Does anyone prefer to have the metal back on their iPhones like the first gen
    iPhone? I kind of wish it was that way for the 3GS. Anyone feel the same?
    11-30-09 01:42 PM
    I had the first generation iPhone and I LOVED the metal back. I didn't like the feel of the 3G with the plastic back. It felt a tad cheaper to me.
    12-01-09 07:09 PM
    I think I'd like a leather back, like the Blackberry BOLD. Sorry, just saying...
    12-01-09 08:39 PM
    LOL! Leather would be interesting. Not 100% sure I liked it on the Bold but idk... Most people cover the back anyway so you never see it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 09:48 AM
    I love love lovedd the first gen iPhone.

That was truly the only iPhone that felt like a PREMIUM product.

But lets think about the pricing 599 WITH a 2 year contract-

At least we were buying a quality product.

Sometimes I think about buying a 1st gen iPhone and not caring about lack of MMS or that amazing processor.
    01-13-10 10:02 AM
    I liked the aluminum back as well. Only thing is when it gets scratches it looks terrible. The plastic backing kinda hides how severely scratches may be.
    01-13-10 10:09 AM
    I like a lot my white iphone but I LOVED the back on the firt gen iphone. It just felts SOLID... wish they would bring it back.
    01-13-10 03:23 PM
    I'd enjoy a 3G form factor with an aluminum, scratch resistant back
    01-13-10 03:54 PM
    I thought that the metal backing affected the signal quality so that's why the bottom part was plastic...

They need to have the logo on the back glow...now that would be killer.
    01-13-10 04:24 PM
    I thought that the metal backing affected the signal quality so that's why the bottom part was plastic...

They need to have the logo on the back glow...now that would be killer.
    As far as I know that is why they switched to a plastic back. And yes the logo should glow like it does on my macbook pro.
    01-13-10 04:28 PM
    I much prefer the plastic back aesthetically. The 1st gen silver and black back looked a bit like an old TV. Having the apple logo glow would be very cool, but it should be used to alert of new messages missed calls or something!
    01-24-10 06:34 AM
    I've had both the 1st gen. version and the 3g version, and it really doesn't matter to me because both phones went in to cases as soon as I got them. I like to keep my phone looking flawless.
    01-24-10 08:56 AM
    My friend has a Droid and has carpeted floors in his house so everytime he picks up his phone he gets shocked lol. I have a Storm and have never been shocked by it though. But I like the plastic iPhone backing better than the metal one. And yeah Apple found that the metal backing was affecting signal quality so they went to plastic. Which makes me wonder if the Storm had a plastic back if that would enhance signal quality too?

Anyways, supposedly this year the iPhone is getting a major overhaul and some rumors point to it being hardware as well as OS. So maybe a return of a metal back? Who knows, sit back and lets find out.
    01-24-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD