyway so i doesn't matter there

I don't miss my blackberry at all and I have 4 emails setup on my i4

Your best bet is go into an apple store and play with one, setup a fake email and go in and play with sending emails to someone that is either with you or knows you'll be emailing them and why...

That's your best bet.. hands on and make your own judgement, but hope this helps
    anon(4706943) likes this.
    12-25-10 06:17 PM
    Appreciate the info. I'll head over to the Apple Store at some point to check that out. It may be awhile yet before VZW gets the iPhone, but I want to be ready when it happens.
    12-27-10 09:05 PM
    TWO THINGS that Blackberry email doesn't do... that iPhone does

1. Emails are threaded like text messages, emails with the same subject are threaded, so you can view and entire conversation if you have to in one area without too much issue ( LOVE THIS )

2. No truncated emails.... Ever had your BB truncate and email and it leaves you going WTF !! Email on iPhone once in a while will only partially download.. but with the touch of the screen... viola you still get it all

As for messaging when it comes to sms, or facebook, kik ( like bbm ) i don't have any issues, with fb there is the occasion missing notificaton, but you get the email anyway so i doesn't matter there
    1. That's not ENTIRELY true. At least with Gmail, BB gets threaded messaging. I believe this is because OS6 integrated the enhanced Gmail plugin?

2. Agree with you on the truncated e-mails. Same with large attachments.

And just a random question.. What's the point of having the FB notifications if you're still getting the e-mails? Just curious. I mean, for me the whole point of having the push (or non-push) FB notifications on my BB (or my Android) is so that the FB e-mails no longer clutter up my inbox...
    12-28-10 02:55 AM
    I use ewallet for my passwords. You can get a windows companion app that you can sync with so you have a backup too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 07:30 AM
    Read some reviews on "mSecure" after your post and it sounds like something I might want. I've read reviews on "1Password/1Password pro" - which sounds like a great app, but almost too complex (if that makes sense).

"mSecure" sounds like something closer to the BB "Password Keeper".

Thanks for your recommendation.
    I also use mSecure and like it quite a bit, I think I use it daily. You can also download a desktop version or a desktop app which will allow you to backup your passwords.

For the money I spent, I've been very happy with mSecure.
    12-29-10 11:24 AM
    I say buy 1Password...
    12-29-10 12:31 PM
    I also use mSecure and like it quite a bit, I think I use it daily. You can also download a desktop version or a desktop app which will allow you to backup your passwords.

For the money I spent, I've been very happy with mSecure.
    Do you use the desktop app? How do you like it / how well does it work?
    12-29-10 12:45 PM
    1. That's not ENTIRELY true. At least with Gmail, BB gets threaded messaging. I believe this is because OS6 integrated the enhanced Gmail plugin?

2. Agree with you on the truncated e-mails. Same with large attachments.

And just a random question.. What's the point of having the FB notifications if you're still getting the e-mails? Just curious. I mean, for me the whole point of having the push (or non-push) FB notifications on my BB (or my Android) is so that the FB e-mails no longer clutter up my inbox...

My bad, it's been a good 13-14 months since I've really touched a bb... touched one once to stick my # is lol it was a torch and i felt lost lol couldn't believe it, was the same feeling i had when it went back to windows after going mac..
    01-05-11 11:49 PM
    I also use eWallet. But it is pricey at $10 compared to most of 99 cents apps.
    01-12-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD