I've got a itouch and was wondering if anyone knows when 4.0 os is coming out? Everyone was thinking it would be on the 27th of January. Would it come out in August when the new iphone comes out or what? Are they getting any closer to an untethered version for itouch 3 gen.
    02-08-10 10:01 AM
    Possibly in July/August, that's usually when Apple showcase new iPhones. It's highly likely the new software will be demoed along with the new iPhone at that event...

Untethered? I presume you're talking about jailbreaking. And yeah, they're working on it. Keep checking the blackra1n and Dev Team Blog websites.
    02-08-10 10:05 AM
    I am thinking that os 4.0 will be something that will really stand out but with the 4 gen iphone. Thus, i am not so sure that it will come out very soon and if anything future updates to os 3 will feature a few things from os 4 (i.e multi-tasking?)

I'd be smart for apple to really upgrade their iphone to not only compete with nexus 1 but make it so that it will stay competitive for it's life cycle and the OS is pretty much what makes it work; just look at how bberry owners are clamoring for a new UI.
    02-08-10 12:03 PM
    If last year is any indication it will come out shortly before the launch of the new iPhone. That's about all anyone knows or could guess right now. Last year the 3GS came out in June and 3.0 can out little while before that. So we probably won't hear too much about a major OS upgrade until WWDC where we will also find out about any other releases (new iPhone and iPod touch)
    02-08-10 01:07 PM
    my guess would be around june
    02-08-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD