Does anyone know what percentage of Iphone purchases are returned? And does anyone have an idea how this percentage compares to returns on Blackberry purchases? With BB, I know it would be harder to measure due to different carriers and wider variety of devices. But I'm just curious in a "ballpark" figure no biggie...
    07-28-09 02:53 AM
    I'm not sure on Blackberrys overall, but the return rate for Storm is higher than iPhone. I think some sources say return rate for Storm in the first month of its release were 35-50% but I'm sure have dropped off significantly since then. Not sure about iPhones, but a lot of people apparently return them from water damage.
    07-28-09 11:07 AM
    Don't know about the percentage of returns other than mine...I returned my 32s S because the battery life was terrible. After spending 29 days doing the drain/charge/reboot and turning off all the applications that I was getting from my Bold I decided that although the iPhone is the most gorgeous phone I have ever seen, I need to be able to *use* my phone with a semblance of security.
    I stop my this group to see if the battery issue is ever resolved out of curiosity. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. I sooooo wanted my iPhone!!!
    07-28-09 11:26 AM
    Phillip Christopher of PCD claimed in January 30% of all iPhones were returned and that 25% of them were because people find them too complicated. Approximately 10% were water damage. (math?)

Phillip also stated his company is like the Viet Cong two years ago at a press conference apparently.

If I knew what I know now a year ago, I wouldve got a Bold regardless of what Phils opinions were. Live and learn
    07-28-09 11:40 AM
    Phillip Christopher of PCD claimed in January 30% of all iPhones were returned and that 25% of them were because people find them too complicated. Approximately 10% were water damage. (math?)

Phillip also stated his company is like the Viet Cong two years ago at a press conference apparently.

If I knew what I know now a year ago, I wouldve got a Bold regardless of what Phils opinions were. Live and learn
    His claims are known to be greatly exaggerated.
    07-28-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD