I think it does....

I made a post saying that I saw a prototype video of the blackberry magnum and it had a sure-press touch screen... I said that blackberry should have a touch screen like the the I phone!

Am I wrong? Tons of storm users ripped me a new bung hole ... For saying that sure-press was obsolete to I phone touch screen (the touch screen that the storm has .. Click screen) .. I love the I touch.. So smooth.. Follows every command touch! Unfortunately .. I like physical keyboards... So if a blackberry had a touch screen like the I phone ... Wooooh!

So am I wrong to say iphone touch screen is better than storm?
    I got slaughtered below

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/attention-rim-stop-surepress-devices-please-listen-your-customer-413180/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bloodlinebb; 01-29-10 at 10:24 AM.
    01-29-10 10:22 AM
    Some like Surepress because it makes it a little harder to actually select a link or enter a letter. I think the Droid keyboard is better than my iTouch, but it's still easy to make a mistake. Depends on your habits.
    01-29-10 10:32 AM
    personal opinion my friends. Some of stated they type even faster on an iphone then on any physical qwerty keyboard. I myself is beginning to think that myself.
    01-29-10 10:36 AM
    The long and short of it: yes by far. If you speak of the physical droid keyboard then I would disagree.. that is one of the worst qwerty kb's I have ever tried.
    01-29-10 10:50 AM
    Yes

10 char
    01-29-10 11:21 AM
    The iPhone has the best touchscreen. It is the most responsive and most accurate out there.
    01-29-10 11:34 AM
    I think it's pretty widely known that the Storm touchscreen is just as responsive as the iPhone touch screen, from a hardware standpoint, but that the Blackberry OS is not as quick as the iPhone OS. Thus giving the appearance that the Storm has a poorer screen.
    01-29-10 12:04 PM
    personal opinion my friends. Some of stated they type even faster on an iphone then on any physical qwerty keyboard. I myself is beginning to think that myself.
    I've had the BB 8320 & 8830, and I type faster on the iPhone.
    01-29-10 12:27 PM
    The iPhone has the best touchscreen around, and it has been proven.
    01-29-10 02:46 PM
    The iPhone has the best touchscreen around, and it has been proven.
    Who proved it?
    01-29-10 03:01 PM
    The auto-correction is lovely on the iPhone. That's no lie.

And I can say that the touch screen is the best I've used...whether it's the best is quite subjective.
    01-29-10 04:05 PM
    Best by far...
    01-29-10 05:39 PM
    Overall, I would have to say yes. The capacitive screen is dead on. I don't remember double tapping like I do on my Pre to select an app. Copy & Paste is ridiculously easy on the iPhone and after trying this function on every one of the top manufacturers (U.S.) for touchscreen devices, it's implemented the best.

IMO
    01-29-10 09:36 PM
    I think it's pretty widely known that the Storm touchscreen is just as responsive as the iPhone touch screen, from a hardware standpoint, but that the Blackberry OS is not as quick as the iPhone OS. Thus giving the appearance that the Storm has a poorer screen.
    hit the nail on the head there. The screen tap always registered but because of the constant lag it felt unresponsive eventhough the screen eventually caught up. Mix that with a clunky os that is about as smooth as a flat tire and you are left with a feeling of a bad touchscreen eventhough it's deeper then that
    01-30-10 06:17 AM
    in my opinion that iphone is the best touch screen phone.
    i never liked a touch screen phone until i bought the iphone 3g.
    fell in love with it. i think the touch screen is accurate and its pretty awesome too.
    02-01-10 09:31 PM
    I haven't ever owned an iphone, but I've had an itouch for quite a while now, and love the touchscreen for the most part. To me, I can type faster on an itouch/iphone than I can on a storm. I don't like that you have to physically press down the screen on a storm, and I believe it slows down typing. The fact that you don't have to physically press down anything on an iphone makes it the winner in my book. It is slightly easier to accidentally press something on an iphone, so each has it's pros and cons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 01:14 AM
    i had a storm when it first came out....didnt like it and went back to a regular phone. First iphone and loving it! typing is simple. Note I played with the ipod touch for awhile, and finally made the jump to iphone once I found out I could use it on my local carrier.
    02-02-10 03:48 PM
    Yes.

Typing on an iPhone is light years ahead of the Droid and that god-awful SurePress on the S2.
    02-02-10 03:51 PM
    Who proved it?

Droid does everything but precision touch screen..
    02-02-10 04:08 PM
    Technically speaking the according to this test against rival Touchscreen smartphone (Odds and Ends: iPhone touchscreen accuracy test | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews) The iPhone does indeed have the best touch screen smartphone
    02-02-10 04:12 PM
    I've owned an original 1st Gen iPhone and a Storm and Storm2 and now an iPhone 3GS and yes hands down iPhone has the best touchscreen out there, if not the best OS as well
    02-04-10 01:21 AM
    for sure i have an itouch n have messed with others like the droid n the itouch is better. The accuracy is great and i never have to press anything twice because the first time didnt work
    02-04-10 02:44 AM
    I don't like capacitive touch screens because you smear the screen with your fingers eventually, there's no way around it. I prefer a resistive touch screen if I have to have a touch screen, like I have on my Nokia 5800. It works with fingers or a stylus (included). I guess I got used to using styli with Palms years ago and prefer it.

Still, a physical keyboard rules.
    02-04-10 04:34 AM
    checked out both the links which claim to prove the iPhone has the best touch screen. neither of the documents presented prove anything except a lack of proper testing and some bias in both the writers arguments.
    02-04-10 04:59 AM
    checked out both the links which claim to prove the iPhone has the best touch screen. neither of the documents presented prove anything except a lack of proper testing and some bias in both the writers arguments.
    Shocking! Apple fanboyism AGAIN?
    02-04-10 05:58 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD