12-30-11 09:14 AM
37 12
tools
    In addition to my 4S, I also have a concealed weapons permit, and I use it to ward off such instances as you described.
    Believe it or not, so do I. I was carrying my Glock 27 strong side at the time. I have a lot of training and my situational awareness is well above average but I hate to say it but he just plain got the drop on me. I wasn't risking getting shot in the face over a phone and had I drawn I guarantee I wouldn't be here right now. He got caught and I walked away so all in all it was a good outcome. His trial is Tuesday and it's a minimum 10 year sentence in Georgia. I'm glad you exercise your right to carry, you're a responsible citizen, but a pass code might still be necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-11-11 07:20 AM
    ... My phone is on me all the time but always locked. I have auto lock after 1 min. Im used to it already ...
    Peace of mind isn't it? I know you said it's always on you, but it certainly would be, especially if one sets it down a lot.
    12-11-11 07:29 AM
    For those that use the passcode lock function, you may want to consider disabling the "Erase Data" feature under the Passcode Lock section. This will erase all the data on your phone if someone enters in the wrong passcode 10 times.

I know some of you have sensitive info and this might be useful but I read some stories of people pranking their friends by doing it on purpose and erasing your phone. So you may want to consider turning this off on the settings menu to prevent an accidental phone wipe.
    12-11-11 10:21 AM
    If someone pranks me like that we are going to have a problem.......

What I fear is my 3 year old........
    12-11-11 10:50 AM
    For those that use the passcode lock function, you may want to consider disabling the "Erase Data" feature under the Passcode Lock section. This will erase all the data on your phone if someone enters in the wrong passcode 10 times.

I know some of you have sensitive info and this might be useful but I read some stories of people pranking their friends by doing it on purpose and erasing your phone. So you may want to consider turning this off on the settings menu to prevent an accidental phone wipe.
    hello friend , yeah my friend faced this problem of wiping , he entered a wrong password for everal times then "blackberry" then everything was wiped , can he bring his info back ??? or he just lost them permently?

another question , can we disable this obtion of wiping.. after wrong pasword entered for several times ????
    12-11-11 10:51 AM
    Why would anyone keep pranksters like this for friends? And why would anyone sweat this when all he has to do is make regular backups to restore his phone in the event it should get wiped for any reason?
    12-11-11 11:07 AM
    Believe it or not, so do I. I was carrying my Glock 27 strong side at the time. I have a lot of training and my situational awareness is well above average but I hate to say it but he just plain got the drop on me. I wasn't risking getting shot in the face over a phone and had I drawn I guarantee I wouldn't be here right now. He got caught and I walked away so all in all it was a good outcome. His trial is Tuesday and it's a minimum 10 year sentence in Georgia. I'm glad you exercise your right to carry, you're a responsible citizen, but a pass code might still be necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I prefer my Sig Sauer 9mm. I have the Blackwater Edition w/ 20 round mag.
    12-11-11 01:07 PM
    I totally have my phone locked and I also have locks on certain apps, like my password keeper and Mint.com.

Heif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-12-11 01:11 AM
    I have to say in all the years of having blackberries and now my iPhone, I've never used a pin to unlock my ph. I have to say it's always attched to my body in someway.
    My phone is never out of sight, so I have no need to lock it. The only thing I do have locked is my password keeper.
    Same here. I have the "keeper" app on my phone and that has a pin.
    Do any of you use your iphone for work? Do you get your work mail on there? Is there EVER a chance that you might have confidential email, information, documents, etc. on there that could result in a privacy issue if your phone is lost?

Saying "My phone is never out of sight" really means "usually my phone is never out of sight and I haven't had it stolen......yet."

If you guys do use your phones for/with work I would check with your Security/Compliance groups and make sure you are not violating any corporate policies by not having the phone locked.....
    12-12-11 08:11 AM
    There is this joke going around with my friends that, with people my age, the only ones that lock their phones are the ones with dirty pictures or text messages they don't want people to see. I know it's not true, but we always laugh when we see someone putting in a passcode to unlock their phone.
    12-27-11 08:26 PM
    Password locked with data wipe on. Only takes an extra second to unlock my phone, but no one can take a quick peek through my phone if it is unattended

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    12-30-11 02:36 AM
    Advanced password lock on and data wipe on.
    12-30-11 09:14 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD